Teacher who looks useless, banned for life for being useless

streets.

someone on my course is chosing to become a teacher next year.

well i guess its gotta be solely out of job satisfaction for the individual, cos the pay aint great and there aint really any prospects.

not really, it depends on wot u teach but the pay is quite good, there are pay scales and for things like maths and science they'll start u on the third tier or sometimes higher, so u can be newly qualified and be on 30 grand a year, there aren't many jobs that boast that as a start up wage, plus they give u 5 grand "golden handshake" and u get all that time off,that doesn't include things like private tutoring for a bit of cash on the side and any extra responsibilities you take earn u extra as well, you even get paid extra for marking exams (can't remember how much, like 50p per paper). As for job prospects u can go in all sorts of directions, there are head teachers that earn more than the Prime Minister.

no they don't clear ur student loan tho.

Being a comprehensive school teacher must be one of the worst jobs ever. Maybe college too.

Uni lecturer wouldn't be too bad.

university lecturers get paid like 40 grand a yaer though at good uni's, and it goes up if you get more senior - professors get it in

i couldn't think of anything worse than teaching at a school. that job is filled by uninspired and uninspiring people who didn't have the talent/intelligence or the balls to do what they wanted to do. mad how the 2 or 3 good teachers i had stood out so much just for being good at their job

Teaching is one stressful job.. I have a level of respect for those in that profession still.

The level of bullshit they need to put up wit, with them dis functional students doesn't compare to the pressure they get from head teachers & co.

Constant stress cycle. continue the work @ home.. LONG.

someone on my course is chosing to become a teacher next year.

well i guess its gotta be solely out of job satisfaction for the individual, cos the pay aint great and there aint really any prospects.

not really, it depends on wot u teach but the pay is quite good, there are pay scales and for things like maths and science they'll start u on the third tier or sometimes higher, so u can be newly qualified and be on 30 grand a year, there aren't many jobs that boast that as a start up wage, plus they give u 5 grand "golden handshake" and u get all that time off,that doesn't include things like private tutoring for a bit of cash on the side and any extra responsibilities you take earn u extra as well, you even get paid extra for marking exams (can't remember how much, like 50p per paper). As for job prospects u can go in all sorts of directions, there are head teachers that earn more than the Prime Minister.

no they don't clear ur student loan tho.

ye but starting pay isnt really a way to differentiate career paths because salaries + benefits grow in all kinds of different ways with different careers and at different rates. thats what i consider when im thinking about the pay, the full picture. true, the money for the time is probably the best for a teacher. personally I dont see the career span to be wide enough tho in education, but you could possibly move into different industries after.

I suppose it could be something thats good for the "medium" term. personally I wouldnt do because I'm a bit biased towards how much I value it, because the actual job doesnt have that much appeal for me. but i do get why it would be more worth it for someone who likes working with kids. Its a state service so i respect those who do go into it just as anyone who joins the police, healthcare etc.

science teacher got sacked for bangin a student tho we never found out who it is

music teacher mr dunn got done a year after i left cah he took a pupil on holiday an banged

I remember in assembly in year 7 they told us our year was predicted to have the worst gcse's in the schools history... f*ck teachers, or at least the ones at my school anyway

st michaels<<<<<

p.e teacher got done for perving on girls in the changing room. dunno if this was a rumour or factual

female teacher aswell

old bag. proper racist prick, gave my boy a detention for kicking a skittle that was on the floor instead of picking it up.

we had a teacher Mr Bright

if there was something on the floor and you didnt pick it up you cant be tellin him 'its not mine, it wasnt me'

he didnt give a f*ck

an if u ever said sorry he goes 'DONT BE SORRY B-RIGHT'

lol i hate that sh*t, we had one teacher that used to drop the old "there's no 'I' in team" horrible stuff.