Apple virgin

Grumpy Old Man

I'll start with something simple. I've just got a MacBook Pro, and it's the first apple machine I've used as far as computers are concerned. I'd like to extract a .rar file, I just downloaded an album. How do I get applications on my book to run? I downloaded a version of a program that's supposed to extract it, but I have no idea how to actually run the program.

I'll start with something simple. I've just got a MacBook Pro, and it's the first apple machine I've used as far as computers are concerned. I'd like to extract a .rar file, I just downloaded an album. How do I get applications on my book to run? I downloaded a version of a program that's supposed to extract it, but I have no idea how to actually run the program.

UnRar

or

ZiPeg

• 4 weeks later...

You can just download all the software as you would do with a windows pc. I just bought a MacBook pro and downloaded office for mac 2008 and inputed he serial number and that was it. I am just left with one problem. I haven't any idea how to update the thing. I tried updating but it would download the update and then not install the thing. How do I update it