Best 11 1995-now

thinkingthuglife

Best 11 of last 15 years. yo was beefin wi a man u fan at work who was tryna say Giggs is top5 players of last 15 year but I was saying Henry was better. was a sik convo n the jk thing was I couldn't even put King Thierry in my best 11! i'm only young innit so heres my team from what I know n have seen.

------------------------------Buffon----------------------------

--Cafu---------Thuram------------Nesta-----Maldini----

----------------------------Makalele---------------------------

------------------Seedorf------------Zizou-------------------

--Messi---------------Real Ronaldo-------Ronnie D---

bare talent n consistency. Terry was saying this is his!

------------------------------Smichael-------------------------

--Puyol-------------Stam--------Canavarro-----Carlos--

--Figo--------------Keane-------Rui Costa--------Giggs---

---------------------------Zidane--------------------------------

---------------------------Ronaldo------------------------------

whats yours.

why the random date?

why the random date?

i'm only 19 innit and Terry was talking about Giggs being the best younger the English games ever seen so I showed him Cesc n he comes bk wi I never saw Giggs at 17 and Giggs is a top 5 player. Starks Schmeichal was sik but Buffons held it down since he was young till now. depends innit if u go talent or consistency. Man was tryna say Giggs over Ronnie n all. fuk that Ronnie got a world player of the year, Giggs has got PFA player of the year.

I thought Maldini played some of his best football when he was at CB.. Roberto Carlos had to get the LB spot.. There was a period where nobody in the world was anywhere near him..

Rauls stats say alot , I was gona put Shevchenko and Ronaldo , but Shevas time at Chelsea made me Revoke that...

Close calls for Bergkamp , Giggs , Canavaro..

• Upvote 1

Guest Blue State Of Mind

Good list nearly impossible but here goes

Kahn

Cafu--Cannavaro--Nesta--Thuram

-------Viera--Riquelme-----

Figo---------------Rui Costa---------------Ronaldinho

-------Ronaldo------

I thought Maldini played some of his best football when he was at CB.. Roberto Carlos had to get the LB spot.. There was a period where nobody in the world was anywhere near him..

Rauls stats say alot , I was gona put Shevchenko and Ronaldo , but Shevas time at Chelsea made me Revoke that...

Close calls for Bergkamp , Giggs , Canavaro..

K. respect.

Guest Blue State Of Mind

premier league team

Schemichel

Sagna--Staam--Ferdinand--Cole

-----------Makelele------------

Gerrard----------Viera

Ginola--------------------------Giggs

Henry

premier league team

Schemichel

Gerrard----------Viera

Henry

No1 would say giggs aint up there premier league tho. no bergkamp n no Neville means u kinda mess that up. Pires pisses all over ginola n how u not even thinkin about Shearer. Anyway we talking best 11 in the world.

no scholes in anyones teams so far?

:lol: :lol:

Would u have Scholes instead of Zidane?

Not even Scholes' mum would put him in any such team.

He'd struggle to make a Premier League one nevermind a world xi.

Zinedine Zidane, widely regarded as one of the greatest footballers of our time, has claimed that Paul Scholes is as close to the complete footballer as you can get and regrets never getting to play alongside him.

“He’s almost untouchable in what he does,” said Zidane. “I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get. One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career. He was an extremely tough opponent to play against. You didn’t get any time on the ball when he was around. He would close you down and make your life terribly uncomfortable. He is the type of player you want on your side, not in opposition because he could do so much damage. He is very gifted. He makes the game look easy because he’s so much natural ability.”

Zidanes opinion on football >>>>>> Yours

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

English press bagdering him for opinions about Scholes so he appeased them, wouldnt read too much into really.

Doubt he even said it like that, probs been greatly exaggerated lot of fake quotes being published recently.

Ok so what about all these people especially Chelsea Ray Wilkins,....

Edgar Davids : ""Every one of us (midfielders) is just trying to become as good as him. Everyone can learn from Paul Scholes."

Cesc Fabregas : "He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League."

Thierry Henry : "I can't understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it's because he doesn't seek the limelight like some of the other 'stars'."

Zinedine Zidane : "My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder."

Zinedine Zidane : "Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation."

Eidur Gudjohnsen : "I'm more an admirer of Paul Scholes than I am of Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a fantastic player, but he has 10 other great players around him every week...Scholes is one of the most complete footballers I've ever seen. His one-touch play is phenomenal. Whenever I have played against him, I never felt I could get close to him."

Marcello Lippi : "Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team - that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. Scholes is a player I have always liked, because he combines great talent and technical ability with mobility, determination and a superb shot. He is an all-round midfielder who possesses character and quality in abundance. In my opinion, he's been one of the most important players for United under Sir Alex."

Ray Wilkins : "I'm saddened because I think we as spectators, not only in this country but right through out Europe and the rest of the World, will be missing one hell of a footballer."

Gordon Strachan : "Paul Scholes has been the best England midfield player for 30-odd years. You'd probably have to go back to Bobby Charlton to find someone who could do as much as Scholes. When the ball arrives at his feet he could tell you where every player on that pitch is at that moment. His awareness is superb."

Veron while at Chelsea being asked in an interview who's the best english player : "Paul Scholes."

Peter Schmeichel : "People say he is a great player, but you have to define what a great player is, For me, it is a player who has a bottom level that means his worst performance is not noticed.If he is having a bad game, a team-mate might feel Paul Scholes is not quite on his game, but a spectator wouldn't notice. Scholes, of all the players I have played with, has the highest bottom level. His reading of the game is unsurpassed.He has an eye for a pass, for what the play or the game needs at that precise moment, that I have never seen anyone else have. He controls and distributes the play and the game better than anyone I have ever seen."

Laurent Blanc : "Scholes is the best English player. Intelligence, technique, strength... all the attributes are there. At Manchester United I saw what he could do on the training field. Phew!"

David Beckham said that, among his teammates at Real Madrid, which included Zinedine Zidane, Raúl, Ronaldo, Luís Figo and Roberto Carlos, Scholes was the most admired opponent : "He's always one of those people others talk about. Even playing at Real Madrid, the players always say to me 'what's he like'? They respect him as a footballer, and to have that respect from some of those players is great."

• Upvote 2

English press bagdering him for opinions about Scholes so he appeased them, wouldnt read too much into really.

Doubt he even said it like that, probs been greatly exaggerated lot of fake quotes being published recently.

You can make one of those for any player.

Wasn't Messi recently saying how good Walcott is? If a journo ask a footballer about another player they'll always reply 'he's class, one of the best'. It's a deafult answer.

Guest Portuguese

I rather have two european cups and a world cup than one european cup and a world cup(with league titles)

It takes a special manager to win more than one european cup

Step forward SAF Mourinho Hitzfeld VDB Sacchi

You can make one of those for any player.

Wasn't Messi recently saying how good Walcott is? If a journo ask a footballer about another player they'll always reply 'he's class, one of the best'. It's a deafult answer.

They didnt ask him about Scholes at all he told them about Scholes same with Zidane who is the toughtest MF you played against he choose from a long list in his head and said Scholes he wasnt reading off a script with a gun to his head ffs

Your so ignorant its unbelievable actually cant be bothered to reply to seriously anymore you must be a stupid f*cking prick

• Upvote 1

Guest Blue State Of Mind

premier league team

Schemichel

Gerrard----------Viera

Henry

No1 would say giggs aint up there premier league tho. no bergkamp n no Neville means u kinda mess that up. Pires pisses all over ginola n how u not even thinkin about Shearer. Anyway we talking best 11 in the world.

Ginola was a better player than Pires to be fair, he was just unlucky not to have played for a big team.

There have been a few strikers that were great in the premier who are not in my team, the likes of Zola, Cantona, Fowler who Berkgamp was not much better than. Henry gets the nod cause in my eyes he is the best striker to have played in the league, he could do anything.