Social housing budget to be cut by more than 50 per cent, BBC learns

Angelo

I thought man said he was gonna pump more money into primary+secondary schools though? Why are there cuts?

lol what Cameron said was irrelevant, I personally think too much emphasis is placed on the face value of politicians but where Cameron's concerned I don't think there's enough.

He's like one of those magic eye pictures if you look at him and squint with one eye you can see the reptilian features leap out at you, slimiest politician I've seen thus far.

They are going overboard, cutting too fast and too deep on ALL fronts.

Big society is bullshit, promoting people to volunteer, when vat has gone up wages have stood still and people with young kids will want to save as much money as they can to send them to uni.

Even Lord Wei, who they had as the head of this volunteering crap has had to cut his days down because he doesn't have enough money, so how does he expect normal working people to contribute to every aspect of their community.

coz the probably mis-caluculated the problems,

there are cuts in some places but there are also alot of investments being made elsewhere.

just to state, i am in no way a Conservative supporter or trying to justify their dealings

Sorry but this excuse doesn't wash with me at all.

I would love to have the opportunity to ask Cameron a few questions.

1. Do you think there's enough transparency in government?

He'd probably say yes given that pretty much all spending is accessible to the public.

2. If there is enough transparency why do you and that shithouse Nick Clegg think it's ok to say 'we didn't realise the severity of the mess Labour left us in' any time your spending policies are questioned?

If the transparency is adequate surely the reason you're doing a host of things you said you wouldn't is because

A. you were chatting sh*t or

B. you and your party are sh*t at arithmetic

• Upvote 2

its dying off tbh,

they're cutting the service by around 75%

probably get into something else fo a little while then assess my options a little later when things are abit clearer,

people i work with have been through this kind of thing before and have said whats likely to happen is they will cut jobs big time, then as the economy and then hopefully goverment improves/changes they will build the service back up to what it was.,

however progression is the key, this time next year i'll be in a better job than i was this time last year, the good thing is i'm still young and the options and flexibility ois there for me, theres people who are gonna be out of a job that have worked in the service for 30 odd years, have kids to look after and mortgages to pay off, those are the people i really feel sorry for,

i'll be fine tbh, alot of the people i work with are chatting bout how they're now demotivated and feeling really worried about the changes, but tbh we've known this was gonna happen for at least a year now, so..............................

at least we got some warning

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

75% is a madness, bare public sector jobs goin n there aint enough posts available in the private sector so things are gonna b f*cked

gd luck with findin sutin else though

Guest M12 Part 2

they should cut jsa and benefits though. need to take away this situation where it makes more sense for some people to claim benefits instead of work.

JSA should be one step above starvation. Then set guys wont be sat at home complaining that theres no jobs that pay £10 an hour for people with no skills or that all the foreigners have taken them

they should cut jsa and benefits though. need to take away this situation where it makes more sense for some people to claim benefits instead of work.

JSA should be one step above starvation. Then set guys wont be sat at home complaining that theres no jobs that pay £10 an hour for people with no skills or that all the foreigners have taken them

I don't like this argument. How can it be more sensible for people to claim benefits instead of work when work experience is intrinsically beneficial?

It's not the SYSTEM that's f*cked, it's the attitude of SOME people who use the system.

• Downvote 1

I don't like this argument. How can it be more sensible for people to claim benefits instead of work when work experience is intrinsically beneficial?

It's not the SYSTEM that's f*cked, it's the attitude of SOME people who use the system.

dont play semantics. when people can get their rent paid, paid cos they got preggers, council tax covered, as well as a host of many other benefits such as

free dental, free optical, concession travel, to name a few AND get some spare change just for their troubles, WTF has work experience got to do with it?

nearly everyone is working cos it pays for the basic lifestyle so work being beneficial is not a factor, when you can do nothing and still reap the benefits of working.

its not an argument, its a fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

dont play semantics. when people can get their rent paid, paid cos they got preggers, council tax covered, as well as a host of many other benefits such as

free dental, free optical, concession travel, to name a few AND get some spare change just for their troubles, WTF has work experience got to do with it?

nearly everyone is working cos it pays for the basic lifestyle so work being beneficial is not a factor, when you can do nothing and still reap the benefits of working.

You've jumped around a whole bunch here, but that's to be expected because you're a moron.

The psychological benefits of working for your keep and feeling like you are improving your skills and opportunities to progress, far outweigh sitting on the dole...UNLESS YOU'RE A f*ck*ng RETARD. Unfortunately, most people (like yourself) who peddle the line "it's more beneficial to sit at home" are just that, lazy, motherf*cking retards.

FWIW, you still get help with your RENT + MEDICAL bills even if you are working, dependent on how much you earn.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You've jumped around a whole bunch here, but that's to be expected because you're a moron.

The psychological benefits of working for your keep and feeling like you are improving your skills and opportunities to progress, far outweigh sitting on the dole...UNLESS YOU'RE A f*ck*ng RETARD. Unfortunately, most people (like yourself) who peddle the line "it's more beneficial to sit at home" are just that, lazy, motherf*cking retards.

FWIW, you still get help with your RENT + MEDICAL bills even if you are working, dependent on how much you earn.

you're also a moron tea boy at a think tank (or so you say) just doing what f*ck*ng think tanks do, chat alot of sh*t

the people who choose to claim benefits long term already know that its better to be working, they already know they can earn more money IN Work

but when financial responsibilities of working and NOT working are as close as they are when you're on benefits (and when im talking about benefits im mostly talking of income support, and JSA, although alot of crooks on ESA too, but nowhere near the main two)

its a sacrifice most people will be willing to make, when all you need to do is go claim you've been looking for a job every two weeks, or every THREE MONTHS if you're on income support, because they can do all that and still be working undeclared.

for those that honestly dont work, they can easily just keep head above water. which ironically, is what many people Working are also doing.....just keeping head above water. so where the f*ck is the incentive to work for someone who's main basic needs are met 90%. reduce that by 50% and see hoe many people will 'suddenly' realise the "intrinsic benefits of working".. u f*ck*ng pleb

• Upvote 1

you're also a moron tea boy at a think tank (or so you say) just doing what f*ck*ng think tanks do, chat alot of sh*t

Venom itt. UMADBRO?

the people who choose to claim benefits long term already know that its better to be working, they already know they can earn more money IN Work

but when financial responsibilities of working and NOT working are as close as they are when you're on benefits (and when im talking about benefits im mostly talking of income support, and JSA, although alot of crooks on ESA too, but nowhere near the main two)

Your first statement backs up what I say, so thnxbro.

Your second statement as a formula = More money + work. To someone like myself that = long term more prudent, even if it's just for reference purposes.

its a sacrifice most people will be willing to make,

Where's your evidence for "most people"? Most lazy bums perhaps, yeah. Not people who actually want to get somewhere in life.

for those that honestly dont work, they can easily just keep head above water. which ironically, is what many people Working are also doing.....just keeping head above water. so where the f*ck is the incentive to work for someone who's main basic needs are met 90%.

Let me reiterate:

More money + WORK (which in itself is psychologically beneficial) and it looks better on your CV.

Venom itt. UMADBRO?

Your second statement as a formula = More money + work. To someone like myself that = long term more prudent, even if it's just for reference purposes.

Where's your evidence for "most people"? Most lazy bums perhaps, yeah. Not people who actually want to get somewhere in life.

for those that honestly dont work, they can easily just keep head above water. which ironically, is what many people Working are also doing.....just keeping head above water. so where the f*ck is the incentive to work for someone who's main basic needs are met 90%.

Let me reiterate:

More money + WORK (which in itself is psychologically beneficial) and it looks better on your CV.

the venom talk again? :/

most people based on the opinions of those who have worked within the system the longest, amongst the largest benefit claiming communities/jobcentres

i never said most people are lazy bums, i said most people claiming benefits LONG term do so bcos its pretty much AS beneficial as working so why go thru the extra hassle for a lil bit more,

look good on your CV? i have run courses for people at jobcentres you will be amazed at how many refuse to even show you their CV. until they got forced to as part of the requirement to claim in the first place.

thats why you're out of your depth here, "it looks good on your CV" :/ did you understand what M12 said before you jumped in with your thesis?

he said the benefit system should be more rigourous, and you claimed its not the system thats f*cked, when it infact is the system thats f*cked.

nobody gives a sh*t about you CV and work analysis, the facts on the ground are that the benefit system is too easy, pays way too much and is too comfortable to live on.

you can afford to have sky+HD, a mobile phone contract, travel on holidays once a year, and still get your rent paid and council tax paid while on benefits

while a hardworking single person earning 5.85/hr working 36 hrs a week at cineworld even though will earn more than the person on full benefits, when you take away his 400/month rent and 80.00 council tax..will be probably just about 30-50/month better off than the person on benefits, but when you add things like transportation/fuel costs (since you get half price travel discount receiving benefits) they can all add up to the person on benefits keeping MORE money than the person working 36hours a week.

lets say this working person, now needs to get a root canal or filling done at the dentist...cos hes working more than 16hrs a week he will have to pay full wack under the NHS which is £195.00, if he was on benefits he would pay nothing! so bit by bit.. the expenditure for the working person makes them earn less over time than someone not working (officially). and what about those who are long term benefit claimants and still work unofficially? compare that person to the working man and he's balling.

a high proportion of people claiming benefits are all aware of this discrepancy, many of them stopped working because of it. so the fact is that it IS the system thats f*cked cos it allows people to be comfortable on it, not just barely able to survive. it doesnt mean everyone on benefits is happy to be on it, but the system has been f*cked for years.

i know of a jobcentre that is reporting a 40% decrease in missed appointments when the new measures of losing your benefits for up to One week after one strike and TWO weeks after two strikes. and all this is within 2 months of being introduced. about it looks good on your CV..

• Upvote 2

Venom itt. UMADBRO?

Let me reiterate:

the venom talk again? :/

most people based on the opinions of those who have worked within the system the longest, amongst the largest benefit claiming communities/jobcentres

i never said most people are lazy bums, i said most people claiming benefits LONG term do so bcos its pretty much AS beneficial as working so why go thru the extra hassle for a lil bit more,

look good on your CV? i have run courses for people at jobcentres you will be amazed at how many refuse to even show you their CV. until they got forced to as part of the requirement to claim in the first place.

thats why you're out of your depth here, "it looks good on your CV" :/ did you understand what M12 said before you jumped in with your thesis?

he said the benefit system should be more rigourous, and you claimed its not the system thats f*cked, when it infact is the system thats f*cked.

nobody gives a sh*t about you CV and work analysis, the facts on the ground are that the benefit system is too easy, pays way too much and is too comfortable to live on.

you can afford to have sky+HD, a mobile phone contract, travel on holidays once a year, and still get your rent paid and council tax paid while on benefits

while a hardworking single person earning 5.85/hr working 36 hrs a week at cineworld even though will earn more than the person on full benefits, when you take away his 400/month rent and 80.00 council tax..will be probably just about 30-50/month better off than the person on benefits, but when you add things like transportation/fuel costs (since you get half price travel discount receiving benefits) they can all add up to the person on benefits keeping MORE money than the person working 36hours a week.

lets say this working person, now needs to get a root canal or filling done at the dentist...cos hes working more than 16hrs a week he will have to pay full wack under the NHS which is £195.00, if he was on benefits he would pay nothing! so bit by bit.. the expenditure for the working person makes them earn less over time than someone not working (officially). and what about those who are long term benefit claimants and still work unofficially? compare that person to the working man and he's balling.

a high proportion of people claiming benefits are all aware of this discrepancy, many of them stopped working because of it. so the fact is that it IS the system thats f*cked cos it allows people to be comfortable on it, not just barely able to survive. it doesnt mean everyone on benefits is happy to be on it, but the system has been f*cked for years.

i know of a jobcentre that is reporting a 40% decrease in missed appointments when the new measures of losing your benefits for up to One week after one strike and TWO weeks after two strikes. and all this is within 2 months of being introduced. about it looks good on your CV..

This is more conjecture, that I could pick apart bit by bit if I wanted to, but quite frankly I can't be bothered. You think what you think, I think what I think, I'm waking up to a nice political job in about 8 hours where I get paid to tell others what to do.

So for the next hour, I'm gonna load up 8 tables, play 100nl and make some more manies.

Payce.

• Downvote 1