Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gunner

Tevez tired of ending defenses....

21 posts in this topic

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6437074,00.html

Carlos Tevez admits he has grown disillusioned with football and could walk away from the game at any time.

The Manchester City striker has revealed that the stresses of life as a Premier League performer are taking their toll on his body and mind.

He may only be 26, but the Argentinainternational claims his distinguished career to date has left him drained.

Tevez hinted over the summer that he could soon quit professional football after finding it hard to motivate himself for the new campaign.

He has, however, remained a stand-out performer for City and has been handed the captain's armband at Eastlands by boss Roberto Mancini.

That, though, has done little to curb Tevez's sense of frustration and he continues to mull over the possibility of hanging up his boots and stepping out of the spotlight.

"I have been playing many games this season, and my body is feeling it. I am tired," the South American superstar said in the News of the World.

"I started to play when I was really young and I have always fought so much but now I'm feeling the effort.

Tolerance

"I'm an old guy now, and I started to think about some stuff. For example, I am less tolerant as a person today than I was a few years ago.

"Then I think - what happens if I quit football as long as I am okay in my life?

"When I talk about quitting, I mean quitting football, not just the national team. But at the moment I still don't know if this is going to be in one month, one year, three or five years.

"I have the idea of quitting in my mind. Maybe one of these days, I will just wake up and say no more football."

Tevez, who has appeared in all seven of City's Premier League fixtures so far this season, added: "My family but also my body are starting to feel the effort.

"I have worked and fought so hard, and I would love to enjoy my football.

"I have been playing in England for five years, and I have not spent a single Christmas nor New Year with my family.

"Let me tell you I am not enjoying the life of a footballer."

if what he says about not spending christams or new yrs with his fam for 5 yrs then come on guise - thats sad

if what he says about not spending christams or new yrs with his fam for 5 yrs then come on guise - thats sad

100k a week and away from family >>>>> xmas with family

as stupid as i may seem sayin this

you may say that now but tbh we aint in his situation so we wont know until we are

He could get 60k a week at Boca, no sympthy for him tbh.

100k a week and away from family >>>>> xmas with family

trust me

no second thought or nothing

unless he has lil kids

then id think about it

i hear what he's saying tbh.

And yh he's got at least 1 young daughter.

Lol at people saying earning a 100k a week >> spending xmas with your family. Some people take the simple regular things for granted. And plus how much money do you have to earn till it stops meaning as much and the more simple things become more important. I.e spending xmas at home with an elderly mother.

However a little more cynical side of me is wondering if this isn't just another snide way of a player calling for a winter break.

and just to reiterate i'm still baffled as to why a large section of United fans dislike the man,

And so again i'll put the question out there, for anyone who thinks they can explain it.

There's many reasons tbh. Saying he wouldn't sign for our rivals is just one I can think of off the top of my head. I don't really wanna get into that though as I cba.

/

Tevez is Any attention seeker.

He needs to stfu. If he don't love the game he can fuk of coz bare man would love to be in his poition and he winging. Y retire? man could just go to an Argentinian club.

like the argentinian club can afford him

need to jus holla at man city for some paid/unpaid holiday

like the argentinian club can afford him

need to jus holla at man city for some paid/unpaid holiday

Boca could if the sponsor helped, did with Riquelme

He should do an ''Adriano''.

i understand

all he wants is to

guile-after-win-go-home-and-be-a-family-man.png

:lol:

I wouldn't care if he saw his family once a year.

LMAO @ feeling sorry for anyone on 100k a week. F*ck off mate, seriously.