Ashley Young: "If it's good enough for Wayne..."

MetaFives

England international Ashley Young has told Aston Villa he will not sign a new contract this season.

Young has 18 months left on his current deal and new Villa chief Gerard Houllier had stated that fresh terms were close to being concluded.

However, the 25-year-old has now revealed that he will not be agreeing anything until the summer at the earliest, and his refusal to discuss terms before then will cast doubts over his future.

"I've told the people at Villa that I won't be signing a new contract at the moment," he told The Sun.

Distracted

"I know they want to get it done now but my current deal still has a year to run after this season and I feel there is plenty of time to talk next summer.

"I want to stress that I have no problem with Aston Villa. I love the fans and I'm very much enjoying my football.

"I want to concentrate on what's happening on the field and don't want to get distracted.

"It's a big season for me and I'm hopeful there are good times ahead under the new manager."

Blatantly trying to impress enough on the pitch this season for a big transfer and with there only being 12 months left on his contract next summer, Villa will be more liable to accept a decent offer.

Guest Portuguese

I wouldn't want him@Madrid but he still gets linked(british media)

He would be perfect for any premiership team bar Arsenal Chelsea Manchester Utd and City to an extent(with their wealth should be aiming much higher than they do already)