Bramble - "I got the touch of a rapist"

Admin.

Sunderland footballer Titus Bramble has been arrested after a woman was raped in a Newcastle hotel.

The Premier League defender and a second man were arrested at the Vermont Hotel early on Wednesday and are being questioned by detectives.

The 29-year-old was arrested on suspicion of rape after a call was made to the police by a woman in her 20s.

Sunderland Football Club has so far not commented. Bramble joined the club from Wigan in the summer.

A spokesman for Northumbria Police said two men, aged 29 and 30, were arrested on suspicion of rape.

Bramble has also played for Newcastle United and Ipswich.

• Upvote 25
  • Downvote 1

So it was him and his brother who were accused.

Sunderland defender Titus Bramble has been released on bail after being arrested following an alleged rape at a Newcastle hotel.

The former Newcastle United man and his brother, Tesfaye, are both reported to have been questioned by the police due to the incident, and have now been bailed.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "Both men have been bailed pending further inquiries."

The two brothers are expected to answer bail on December 2.

In the meantime, Black Cats chairman Niall Quinn has expressed his support for the player, saying that Bramble "strenuously denies any wrongdoing and will be doing everything within his power to clear his name."

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Waka Flocka Dave

everyone involved in this on the accusin side is a f*ckin prick, from the girl to the police to the media

i dont see why they need to give out the name of a person being accused of rape? cos u know the newspapers will make it frontpage news but when the case is dropped they dont f*ckin care

so in the minds of everyone they jus remember the accussation

n if i was this guy i would sue the chick, dnt care if shes broke she needs to learn a f*ckin lesson

why f*ckin do it? what good is gonna come out of it? she should be exposed still

• Upvote 2

everyone involved in this on the accusin side is a f*ckin prick, from the girl to the police to the media

i dont see why they need to give out the name of a person being accused of rape? cos u know the newspapers will make it frontpage news but when the case is dropped they dont f*ckin care

so in the minds of everyone they jus remember the accussation

n if i was this guy i would sue the chick, dnt care if shes broke she needs to learn a f*ckin lesson

why f*ckin do it? what good is gonna come out of it? she should be exposed still

Agreed. But I reckon you'd have a hard time winning the suit if she just dropped it. If it went to court and you got a not guilty verdict then that's one thing but her dropping it doesn't prove anything.

Very true about not releasing the names of rape suspects though but they will never change that law as women's groups will say that they're protecting rapists.

• 9 months later...
Guest Portuguese

The brother of Premier League footballer Titus Bramble has been jailed for four and a half years after being convicted of rape.

Tesfaye Bramble, who played for Southend United, Stockport County and Stevenage before his career was ended by injury, raped a 19-year-old woman in the Vermont Hotel in Newcastle following a night out.

A jury found 31-year-old Bramble guilty of rape following a week-long trial in June, with his brother Titus in attendance as a witness on his brother's behalf.

Titus told the court how his party had gone to a bar in Newcastle called Madame Koo's after a Sunderland match on September 22 last year.

He said he returned to the Vermont Hotel later and found his brother, two of their friends and the alleged victim in one of the rooms he had booked.

The judge said Tesfaye Bramble had been nightclubbing 'as is the custom, seemingly,' and the defendant had gone back to the hotel room where the victim was sleeping.

He added: 'It has been described as opportunistic and it was to some extent.

'There was only one reason why you went back to the room... and that was to have sexual intercourse with her.

Convicted: Sunderland footballer Titus Bramble has seen his brother imprisoned on a rape charge

'I am entirely satisfied she was asleep at the time and was incapable of giving her consent and you knew it.

'You, and those involved in such activities, seem to have an attitude borne out by the contents of the pre-sentence report.

'That says when young women go back to hotels in those circumstances with footballers, they go back for one reason only and that is to have sexual intercourse

'They have a right to be protected and she had a right to be there and to be left alone and you abused it.'

The judge said Bramble had raped the woman after drinking and taking cocaine.

He said Bramble saw himself as the victim but his actions had 'a profound effect" on the woman.

He said she had experienced 'significant trauma' by having to give evidence at the trial.

The victim said she met the Bramble brothers and two of their friends in the VIP section of Madame Koo's bar in Newcastle in September last year.

After one of the men - Simon Pharoah - helped her take her drunk friend home to the Jesmond area of the city, she gave him a lift back to the hotel where they were all staying and began talking to the men in a room.

In a recorded police interview played to the court, the woman described how one of the men boasted to her about his expensive watch, car and racehorses.

The Vermont Hotel in Newcastle where a 19-year-old student alleges she was raped by Tesfaye Bramble

She said she eventually went to sleep in a single bed in one of the rooms the group was using.

The woman said the white man who helped her with her friend - identified as Mr Pharoah - was in the bed next to her in the locked room.

But she said he climbed into her bed before she fell asleep.

When she woke, she told the jury: 'A big black figure was on top of me.

The woman told the officers: 'I was in shock. This isn't right.'

She then described how she put her knickers in her bag, grabbed her hair extensions and ran out of the hotel in panic.

'As I was driving, I was being sick. I was retching. I was in shock. I cried like I've never cried in my life.'

The woman told the interviewing officers that she did not really know why she went into the hotel after she gave Mr Pharoah a lift back there. She said he had been kind to her and was 'such a nice guy.'

Once upstairs, she said one of the black men told her he was a footballer and she talked to him about Wayne Rooney, Cheryl Cole and Abbey Crouch.

She said she asked the man about his watch, saying: 'Is that an Omega?' But he told her it was a Rolex.

'He was laughing, saying 'You would not be able to afford the watch. 'He was bragging about it.'

Bramble told the jury he had got into the bed to 'try my luck' and the sex had been consensual.

The jury heard that, in his police interview, Bramble said: 'They don't just come back to the hotel to go to sleep, they come back for sex.'

Bramble said he was in a relationship which had been going on for about five or six years, off and on, and had a one-year-old daughter.

Bramble, of Ipswich, denied one count of rape.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022876/Judge-jails-Premier-League-footballers-brother-rape.html#ixzz1UAx5qzOK

The brother of Premier League footballer Titus Bramble has been jailed for four and a half years after being convicted of rape.

Tesfaye Bramble, who played for Southend United, Stockport County and Stevenage before his career was ended by injury, raped a 19-year-old woman in the Vermont Hotel in Newcastle following a night out.

A jury found 31-year-old Bramble guilty of rape following a week-long trial in June, with his brother Titus in attendance as a witness on his brother's behalf.

Titus told the court how his party had gone to a bar in Newcastle called Madame Koo's after a Sunderland match on September 22 last year.

He said he returned to the Vermont Hotel later and found his brother, two of their friends and the alleged victim in one of the rooms he had booked.

The judge said Tesfaye Bramble had been nightclubbing 'as is the custom, seemingly,' and the defendant had gone back to the hotel room where the victim was sleeping.

He added: 'It has been described as opportunistic and it was to some extent.

'There was only one reason why you went back to the room... and that was to have sexual intercourse with her.

Convicted: Sunderland footballer Titus Bramble has seen his brother imprisoned on a rape charge

'I am entirely satisfied she was asleep at the time and was incapable of giving her consent and you knew it.

'You, and those involved in such activities, seem to have an attitude borne out by the contents of the pre-sentence report.

'That says when young women go back to hotels in those circumstances with footballers, they go back for one reason only and that is to have sexual intercourse

'They have a right to be protected and she had a right to be there and to be left alone and you abused it.'

The judge said Bramble had raped the woman after drinking and taking cocaine.

He said Bramble saw himself as the victim but his actions had 'a profound effect" on the woman.

He said she had experienced 'significant trauma' by having to give evidence at the trial.

The victim said she met the Bramble brothers and two of their friends in the VIP section of Madame Koo's bar in Newcastle in September last year.

After one of the men - Simon Pharoah - helped her take her drunk friend home to the Jesmond area of the city, she gave him a lift back to the hotel where they were all staying and began talking to the men in a room.

In a recorded police interview played to the court, the woman described how one of the men boasted to her about his expensive watch, car and racehorses.

The Vermont Hotel in Newcastle where a 19-year-old student alleges she was raped by Tesfaye Bramble

She said she eventually went to sleep in a single bed in one of the rooms the group was using.

The woman said the white man who helped her with her friend - identified as Mr Pharoah - was in the bed next to her in the locked room.

But she said he climbed into her bed before she fell asleep.

When she woke, she told the jury: 'A big black figure was on top of me.

The woman told the officers: 'I was in shock. This isn't right.'

She then described how she put her knickers in her bag, grabbed her hair extensions and ran out of the hotel in panic.

'As I was driving, I was being sick. I was retching. I was in shock. I cried like I've never cried in my life.'

The woman told the interviewing officers that she did not really know why she went into the hotel after she gave Mr Pharoah a lift back there. She said he had been kind to her and was 'such a nice guy.'

Once upstairs, she said one of the black men told her he was a footballer and she talked to him about Wayne Rooney, Cheryl Cole and Abbey Crouch.

She said she asked the man about his watch, saying: 'Is that an Omega?' But he told her it was a Rolex.

'He was laughing, saying 'You would not be able to afford the watch. 'He was bragging about it.'

Bramble told the jury he had got into the bed to 'try my luck' and the sex had been consensual.

The jury heard that, in his police interview, Bramble said: 'They don't just come back to the hotel to go to sleep, they come back for sex.'

Bramble said he was in a relationship which had been going on for about five or six years, off and on, and had a one-year-old daughter.

Bramble, of Ipswich, denied one count of rape.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022876/Judge-jails-Premier-League-footballers-brother-rape.html#ixzz1UAx5qzOK

I'm sorry :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lol @ raping a girl in Newcastle, but the real laughter is from the hair extensions and knickers in the bag.

Guest M12 Part 2

This is peak. The first thing I'm asking is if she wasn't drunk and drove to the hotel. Why did she then stay the night with a man she didn't know. Why not drive back home.

Also if she wasn't smashed off her face, how could he have taken her knickers off etc and she only realised when he was actually having sex with her.

I'm not saying she didn't get raped but certain actions are very questionable.

This is peak. The first thing I'm asking is if she wasn't drunk and drove to the hotel. Why did she then stay the night with a man she didn't know. Why not drive back home.

Also if she wasn't smashed off her face, how could he have taken her knickers off etc and she only realised when he was actually having sex with her.

I'm not saying she didn't get raped but certain actions are very questionable.

She wanted Titus, saw someone else and got vex. Either way those were the actions of a whore, and while I'm not saying she got what she deserved (no one deserves rape), she got what most people knew the outcome would be.

A drunk one nighter.