Football this wkend

Guest Portuguese

Its Official :D:D:D:D Former Barcelona and Inter star Ronaldo revealed on Friday that he will end his illustrious career at the end of 2011, by which time he hopes to have lifted the Copa Libertadores.Speaking to Globo Esporte, the 34-year-old striker outlined the plans for the rest of his career."My thoughts are to play up until the end of 2011 in December and then close out my career. I am going to finish it here in Corinthians," Ronaldo revealed.After an impressive start to his career in Sao Paulo, Ronaldo has struggled with injuries and lack of conditioning, only now having re-entered consideration for the first-team after nearly five months out of action due to injury. The player confirmed that 2010 had not unfolded for him as he had desired, but reiterated his desire to get his hands on one last trophy."This year has been very complicated for me, on account of the injuries. I need to regain the affection and love that the Corinthians support held for me. Playing one year more will be hard on my body, but I need to give this to the fans."Yes, the Libertadores. It is a massive obsession," he confessed. The 34-year-old has netted over 300 goals in a career that saw him play in Italy and Spain as well as holding a record for scoring the most goals in World Cup history.

Don't blame him, pumped full of drugs for that knee injury, put on sh*t loads of weight due to this but putting that aside he really was phenomenal when he was at his best he was simply unplayable, shall we say he peaked TWICE? If only he didn't suffer from some many horrible injuries but still a legend.