Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
streets.

Teacher who looks useless, banned for life for being useless

43 posts in this topic

The first teacher banned for life for being useless

A teacher who is judged to be incapable of ever improving his work has become the first to be banned for life from the classroom due to incompetence.

article-1322989-0BB9EF4F000005DC-277_233x689.jpg

Nisar Ahmed will never reach 'requisite standards' of teaching and cannot work in state schools again, a panel ruled.

The General Teaching Council for England found the 46-year-old guilty of serious professional incompetence and said there was a risk that pupils would be seriously disadvantaged if he was ever allowed to return to lessons.

Mr Ahmed was head of business studies at the John O'Gaunt Community Technology College in Hungerford, Berkshire, from September 2007 to January 2009. He had taught for a total of 13 years at schools across the South-East. His management of lessons was 'invariably' below standard, the GTC disciplinary panel was told.

The school, which has more than 450 pupils, aged 11 to 18, gave Mr Ahmed 'extensive formal and informal' support for more than a year but he failed to improve. Just 13 teachers have been banned from the profession for fixed periods for incompetence since 2000.

She added: 'You regularly failed to undertake proper lesson plans. This resulted in a lack of pace and challenge in your lessons and a lack of clear learning objectives.'

These 'fundamental' failings had a significantly adverse effect on his students, she said, adding: 'We could not be satisfied that you have an appropriate level of insight into your shortcomings

'Thus, we felt you posed a significant risk of repeating your actions.'

Last night Mr Ahmed, who lives in Reading with his wife and their two children, said he would be appealing the GTC decision.

He added: 'They have made a scapegoat out of me. I'm deeply unhappy about it and don't deserve to be the first to be struck off for life.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322989/The-teacher-banned-life-useless.html

deep

he looks retarded aswell

somestimes the boom teachers would get bumped

shaaaaame

hes probably gna go into depression over this

who will hire him now?

Looks like the type of teacher to get over run and lose control from day one/

Lol read this in morning. The amount of ethnic fails in the Daily Mail is alot.

The Mail don't like foreigners.

f*ck being a teacher in the first place.

someone on my course is chosing to become a teacher next year.

well i guess its gotta be solely out of job satisfaction for the individual, cos the pay aint great and there aint really any prospects.

i can sort of get my head around people who do mickey mouse degrees going off into teaching, but when you get a solid qualification why waste it and go off into teaching? the fact that you require a degree to go into teaching is a bit silly imo.

Passionate about helping/educating children, a good teacher can do a lot for a person as i'm sure most know.

they clear your student loan if you become a teacher don't they?

yh i think after you spend a certian amount of years there

imo if u have something else in the pipeline its a good earner in the meantime

only issue is it takes up so much of your time you may get sucked in and trapped

looks like 60% of the teachers I had at my school.

Actually if he speaks good English then he's even more qualified than the teachers I had!

Good teachers are a dime a dozen and essential.

Not my career choice 2bh but won't slate anyone that goes into it.

last season there was 3 guys on my team from milton keynes, ur average white guys who get pissed on weekends and shag birds, but there were times where theyd act overly homo in the dressing room, commenting on eachothers penises and what not. Well they used to call 1 of them pedo and how he goes with 15 year old girls, he used to just laugh it off, thought the whole thing was mad until i found out he was a secondary school PE teacher, thought to myself is this the time of people we gona have teaching our daughters.

head of business studies?

musta f*cked a few kids career prospects

had pedos in schools from early

schools just pass these people around for fear of embarrassment

other teachers themselves will just laugh it off

we had documented incidents (in an exercise book) and the form teacher we trusted with this information just laughed 'theres nothing i can do girls, im sure its not that bad'

yea we had one dude fired for being a pedo

maths teacher

groped a chick or some sh*t

Being a comprehensive school teacher must be one of the worst jobs ever. Maybe college too.

Uni lecturer wouldn't be too bad.

I was under the impression that uni lecturers were part-time most of the time though.