Louis Theroux - Law And Disorder In Lagos

Guest Esquilax

Let's not be silly

The best parts of LDN are the best parts of any capital city

Can't believe what I'm seeing, treasonous bastards

IMO architecture is one thing Certain Nigerian cities have over london(if u favour that new age glass building look like i do).but this is common sense IMO- lagos is a developing city, thus the ideal place for any ambitious architect with vision

also land. Bigger plots of it to be sold simply because there's more of it. TBH the houses are just generally more luxurious. Remember i am talking about the well off parts. In a country where there is no middle class, i'm sure u can imagin the vast difference between the poorest and richest parts of lagos.

/

u only say "lets not be silly" because u haven't been there/ most likely have the general western misconception of developing "3rd wolrd countries"

and how many capital cities have u been to pray tell?

Regarding your first point - because of the rich history London has, its buildings reflect each different era, so it's not like the ruins of Rome nor the shiny bright lights of Vegas. Personally I prefer older, or classical architecture, which is why I like holidaying in places like Bruges and sh*t like that, because the buildings are, for want of a better word, magnificent.

Obviously the bigger plots allow for more palatial housing, but like I said before, you get a mixture in London, huge stately homes in Chelsea and tiny back alley hovels in wherever. London is the only city in the country that bases its post codes on how important the boroughs and areas are.

I have travelled well for my age and seen a fair few places, not just major cities.

/

@Carpe - Paris is probably the most similar capital city to London in terms of layout, and I do love Paris for the unmatched culture, however I think both historically and at the present, London has the edge. Music, fashion etc etc. Obviously I'm biased because I love this city, even though I don't see as much of it as I'd like.

this is just your opinion obviously. but dont claim london is better when your reasons are only based on personal preference.

i like cities for their culture as well, but also to be somewhat sane. when you compare champs Elysee to oxford street there's no comparison

or when other cities DO christmas, such as the christmas markets in Berlin or frankfurt, trains run on time, people ACT more cultured

i can walk around town at 3am and not only have to buy a friggin big mac or some dodgy kebab

customer service is better.. these are the things i expect from a major city, and dont really give a hoot how old a building is

Guest Esquilax

I'm not even talking solely about aesthetics though

I genuinely think that London is THE place to be, to grow up in... Perhaps not in a wealth or safety point of view, but in what it makes you and how you think

I can't really describe it very well

• Upvote 1

I'm not even talking solely about aesthetics though

I genuinely think that London is THE place to be, to grow up in... Perhaps not in a wealth or safety point of view, but in what it makes you and how you think

I can't really describe it very well

out of all of europe london>>>>>

there are much more prettier , cleaner .cheaper, better organised cities all over europe but overall london>>>>

Let's not be silly

IMO architecture is one thing Certain Nigerian cities have over london(if u favour that new age glass building look like i do).but this is common sense IMO- lagos is a developing city, thus the ideal place for any ambitious architect with vision

also land. Bigger plots of it to be sold simply because there's more of it. TBH the houses are just generally more luxurious. Remember i am talking about the well off parts. In a country where there is no middle class, i'm sure u can imagin the vast difference between the poorest and richest parts of lagos.

/

u only say "lets not be silly" because u haven't been there/ most likely have the general western misconception of developing "3rd wolrd countries"

Regarding your first point - because of the rich history London has, its buildings reflect each different era, so it's not like the ruins of Rome nor the shiny bright lights of Vegas. Personally I prefer older, or classical architecture, which is why I like holidaying in places like Bruges and sh*t like that, because the buildings are, for want of a better word, magnificent.

Obviously the bigger plots allow for more palatial housing, but like I said before, you get a mixture in London, huge stately homes in Chelsea and tiny back alley hovels in wherever. London is the only city in the country that bases its post codes on how important the boroughs and areas are.

I have travelled well for my age and seen a fair few places, not just major cities.

/

@Carpe - Paris is probably the most similar capital city to London in terms of layout, and I do love Paris for the unmatched culture, however I think both historically and at the present, London has the edge. Music, fashion etc etc. Obviously I'm biased because I love this city, even though I don't see as much of it as I'd like.

this is just your opinion obviously. but dont claim london is better when your reasons are only based on personal preference.

i like cities for their culture as well, but also to be somewhat sane. when you compare champs Elysee to oxford street there's no comparison

or when other cities DO christmas, such as the christmas markets in Berlin or frankfurt, trains run on time, people ACT more cultured

i can walk around town at 3am and not only have to buy a friggin big mac or some dodgy kebab

customer service is better.. these are the things i expect from a major city, and dont really give a hoot how old a building is

trust

what country except britain/england do you walk around on a friday night and see packs of drunk people fighting, being sick and behaving like animals in the city centre?

go to barcelona at 2am on a saturday and you'll see families with kids having meals outside, drinkig wine/coffee etc

british people are definitely less cultured

• Upvote 1

Let's not be silly

/

/

trust

what country except britain/england do you walk around on a friday night and see packs of drunk people fighting, being sick and behaving like animals in the city centre?

go to barcelona at 2am on a saturday and you'll see families with kids having meals outside, drinkig wine/coffee etc

british people are definitely less cultured

i love barcelona, its my favourite european city...... BUT

speaking as a black man it doesnt compare to london ...... going to other european countries is like going back 20 years in london

• Upvote 1

Let's not be silly

/

/

obviously what makes one city better than another depends on what u as an individual value. My point was that it is folly to act as if lagos or any (other major city tbh) can't compare with london, or that lagos hasn't got anything to offer in comparison to London. Especially if u haven't been there (i would think that common sense). That being said, London is first in my heart.