TV Licence

thinkingthuglife

They came round my Uni house when I was in 2nd year. My housemate like an idiot answered the door and admitted we had a TV so we had to pay it. As long as you can't see the TV through your window then your cool. The detection equipment is a myth and they can only enter your house if you let them.

write to them an tell them u have a black and white tv

you dont watch very much tv anyway because u are a student etc, or work blablabla

/

slightly off topic but some 'british gas' fake came to my house the other day

second bogus caller, and if i never had the dog in my hand threatening these theiving cunts with his gaping jaw i could have been

robbed

when people know letters are goin around, they get out their fake costumes an try an trick people

u never used to need a license for a black an white tv.

this guy came to my door dressed in a shabby british gas uniform saying he was here to check the boiler, but we had a guy here a couple months ago cos the hot water went out

so i was like did u send a letter

an he was like nah and hesitating, so i was like well my mums not in an hes like 'well we can just leave it because if shes the land lady....'

i was like yh

hes like 'we'll just send a letter out automatically' i was like right ok so couple days later we got a letter sayin they need to replace the meter

he had no documentation an no ID and his uniform looked mash up

yh thats my thinking

we had another guy before some crackhead lookin guy

hes like 'we've come to check the windows an doors'

so i said where are u coming from, and he pointed down the street so i was like no where are from, what company

an hes pointing to this sh*t piece of paper which i could see through and it was some email print out an hes like 'it says here, windows an doors'

i was like well no thanks

but he was already backin away cos of the dog

lmfao

had one irish guy come round asking if we wanted our drive done. guy was like we're working in the area.

"what other houses have you done?"

"oh just round the corner."

"alright give me the addresses and your number and ill check them out. if they're good you can do ours"

"nah do you want yours done we're working in the area"

*plainface*

"no it's ok mate cheers"

*closes door*

lmfao

had one irish guy come round asking if we wanted our drive done. guy was like we're working in the area.

"what other houses have you done?"

"oh just round the corner."

"alright give me the addresses and your number and ill check them out. if they're good you can do ours"

"nah do you want yours done we're working in the area"

*plainface*

"no it's ok mate cheers"

*closes door*

I cant f*ck*ng stand them pikeys.

What is this foolishness I'm reading? Black and White tvs do need a license, it's just considerably less than a colour tv license.

This information is actually on the tv license so obviously nuff people here telling people what's what don't actually have one.

Major retainers will ask for your details when you try to by a tv in shop. Even if your paying in cash they will ask your address to confirm if you have a license. Not sure if this is true online though

Do the letters your receiving have your name on it or are they just addressed to the occupier?

And how long have you been recieving these letters? What's the date on the 1st one?

If you are staying where you are legitimately they will want proof of when you moved in. Your tenancy agreement will have your start date but...

Here's the part everyone in the forum wants to pay attention to if you wanna be legitimate in paying for your tv license though it is actually long.

Buy a new tv, photocopy the reciept and send it off to them as the date you actually purchased your "1st" tv for your residence then invite them round.

Remove all other tvs from your yard then make them see the tv you purchased with your reciept. They now do not need to see your tenancy agreement and will accept payment from the date you purchase the new tv.

When they've left return everything to normal in your yard and if you can't actually afford to keep the tv that you purchased just for this event then return it to the store you got it from for a full refund.

Don't forget your reciept.

nah blood just sez to the occupier n my address.

You've no need to panic tbh. If they somehow get hold of your name then the that's that but the occupier title is a joke.

Just follow the instruction I posted but remember if they find out your move in date they will want back dated pay

Only if they can prove you have a TV.

You've no need to panic tbh. If they somehow get hold of your name then the that's that but the occupier title is a joke.

Just follow the instruction I posted but remember if they find out your move in date they will want back dated pay

Only if they can prove you have a TV.

Ever wondered how they figure out how many people watched a certain show at a certain time on a certain day?... I promise it's not a phone in result

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

BARB have boxes in over 5000 homes that records what they watch, from that they estimate how many viewers watched a show, so each household represnts about 5000 people, the US employs a similar system but they also use diaries