Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Lens

Theory test questions to stop being revealed

12 posts in this topic

Learner drivers will no longer be able to ‘mug up’ on questions in the theory part of the test.

The multiple-choice questions which appear in the written part of the exam will not be published in future, so candidates will not be able to memorise the answers.

‘The driving theory test should help to prepare drivers for real life on the road,’ said road safety minister Mike Penning.

‘Good driving is not just about vehicle-handling skills but also about having the knowledge and understanding of safe driving theory.

‘No longer publishing these questions and answers will mean that successful candidates will have to understand the theory rather than simply memorising answers.’

The minister said the move would lead to better drivers and safer roads. It follows the introduction of independent driving into the exam and the decision to stop publishing test routes to make sure the candidates can handle motoring along unfamiliar roads.

.The Driving Standards Agency will change the format of books and learning materials to help people prepare for the new theory tests, which start in January 2012.

Practice questions and answers, not used in theory tests, will still be available for revision.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/845844-learner-drivers-to-sit-theory-tests-blind#ixzz148zzw6Pq

pissed

the revision DVDs back in the day (5 years ago)>>>>>

lol unlucky for some

/

i dont c this helping much

Ahhhh pissed. I passed back when it was 35 questions. 20 of them I had seen before with the DVD, lol. That was a good test, lol.

they really dont want people to pass

don't recall doing much revision, i did it when it was 35 questions

pretty much common sense, just learn a couple road signs and you'll be ok

i did the 50 questions test

got the book containing the whole bank of test questions

got 49/50

annoying thing about the theory test is half of it is straight common sense but the other half is mad stuff you couldnt guess and have to memorise

such a boring thing to study

pissed

the revision DVDs back in the day (5 years ago)>>>>>

I've said eventually they'll make the driving test into some 20% pass rate. The system now is so flawed though its unreal, needs a complete overhaul.

I didnt do any revision at all, pure guess work and common sense, passed 2nd time.

Peak there really trying to clamp down on young drivers