Guardian - Greatest Ever XI

HangTheDJ

@Gayle

What was Blanc like@Inter and Marseille? I know he was awful in Uefa Cup final in 1999 against Parma.

International level he was too much.

LOL yeah he gave back to Crespo to score lol

Internationally cant really compare to Paul - which is a shame really

Inter Blanc was good, dont really remember him at Marsellie part from that final

duck off.. u did this poll in the rest fo europe they wouldnt even remmeber the guy

thuram blanc desailly lizarazu

is that not a legendary back 4

dnt hype about mcgrath... was he a good player ? no doubt...but i dnt care about united cast offs playin at a shity club like villa...

blanc turned out for barca inter marseille won a world cup and european cup.. not a sub like silvestre thinkingcuntlife

once again PLEASE dnt embarrass yourselves

He had a terrible time for Barca

I just think Mcgarth was not as bad as you make out, IMO I think Paul was better. However both were very good

lol & no mention of matthias sammer - one man army at the back and the way he used to join up with the attack from sweeper role.

1 more thing - your favourite players favourite player M Laudrup has fewer votes then gerrard LOL.

Man used to play through balls cutting past the whole midfield and defence

• Upvote 1

these Poll's are always abit ropey, due to whose choosing the players.

But surely no one can have any complaints about Maldini being chosen at LB ahead of R.Carlos.

And ask any Irish, Villa or United fan and they ll tell you about Mcgrath. And him being a united "cast off" had nothing to do with his ability.

But yes there are some glaring ommisions from the list.

And if a players quality is based on their medal cabinet. Then all hail David May for true. f*ck*ng superstar.

Guest Portuguese

lol & no mention of matthias sammer - one man army at the back and the way he used to join up with the attack from sweeper role.

1 more thing - your favourite players favourite player M Laudrup has fewer votes then gerrard LOL.

This guy knows about his football>>>

Sammer was too sick what was his natural position? Sweeper? Libero? DM? He won ballon d'or as well(fully deserved)

Matthias Sammer was that guy.

As for Michael Laudrup only Xavi/Ronaldinho currently playing can match Laudrup in terms of vision and he started that look one way then pass move.

Charlton the only englishman to be better than Laudrup.

Strong post that.

Matthias Sammer eh... forgot about that guy.

+

Strong post that.

But TBH, Cruyff is the best playmaker EVER.

This guy actually RAN games. Not just in terms of vision/through-balls, but actually RUN a game.

tbh il catch heat but cashley is one of the best left backs ever ..

ye i hear about maldini and roberto carlos...

to deny this is to be a hater imo

plus i see people rating players from a different generation.. from a different time in footyball

theres no problem rating those players highly but to cast off modern players jus because they are modern players seems silly

gerrard can easily be seen as a peer of laudrup... again

to deny this is silly

Think we all agree he is englands best ever LB, better than Sansom, the most consistent player in the england team, best in the world now yes above Lahm.

Def up there with best ever, not THE best though

Its as a person people hate him which clouds their judgement, im sure many ppl didnt even realise that at the last england match he broke sansom's app record.

TBH i didnt really get too mad when he left, from what I remember Arsenal said we would pay him a certain amount then when it come to it, they changed their mind. We can say well its only 5k, which in terms of footballers salaries its nothing. However its the principle on a company going back on their word, unprofessional springs to mind. So like most of you would do, he went elsewhere.

If my company done the same to me, I wouldnt stand for it.

And lets be real what Terry, Gerrard etc have done in past is a lot worst than what Cole has done.

Also him doing the dirt on the english rose didnt bode well for him "f*ck*ng black monkey doing that to out sweet cheryl" little do they know she is a wog socket.

So when he says things like he prefers to win stuff with chelsea I can understand where he comes from due to boos he gets when he plays for england.

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

tbh il catch heat but cashley is one of the best left backs ever ..

ye i hear about maldini and roberto carlos...

to deny this is to be a hater imo

plus i see people rating players from a different generation.. from a different time in footyball

theres no problem rating those players highly but to cast off modern players jus because they are modern players seems silly

gerrard can easily be seen as a peer of laudrup... again

to deny this is silly

Cole better than Lizarazu? But I cannot deny he is currently the best left back in the world and also England's greatest ever.

As for Gerrard there is no way he can be seen as a per of Laudrup