Man leaves home for a week so it can be decorated and 15 squatters move in

Vertigo

Naaaaaaaaaaa, they are actually laughing from the window. They are laughing. At Him. From inside his house. Naaaaaaaa, lol.

lol

trust me, If I came home and found myself in that situation they WOULD be removed. Doesn't matter which way I do it-whether I torch the house or hire heavies to remove them they would be gone.

This is actually getting me mad. It's the smugness of their faces and actions and the fact they are telling him he cannot enter his own property.

I just don't understand how someone can be allowed to stay in a property they have no permission to just because they haven't forced entry.

The squatters claim the front door was open when they arrived at the house two weeks ago.

One, Valentina, 26, said: ‘None of us have any money or jobs. I don’t feel guilty about being here because no one else had been here for at least two years, the neighbours told us.

‘There’s no sink, no running water, no electricity, no carpets and the place was filthy. All of the owner’s stuff was packed away and stored.

‘I’ve never squatted before but when three of us found it we called our friends who are having difficulties of their own and told them about it.

Interim Possession Order

A quicker procedure now exists which allows landlords to apply for an interim possession order, pending a judge's decision to grant a full possession order.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex332_0405.pdf

An important consideration is that a claim for possession is made within 28 days of becoming aware of the existence of squatters occupying your property. If you do not do this the judge will take into consideration whether you, as owner or landlord, should have known about the occupation sooner that you did.

To assist your case you will be invited to make an undertaking to the court that:

1. You will allow the occupier/s back onto the premises (with compensation) if the court later decides you were not entitled to an interim possession order.

2. You will not re-let the premises, damage or dispose of them until the court makes its final decision by granting a full possession order.

The rules are strict when it comes to serving papers and notices on the squatters - it is easy to fall fowl of the rules here.

Within a few days the court should issue the claim, following which you must serve the court papers on the squatters within 24 hours, either in person or attached to and displayed on the main door of the premises.

If the court grants an interim possession order a copy of the order must be served on the squatters within 48 hours and the squatters will be required to leave within 24 hours and not return within 12 months.

If the squatter/s refuse to leave they are committing a criminal offence and risk being arrested by the police or being evicted by a court bailiff. They may also be subject to a fine or imprisonment or both.

The squatters are entitled to put forward a defense at one further hearing, failing which a final Possession Order will be made. If the squatters are still in possession at this stage, the court bailiff, if necessary assisted by the police, can evict.

The whole process should be capable of being resolved within one to two weeks, providing you can prove your own title and the tresspassers cannot show any sort of legal interest in the land.

Apparently the quickest way to get rid of them. Still, 2 weeks is a f*ck*ng pisstake. Would rather take my chances as a pizza delivery man or something and the second they open the door, BANG, foot in and peacable re-entry.

Im getting proper vex about this myself

/

I find the concept of squatters rights absolutely baffling. This is theft, how can they be allowed to get away with this? If they had gone in and removed the sofas they are using the police would be able to arrest them. As it is they have effectively stolen them without moving them, but the police 'can't' do anything because this is a civil matter. If the owner had been at home when they broke in, then he would have been able to call the police and get some help - why should it be any different because he wasn't at home?! They damaged his property when they changed the locks (funny how they had money to do that, and for all their possessions, but not rent) but haven't been arrested for that either? I just don't understand how they can be allowed to make free with another person's possessions and thrown out. He paid for the house, how can their 'rights' possibly supercede his?!???

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322246/Man-leaves-home-week-decorated-15-squatters-in.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz12zfmocV8

The squatters claim the front door was open when they arrived at the house two weeks ago.

One, Valentina, 26, said: ‘None of us have any money or jobs. I don’t feel guilty about being here because no one else had been here for at least two years, the neighbours told us.

‘There’s no sink, no running water, no electricity, no carpets and the place was filthy. All of the owner’s stuff was packed away and stored.

‘I’ve never squatted before but when three of us found it we called our friends who are having difficulties of their own and told them about it.

Because he was getting it renovated, no?