Weekend Football + CL

Eskay Jones

On 20/10/2010 at 11:25 PM, faze said:
On 20/10/2010 at 11:21 PM, Afgoon said:
bales goodbut as a player built on physical fitness and athletism he wont maintain this levelhes a flash in the pan playerhes not built on tecnique and vision
are you taking the f*ck*ng piss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2344ANe_3E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4z7EzF3EBc

u took the bait its 

• Upvote 2

the only point You're close to making is that he's gonna be tired after that performance, then when he's fit again he'll do it againfair pointlol @ Glasgow Rangers missing 2 open goals ( Naysmith and Miller )Raul is legendary

by Adrian Durham | Thursday, October 10I could not believe what I saw on Tuesday night at the Emirates. Eduardo scores for Shakhtar and the whole ground stands up to salute him. What’s all that about? It was like a minute’s applause. He’s still alive Gooners. There is life after you leave Arsenal you know, in fact I believe Thierry Henry is shining his Champions League medal as we speak.Eduardo was average at best for Arsenal. His goal record was poor by comparison with stars who went before him. He was a good player but not good enough for Brazil, so he opted for Croatia. Not good enough for Arsenal, so he ended up in the Ukraine.So why the applause, when most normal fans treat returning former players with healthy contempt commonly known as “stick” or “banter”. Or “abuse”.Oh hang on. That’s right he got injured. That’s why he got the ovation from Gooners. That’s all you have to do to be an Arsenal hero these days. Get a leg break from a Premier League clogger (Martin Taylor is so bad he’s now lumping long balls at Watford), and you instantly become an Arsenal legend.My producer Antonio is a Gooner (I’ve complained to the boss several times but I’m told I deserve this punishment). He says Eduardo was a better finisher than Ian Wright, better than Henry. It really is pathetic.An ironic cheer maybe. But the whole stadium standing up to applaud? At worst it proves Arsenal fans have no hunger whatsoever. You should ALWAYS hate a goal being scored against your team. But not Arsenal fans – they love it!!At best it was incredibly patronising from the Arsenal fans. Imagine them all saying this to each other over their lattes and sun-dried tomatoes ciabattas in the Islington coffee shops: “Oh wasn’t it so sweet to see poor little Eduardo score a goal. So lovely. It’s good to see Shakhtar give him a game, lovely. He deserves it. Poor little Eduardo. He used to be so good. I’d put him in our all-time XI.” Yeah right. That’ll be the all time XI according to the fans who started turning up after Wenger arrived. Eduardo was an Arsenal reserve who got a bad injury. End of. Save the applause for those who really deserve it. The ones who used to win stuff at Arsenal.
  • Upvote 2

Even thoe I was not totally convinced and thought his best work came in the Carling Cup, Eduardo showed real promise, that spell from the brace against Blackburn in the Catling Cup to the goal against Burnely in the FA Cup gave us the impression he could become a top player, so I think he deserved his moment on Tues.. the inj f*cked him upAlso good to see Sheyi shaking the cobwebs off, he is a right handful on his day..If RVP scores that 1st ppl are creaming their y-fronts