Tony Pulis

TF S4DK

Stoke manager Tony Pulis has called for the PFA to clamp down on diving in football – and appeared to accuse Samir Nasri of conning the referee to win a penalty during Arsenal’s clash with Tottenham last week.Pulis also accused a Newcastle player of feigning injury during the game, although he refused to identify the player in question.Stoke came in for criticism following Andy Wilkinson's midweek challenge on Fulham striker Moussa Dembele and Pulis called on the Professional Footballers' Association to demand higher standards of behaviour from its members.He said: "With the bad publicity we have had this week with the challenge from Andy Wilkinson, I was really disappointed when one of the Newcastle players went down and I think simulated an injury from a challenge."Three passes later, he jumped up and was running around as if nothing had happened."The PFA have a responsibility as an organisation to make sure their players don't do things like that because you put other players under enormous pressure, but also you but referees and officials under enormous pressure."We have been highlighted with one or two other clubs for supposedly being over-physical, and there are other aspects to our game that need to be addressed, and that is certainly, for me, one of them."Asked to name the player, Pulis replied: "I don't know, you will have to look at the tape yourself."“I think we’ve got to have a bit more honesty within the group of players because that puts enormous pressure on referees and I don’t think it’s right and I don’t think enough is said about it,” said Pulis.“I watched the game between Tottenham and Arsenal and a player goes down in the penalty box who’s not touched – and it’s a penalty. For me, someone’s got to start talking about that as well, never mind the challenges.“It’s always been a competitive game in this country. Crowds like to come and see comptetitive players and competitive teams. The problem we’ve got at the moment is that we’re almost taking that away and we shouldn’t do that. What we should do is actually isolate people who are trying to con referees.“The PFA have a responsibility to do that because they’re actually conning another member of the union.”Earlier this month Pulis demanded an apology from Gunners boss Arsène Wenger after the Frenchman claimed Robert Huth and Ryan Shawcross were dragging the game towards rugby by allegedly impeding Spurs goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes earlier in the season.“We have been highlighted with one or two other clubs for supposedly being over-physical, and there are other aspects to our game that need to be addressed, and that is certainly, for me, one of them,” added Pulis.
  • Downvote 1

• 7 months later...

So the Stoke fans are planning to boo Aaron Ramsey on Sunday...Some of their fans discussing it here and on that forum...http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=161139http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=161211&page=1

• Downvote 1

f*ck*ng hell some of the sh*t said is pathetic, they actually want to boo Ramsey? This can't be life surely, then you get Lou Macari saying this http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/Lou-Macari-Aaron-Ramsey-easily-defuse-potential-explosive-Brit-return/article-3511230-detail/article.htmlf*ck this caveman side

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

was on that site last weeklol @ trying to blame bendtner for ramsey's injury
Heard this on the Arsecast earlier and couldn't believe people are going to blame him, to me it smacks of them being cunts.As for people saying Ramsey should issue a statement, f*ck off the guy lost 14 months of his career and this neanderthal gets all the sorry phone calls, an England call up and wankers coming out portraying Ramsey as the bad guy, "He is not that type" should have been banned for a lot longer. At least the MLS did the right thing when a dangerous tackle was committed, our FA are too busy eating caviar and losing World Cup bids.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Awesome Kong

I got negged because I highlighted that a member has Delap as thier avator? Who ever negged me, expose yourself and answer this: Do you like Delap?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4