Social housing budget to be cut by more than 50 per cent, BBC learns

Angelo

you know what makes me laugh is when they are gettin it in in the house of commons and you see the people behind the speaker nodding slowly every few seconds and the "eeeaaarrrr" noises they make about absolute bullshit, then waving the papers at the other side pmsl what pricks, whole thing is so scripted, immature and bait i have no interest in politics just need to get my money in and live on an island

real talk if we did half the things in school they do in the house of commons we'd be sent outside

thats exactly what i said to someone the other day

that behaviour would never be allowed in school, why are they able to get away with it

its all a big laugh and joke

an all the cheap jibes an remarks, pisses me off, just answer the question

i especially hate the questions that come from the conservatives because its jus openers for cameron to talk about supposedly positive aspects of policy

Guest WAVESURFER

f*ck off mate, you're one of the biggest cunts on here.

If you don't understand the sentiments behind those videos, you must know f*ck all about what she did.

:arrow:

LOL you're hurt. About "don't understand the sentiments."

you clearly dont tho

Guest WAVESURFER

Jesus christ mate.

You being ecstatic about someone dying is a cuntish thing. What you can't understand about that I'm not sure.

/

Don't even think about attempting to school me on politics.

What, should I be sad when she dies? I detest her. She's a horrible woman, who stands for everything I hate in the world. What she did to this country is unforgivable. Of course I'm gonna be happy when she dies.

What YOU can't understand about that, I'm completely un-f*ck*ng-sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

_482565_conservative_quote.gif

your party yh?

how many black labour candidates have done anything in the labour party? end of the day, from a personal level i dont need any govt, labour or cons to make my life any better. pple rely on govt too much.

Imagine if you hadn't been born with a silver fork up your ass, your mum had no husband and in 4 months time had to move to somewhere in the sticks because she couldn't afford to keep the house you live in now.

Some stupid ass post Carpe. I had you down as other bad things but not stupid bro

Carpe is a typical selfish Tory c*nt, it's all "me, me, me" with these bastards.

"From a personal level" is right, that's the only level you greedy bastards can ever think on.

you can scream selfish all you like. it just appeared that so much was available to people who wont, or dont contribute half as much as they take. and yes i said on a personal level, cos the govt shouldn't shape your own individual life so much not in the west anyway. if you wanna go out an do something with your life you will.

and nemesis, the way everyone always tries to blame "bankers" for all their woes is also laughable, when they had 3x what they earned in a month in credit limits, going on holiday/shopping with their credit cards

oh so you are telling me that the 200 billion used to bail out the banks was whos fault?....because if it wasnt the bankers that lost the money please explain to me whose fault it was.....

the 200 billion that put the country in debt (which is why all the cuts are being made)

Please explain

the fault of everyone who was involved in the "credit" boom. the consumers buying houses they could barely afford, housing developments being sold out, before a crane arrives on site. people with no real sense of business, taking out loans willy nilly. UK personal debt was at 1.5 TRILLION pounds, not including mortgages.

the govt was also borrowing to fund useless projects, and pay useless people to "think"

and the bankers using all that money being borrowed to invest elsewhere in the global market to make much more profit, in the end everyone in the most developed countries ended up hitting a brick wall, cos there was no where else to turn and throw away bad debt.

but its clear that everyone suffers in some way as a result

whilst i don't agree with carpe's opinions i dunno why this post was negged cos iirc everything he said just now is truth

yes the bankers are at fault but the media has turned them into the sole scapegoats like say there weren't other factors involved

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Waka Flocka Dave
Long-term benefit claimants could be forced to do compulsory manual labour under proposals being put forward by the government, it has emerged.

Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith is set to outline plans for four-week placements doing jobs like gardening and litter clearing.

"The message will go across - play ball or it is going to be difficult," said Mr Duncan Smith.

Details will be unveiled in the Welfare Reform White Paper expected shortly.

Under the plan, claimants thought to need 'experience of the habits and routines of working life' could be put on the month long, 30-hour a week placements.

Anyone refusing to take part or failing to turn up on time to work could have their £65 Jobseekers' Allowance stopped for at least three months.

The Work Activity scheme is said to be designed to flush out claimants who have opted for a life on benefits or are doing undeclared jobs on the side.

Reports suggest it will target people believed to be sabotaging efforts to get them back into work.

The Welfare Reform White Paper, set to be unveiled in the coming week, will set out Mr Duncan Smith's plans for a universal credit to replace the range of benefits currently claimed by the jobless.

'Cycle of dependency'

Under the scheme, job advisers would be given powers to require tens of thousands of claimants to take part in community work for charities or local councils.

A Department for Work and Pensions spokesman said: "We will shortly be bringing forward further proposals on how to break the cycle of dependency blighting many of our communities and make sure work always pays."

Mr Duncan Smith said his plans were designed to reduce welfare dependency and make work pay.

He said: "One thing we can do is pull people in to do one or two weeks' manual work - turn up at 9am and leave at 5pm, to give people a sense of work, but also when we think they're doing other work.

"The message will go across; play ball or it's going to be difficult."

The UK has 5m people on out-of-work benefits and one of the highest rates of workless households in Europe, with 1.9m children living in homes where no-one has a job.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11704765

imagine u got told to do that

like uve been on benfits for like 15 years, got kids and dont intend to work or whatever

and ur told to pick up litter or whatever for 30 hours a week, id be f*ckin pissed

• 2 months later...
Guest Waka Flocka Dave

didnt know where else to put this, when i first saw the title was "four day school week considered" i was like f*ck why didnt they do it in my time

then i read it

North Ayrshire Council may examine four-day school week

A Scottish council has confirmed it may consider introducing a four-day week in its primary and secondary schools to cope with planned funding cuts.

North Ayrshire Council said it was one of a number of future options being considered.

If implemented it could save the council more than £2m. But unions have said the move would cause chaos for working parents.

The council last week approved a 2011-12 budget which included cuts of £8.9m.

The local authority aims to bridge a £38m funding gap by 2014.

The idea is said to be one of a wide range of early options which may be considered by North Ayrshire Council over the coming years.

The Labour-led council may also consider starting primary education a year later, when pupils are six-years-old, although no decisions have been taken on the proposals.

Carol Kirk, the council's education director, said any plans to alter the current system would be "fully investigated and discussed".

"The option for children to start primary school at age six has been widely discussed by education professionals across the UK for several years now and is already in operation in many other European countries," she said.

"The option to deliver the statutory 25 hours of education per week over four rather than five days is also being explored by other local authorities in Scotland."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11570923

Like most things that end up going from one extreme of ridiculousness to another,

the logical common sense solution, lies somewhere in the middle,

Labour did a lot i dint agree with but LOL at voting Conservative unless your extremely well of and at least middle class,

if the Conservative took on some of Labours polocies but didnt go overboard in the whole "hand out culture" they wouldn't of come off as looking so bad,

the cuts all round are needed but boy, heads are gonna f*ck*ng roll over it at the next election due to the way the Conservatives are going about it, they need someone to put abit of good spin on some of the things they're doing, and go on a serious charm offensive, (even though its obviously too late,)

on the bright side, the f*ck*ng idiots who didnt vote last time around who have been affected big time by the polocies brought in will definitly do so next time around (surely) and will hopefully pass down the importance of voting to thir children like most responsible parents hav been doin for decades,

so hopefully in the long run we may look back at this time as being the catalyst for a change in attitude towards polotics among some people in society.

gotta try to look on the bright side,

• Upvote 2