Homophobia stays winning

Guest Lens

Uganda:

Ugandan paper calls for gay people to be hanged

Gay people named in article face violence and abuse after newspaper claims they are recruiting children

Human rights activists have warned that the lives of gay people in Uganda are in danger, after a newspaper published a story featuring the names and in some cases photographs of 100 homosexuals under the headline "Hang Them".

At least one woman named in the story has been forced to leave her home after neighbours pelted it with stones, while several other people have been verbally abused, according to the campaign group Sexual Minorities Uganda.

ugandannewspaperheadlin.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/21/ugandan-paper-gay-people-hanged

USA:

Gay soldiers come out to rejoin US army

Gay campaigner Dan Choi among first to try to re-enlist after Pentagon move to end 'don't ask, don't tell' policy

But the US justice department today lodged an appeal to delay implementation of the policy, saying the military needed time to prepare for it.

Although Barack Obama said he too wants an end to the policy, the department of justice asked for a delay until it could appeal against Phillips's ruling, arguing that it has to uphold existing legislation until Congress repeals it. It is also said that ending the gay ban immediately would create problems for the military.

The Service members Legal Defense Network, a group representing military personnel affected by the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, today cautioned gay people against applying until the legal confusion is cleared up, saying it might take days or weeks.

• Upvote 2

Guest Esquilax

I remember when a bunch of people were getting hanged for an unjust prejudice against something they couldn't control

Don't think many of you would be lolling quite so hard at that would you?

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

should stop sendin aid to that shithole country

ugandans should be enslaved as far as im concerned

kickin out the asians and robbin them of their wealth then askin for them back

now this disgraceful bigotry

discustin

LMAO

ur grandparents or sutin got kicked out init?

can feel the hate

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Esquilax

I remember when a bunch of people were getting hanged for an unjust prejudice against something they couldn't control

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Guest Awesome Kong

This is me on a date with Mr Jordan

1oj.jpg

LOL you are one of them, I knew it!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9