Rooney to leave United

Flojo

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/17/wayne-rooney-manchester-unitedRooney wants out? All over twitter
Wayne Rooney has thrown Manchester United's season into a state of turmoil after informing the club he has no plans to sign another contract and intends to find new employers. Rooney's decision is based on serious differences with Sir Alex Ferguson, the Guardian understands, and will be a devastating blow to the supporters who have come to regard him as a talismanic figure in this troubled era under Malcolm Glazer's ownership.United may have no option now but to sell the England striker, possibly in the January transfer window, rather than risk his transfer valuation dramatically lowering now that he is only 20 months away from becoming a free agent.Rooney has always said he has no desire to play abroad and would like to remain in Manchester for the rest of his career, but his mindset has changed and his availability will inevitably attract interest from major forces such as Real Madrid and Barcelona. Manchester City may feel they have an outside chance of capitalising on what has gone wrong for him at Old Trafford, although their chances are undermined by the fact they already have a huge task ahead of them bringing down their wages to prevent Uefa banning them from European competitions under financial fair-play rules.The full details are not yet clear but the underlying fact is that Rooney now feels that his working relationship with Ferguson has suffered potentially irreparable damage in the fall-out from tabloid allegations about the striker's private life, coinciding with a dramatic loss of form and a growing sense that the most successful manager in the business has taken a hard-line approach with his player.Rooney has lost his place in the team, with Ferguson citing a supposed ankle injury, and the 24-year-old felt sufficiently emboldened last week to contradict his manager's version of events and make it clear he has not missed a single training session – and was, in essence, dropped for other reasons.What has not been established is whether these events have coincided with a disagreement about the amount of money he expected to earn in a new contract. United had been willing to make him the highest earner at the club, with a weekly salary of £150,000, and the club's chief executive, David Gill, had stated several times earlier in the year that the matter would be resolved as soon as Rooney was back from the World Cup.That now appears to have backfired on Gill, with the message already conveyed to senior figures at Old Trafford that Rooney is now counting down his days at the club. There remains a suspicion it might be a part of the negotiating process, but the Guardian has been informed that, for now at least, Rooney's mind is made up and that he and his family are already contemplating where next to take his career.If that remains the case, it threatens to be an even more devastating blow to the club than Cristiano Ronaldo's £80m transfer to Real Madrid last year given that it was widely known the Portuguese would eventually move to the Bernabéu. Rooney has always given the opposite impression, immersing himself in the fabric of the club, and now appears to be on the brink of being one of the few players to leave against their wishes. Ferguson has moved on some great footballers, including Ruud van Nistelrooy and David Beckham, but always prides himself on players not being sold unless he says so; in this case it seems clear that the decision was made by Rooney first.With United desperately trying to keep the matter in-house, Ferguson's views on the subject are not clear, other than he is known to be alarmed and angry about the headlines that Rooney has attracted because of his alleged relationship with a prostitute, Jennifer Thompson and mostly his faltering performances on the pitch. Some United fans will be angry that Rooney seems to have portrayed himself as the victim when it could be argued that he has brought these troubles on himself, but a rift has clearly developed between player and manager.Rooney has been in the worst form of his professional life for the last seven months, without a goal in open play since the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich in March. Most worryingly, he is showing few signs of emerging from his current slump. Nonetheless, he remains a hero to the United support and was regarded as the player who would help to ensure continuity and success once Ferguson, plus the likes of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, had retired.

OliverKayTimes Oliver KayRooney told #MUFC he wants out due to r/ship with Fergie. Even if it's a negotiating tactic, #MUFC no longer big enough for the two of themOliverKayTimes Oliver KayRooney/Ferguson tensions far worse than previously indicated. He's told #MUFC he won't sign new contract. More in tmrw's Times

:D sell him now and get 10-15m for himbring in a creative midfielder and we goodLOL @ everyone who used to say rooney was here for life even if we got relegated

LOL @ everyone who used to say rooney was here for life even if we got relegated
Yes, i pretty much dissagree with everything else you say, but this is quite amusing.If i remember the thread correctly, The likes of Patrice Evra were mentioned in that thread aswell. I mean i respect the guy and think he's a top player, but some people need to entertain some realism.Even though i believe theres more to the story, and still believe he'll be signing a new contract.Honestly why would a player out of form at the minute, and at a club, that no matter what anyone really thinks has no true real emotional attachment to the club choose to stay at a club looking to be on the decline. Just something to think about.But i wull reitterate i expect him to sign a new contract before January, and will be happy when he does so.
  • Upvote 1

never claimed he was Loyal to be frank, thats a attribute possessed by very few players nowadays.i just dont think he'll be moving on, Quite a few reasons,The whole family situation, The Glazers as reptilian as they are wouldn't be dumb enough to let their biggest shirt seller out the door.And the sale of Rooney would be the best possibility of heralding a boycott of tickets if he isn't replaced amazingly. Which he wont be.United are just playing hardball with the contract negotiations just like they did with Roy Keane. They'll pay him the money he wants in his contract then promptly send out letters to all season ticket holders stating that tickets prices are going up because Mr Rooney wants more money, just like they did when Roy Keane wanted an amazing 55 grand a week. From the richest club in the world. Aslong as he gets his money he'll stick about.Believe me i am in no doubt about where his or most of our players loyalties lie. (their bank accounts)

• Upvote 1

Loyalty, remember this is a man who cheated on his pregnant, "school sweetheart" with how many prossies?But he is a fantastic player who is integral to the stability of the club, which is why he needs to sign a new contract and regain form as soon as.Both on and off the field!

all will be revealed.You could be right, but one thing about the Glazers is they are not stupid. And due to the ammount of money Rooney is responsible for bringing into them, i dont think he'll be leaving. Unless he wants ridiculous money, Saying that though If by the end of the season Kaka and Benz are out of favour i could be partial to a swap deal. coz we all know Rooney will be priced ridiculously further distorting the notion of value in a already ridiculous market, thus giving our tottally honest manager a ready made excuse for not replacing him.

Real Madrid will use Karim Benzema as bait to land Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.The Sun says the Spanish giants were last night preparing a £50million deal to bag Manchester United's wantaway striker.Real boss Jose Mourinho is desperate to get his man and knows United chief Alex Ferguson is a fan of Frenchman Benzema.Mourinho will include the 22-year-old as part of a cash-plus-player swoop.Madrid managing director Jorge Valdano confirmed: "Our problem is who to get rid of if Wayne Rooney comes here."We have a brilliant strikeforce in Ronaldo and Higuain and now we have added Ozil and Di Maria to complement them."When Madrid signed Benzema last year, Fergie admitted he was interested in the player but felt the £25m price tag was inflated.Real president Florentino Perez is a confirmed admirer of Rooney, who turns 25 on Sunday.A source said: "Signing Wayne has become an obsession for Florentino."

Fergie has to put his arrogance aside and hold on to rooney for at least another season
he aint in the position to tho....rooney holds all the power due to only having a year and a half left on his contract.Its either he gets sold in january or the summer or they give him/he signs a new contract ASAP

Fergie has to put his arrogance aside and hold on to rooney for at least another season
he aint in the position to tho....rooney holds all the power due to only having a year and a half left on his contract.Its either he gets sold in january or the summer or they give him/he signs a new contract ASAP
The problem is not a contract. I'm positive rooney will be happy to stay if the personal problems he has with ferguson is trashed out. On that subject I actually have a feeling the whole dispute is exaggerated, I mean we all know how the media can get carried away.Unless hes fed up with the premier league and wants to go Spain/Italy. If not I dont see him signing for citeh or chelsea.