Turkish Manager Stabbed On Touchline...

Guest faze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3GIZ9Adon8

Yuksel Yesilov, manager of Turkish second division club Mersin Idman Yurdu, was stabbed by his own brother during a match on Monday night. This is a level of insanity that makes all previous DTotDs seem like loving caresses by comparison.

The video above doesn't show the actual incident, but it does show the mass confusion that followed and led to the match being suspended. According to reports, Yesilov's brother jumped out of the stands and claims he did it because of a personal feud. Yuksel apparently has a different theory (via Globoesporte):

"I was lucky. Another inch and I was dead. I do not know how I escaped," the coach said. Yuksel did not know the motive for the attack: "My brother has problems with his head, he did it just to get publicity. The game was live on television and he wanted to appear. I have not spoken with him for seven years. "

If they really haven't spoken for seven years, I think I'm going to have to side with Yuksel on the "problems with his head" diagnosis. That's just not how you greet a sibling you haven't seen in almost a decade. Or, you know, anyone, for that matter.