CHRIS MOYLES' RADIO RANT

imhim

Also, I'm sick of people being compared to the Prime Minister. Who the f*ck decided he should be the benchmark for how much people should be paid!? Local authority leaders I can understand as to the general public they are just doing what he does but on a smaller scale. But this "earns more than the PM" thing goes too far at times... Even beyond the public sector!

Agreed, like the prime minister doesnt get

- free housing for 4-8 years

- all meals & travel paid for

- most expenses paid back

- 24 hour police protection for life

- a very very healthy CV to earn millions doing speechs and advising work when they leave office

- thousands of personal gifts sent from businesses and world leaders.

When you add up the perks the prime minister gets, it probably equates to much more then £150k a year.

Also, I'm sick of people being compared to the Prime Minister. Who the f*ck decided he should be the benchmark for how much people should be paid!? Local authority leaders I can understand as to the general public they are just doing what he does but on a smaller scale. But this "earns more than the PM" thing goes too far at times... Even beyond the public sector!

Agreed, like the prime minister doesnt get

- free housing for 4-8 years

- all meals & travel paid for

- most expenses paid back

- 24 hour police protection for life

- a very very healthy CV to earn millions doing speechs and advising work when they leave office

- thousands of personal gifts sent from businesses and world leaders.

When you add up the perks the prime minister gets, it probably equates to much more then £150k a year.

Well, he also gets his salary for being an MP on top of his ministerial salary. So actually he's being paid around 200k PLUS all the things you just said above.

ministerial salary...? how comes this has never been mentioned...?

where is this hevidence

His ministerial salary is his salary for BEING PM i.e. 142k

His salary for being an MP is around 65k.

You do the math.

No evidence needed, I am politics.

His salary is ridiculous, granted. However, I'm sick of people f*ck*ng moaning that the public sector should be paid pittance in comparison to the private sector. It's quite simple... If the pay is sh*t, only the sh*t people will take the job. That means shitter quality public services. People expect everyone working in the public sector to be some kind of volunteer! It's a job like any other... The best person has to get hired but the best person will not apply if the salary is not competitive. For example, if ITV wanted to pay a presenter £200k and the BBC paid them £201k, people would complain. But if the BBC paid presenters £20k and had a bunch of sh*t presenters everyone would complain that the BBC is crap.

strong post

yh the problem isnt these man gettin paid more than the prime minister

the problem is the huge difference in pay from the top to the bottom, that is the real issue

everyone puts the work in, the people on the ground do a hell of a lot, and get paid peanuts in comparison to these top public sector workers

His salary is ridiculous, granted. However, I'm sick of people f*ck*ng moaning that the public sector should be paid pittance in comparison to the private sector. It's quite simple... If the pay is sh*t, only the sh*t people will take the job. That means shitter quality public services. People expect everyone working in the public sector to be some kind of volunteer! It's a job like any other... The best person has to get hired but the best person will not apply if the salary is not competitive. For example, if ITV wanted to pay a presenter £200k and the BBC paid them £201k, people would complain. But if the BBC paid presenters £20k and had a bunch of sh*t presenters everyone would complain that the BBC is crap.

strong post

the problem is the huge difference in pay from the top to the bottom, that is the real issue

everyone puts the work in, the people on the ground do a hell of a lot, and get paid peanuts in comparison to these top public sector workers

No, the problem is the disparity between the private sector execs and private sector employees (66:1 according to Mehdi Hasan).

Lol why do you keep saying that bro? Are you Mary Poppins?

/

I think they only missed one pay date. He got paid at the end of July, they missed August and I guess he will get paid at the end of September. So this 2 months ting is all relative

:lol:

strong post

No, the problem is the disparity between the private sector execs and private sector employees (66:1 according to Mehdi Hasan).

what do u mean no?

we are not talkin about the private sector

strong post

Agreed. But as the Tory MP in QT pointed out there is a big difference between a public sector CEO and a private sector CEO. While the public sector always has money coming in through government(though they have tough job now cutting the budget). The private sector CEO has the responsibility of having a clearly defined strategy and vision for the business to make profit and increase market share and there by increasing tax revenues for the Government and creating more jobs. But agreed CEO's in the Private sector no matter if they fail or succeed get a substatinal pay off and a very generous pension pot.

strong post

Agreed. But as the Tory MP in QT pointed out there is a big difference between a public sector CEO and a private sector CEO. While the public sector always has money coming in through government(though they have tough job now cutting the budget). The private sector CEO has the responsibility of having a clearly defined strategy and vision for the business to make profit and increase market share and there by increasing tax revenues for the Government and creating more jobs. But agreed CEO's in the Private sector no matter if they fail or succeed get a substatinal pay off and a very generous pension pot.

Then as Mehdi Hasan pointed out, this notion is bullshit.

Please re-watch it and listen to what he says directly after the Tory MP.

strong post

Just because their goals are not the same doesn't mean a public sector exec's job is any less difficult. They have to balance the political aims of their superiors with the needs of their stakeholders, all within increasingly strict allocated budgets. Providing high quality services on a tight budget isn't easy and you need a good business mind to do so! Yilmaz is right, the problems start in the private sector and the public sector just tries to stay competitive.