We letting people off for this nowadays yeah?

Angelo

The parents got lucky tbh considering they called the cops on her - I personally woulda expected a heavier sentence but clearly in the eyes of the law "infanticide" is not as bad as murder?

"She appeared to have been genuinely unaware of her pregnancy, she had no real criminal intent and her actions were driven out of panic and emotional and physical shock."

what are these words tho? doesnt make any sense.

baffled at this and the notion of not realising you are pregnant tbh.

Infanticide? Smfh so many words just to say murder.

Ok so she might not have known she was pregnant but what foolishness is it that the response to it would be to shank a baby 27 times?

So much pisstake has occurred here, bitch will even be able to walk away from it without her name being released and no prison time.

I wonder what the outcome would be if a guy stabbed up a baby that he just found out he had. f*ck the British injustice system

im not displeased with her sentence tbh

a lot of people dont know that they are pregnant

the situation obviously drove her nuts, i cant empathise with what she did but the girl is young, and prison wont help

they will kill her in prison for that

'Kerry Maylin, prosecuting, told the court the baby had suffered 27 stab wounds, many of them superficial injuries, caused by a pen knife with a 3cm blade.'

sounds like a frenzied attack to me

if anything she needs mental help

'Heavy burden'

Sentencing, Judge Mr Justice John Royce, said the girl must have given birth in "thoroughly frightening circumstances".

"You have to live with that and that is a heavy burden to carry," he said.

"But the law recognises that people in a similar predicament do, on occasions, kill their offspring while the balance of their mind is disturbed.

"The law recognises it is important for the court to act in a constructive way and mercifully rather than concentrate on the punishment.

good judgement imo

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Guest Esquilax

The mind is a complex tool?

She gave birth to a child and then stabbed it to death. She stabbed a baby to death. Her own baby.

Now I don't even like children, but even I know that human instinct dictates that you protect the young and vulnerable, especially if it's yours.

I'm not sure about this judgement, but that story is pretty unfathomable, to me at least

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To comply with a Supervision Order you must:

• Notify any change of address.
  • Attend when required.
  • Arrive on time for appointments.
  • Comply with any reasonable directions.
  • Comply with any additional requirements included in your Order.

That's an appropriate punishment for someone who stabbed their baby 27 times after birth, wrapped it in towels, and dumped it in a bin at a train station then went about her business until her parents baited her up?

At the age of 16/17?

Some of you are beyond thick.

If not incarcerated she needs to be admitted to a mental hospital.

• Attend when required.

That's an appropriate punishment for someone who stabbed their baby 27 times after birth, wrapped it in towels, and dumped it in a bin at a train station then went about her business until her parents baited her up?

At the age of 16/17?

This

Guest Esquilax

OBV this is a heinous(sp) act but some of u I dont think are developed enough to appreciate the human condition. at least not a females.

I wish you would stop going on like some ends Confucius. Some pompous grandiosity.

And these cases are far worse than just post natal depression, this is more like postpartum psychosis which mainly effects mothers with disabled children.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

OBV this is a heinous(sp) act but some of u I dont think are developed enough to appreciate the human condition. at least not a females.

I wish you would stop going on like some ends Confucius. Some pompous grandiosity.

And these cases are far worse than just post natal depression, this is more like postpartum psychosis which mainly effects mothers with disabled children.

yh great

the point is the first instinct isnt always protection

Guest Esquilax

Lol at quick google search

There was a documentary about this not long ago, maybe you should watch some instead of just acting like you're better than everyone through some completely unwarranted sense of self importance.

@Smaddy yes, as was highlighted in the doc, some women don't want look at their newborns or done love them. But to stab a crying baby covered in placenta 27 times is not your regular reaction. You can rationalise it however you want with various postpartum disorders.

• Attend when required.

At the age of 16/17?

who is thick?

im not displeased with her sentence tbh

a lot of people dont know that they are pregnant

the situation obviously drove her nuts, i cant empathise with what she did but the girl is young, and prison wont help

they will kill her in prison for that

'Kerry Maylin, prosecuting, told the court the baby had suffered 27 stab wounds, many of them superficial injuries, caused by a pen knife with a 3cm blade.'

sounds like a frenzied attack to me

if anything she needs mental help

'Heavy burden'

Sentencing, Judge Mr Justice John Royce, said the girl must have given birth in "thoroughly frightening circumstances".

"You have to live with that and that is a heavy burden to carry," he said.

"But the law recognises that people in a similar predicament do, on occasions, kill their offspring while the balance of their mind is disturbed.

"The law recognises it is important for the court to act in a constructive way and mercifully rather than concentrate on the punishment.

good judgement imo

Depending on what the rehabilitation she will be getting is.

Prison wasn't going to help her, not our prisons anyway.

Lol at quick google search

There was a documentary about this not long ago, maybe you should watch some instead of just acting like you're better than everyone through some completely unwarranted sense of self importance.

@Smaddy yes, as was highlighted in the doc, some women don't want look at their newborns or done love them. But to stab a crying baby covered in placenta 27 times is not your regular reaction. You can rationalise it however you want with various postpartum disorders.

no one said it was a regular reaction and no one is rationalising whats happened

tired of these exchanges with you, its like you can't read

you're working yourself into a frenzy over nothing

what is even your argument here? did you want her to get sent down yh?

• Attend when required.

At the age of 16/17?

This

Why are you trying to make this sound so black and white, I swear your negativity and pessimism along with your unwavering attitude blinds you to outside possibility of genuine cause/nature.

The youth rehabilitation order will be accustomed to whatever the crime was anyway. So its obviously its going to be counselling, seeing doctors etc

Admittance to a mental hospital is the last step when all other methods of treatment have failed.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Guest Esquilax

Frenzy?

:/

You're right, I'm tired of these exchanges as well. In fact, I'm tired of any exchange you have with another member. You always come off looking like a d*ck.

My point is merely that murdering a newborn baby is not a reaction that can be used as an example because it's so rare

I trust you not to reply.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1