10-year-old gives birth in Spain

Hernandez Balcazar

Authorities in Spain were today trying to decide what to do with a 10-year-old girl and the baby she gave birth to last week, admitting they had never before encountered such a young mother.

The girl gave birth in a hospital in the southern city of Jerez on 26 October, though the case only came to light today. Doctors remarked that both the girl and her mother, who accompanied her to the hospital, seemed calm about the birth.

The young mother was allowed home at the weekend with the healthy 2.9kg (6.4lb) baby, whose father was reported to be an under-age boy.

"The important thing is that both the baby and the mother should be cared for properly," said Micaela Navarro, head of the health service in the region of Andalucía.

"If that is the case, then they can stay with their family without any problem. That is what we are checking on at the moment. She might be the mother, but she is herself a minor," she added.

Navarro did not explain why the checks had not been carried out earlier.

The Diario de Sevilla newspaper reported that, despite the age of the mother, a caesarean had not been necessary.

But doctors warned that pregnancies carried health risks for very young girls. "At a young age your bones are not even fully formed," said Dr Adolfo López Gómez of Seville's Sagrado Corazón hospital.

"The high level of hormonal activity caused by a pregnancy can provoke problems."

Andalucía had 177 children born to girls who were 14 or under in 2008 – though no one can recall a case involving a 10-year-old.

Doctors remarked that the baby was welcomed into the new family, who said that childbirth at a young age was not abnormal in their native Romania, according to the local Diario de Jerez newspaper.

Spain allows marriage, where a judge deems there are exceptional circumstances, at 14 years old.

they arent spanish they are romany gypsies, getting married under age of 16 aint unusual for them, still 10 years old is extreme.

fyp

tho this girl seems to have been either

a) a romanian

or

b ) a romanian roma

Probably happens over here on a regs already..

Uk media just pointing fingers like its all rosy over here.

semi off topic.

I was directing a video shoot in some park a few days ago and this 8 year old kid was smoking weed he was high as f*ck...Like SKY HIGH...

Asked him what he was smoking ' he said 'cheese cuz' didnt know if I was to laugh or plain face em.

The most shocking part was he knew every type of weed that was out there.

The stuff he knew for an eight year old was pretty frightening.

Later, when I saw his mums in the park. kinda made sense.. It wasn't even only him.they were 5 of them probably the same age.

It was an eye opener for me... worrying times ahead.

I felt to run a documentary on these youngers.. It was quite obvious to see where the problem began. then again, to those who it should concern wouldn't give a f*ck and probably pass the blame around..

semi off topic.

I was directing a video shoot in some park a few days ago and this 8 year old kid was smoking weed he was high as f*ck...Like SKY HIGH...

Asked him what he was smoking ' he said 'cheese cuz' didnt know if I was to laugh or plain face em.

Later, when I saw his mums in the park. kinda made sense.. It wasn't even only him.they were 5 of them probably the same age.

I felt to run a documentary on these youngers.. It was quite obvious to see where the problem began. then again, to those who it should concern wouldn't give a f*ck and probably pass the blame around..

thats deep

was his mum smokin aswell?

you shoulda done the docu, theres probably a lot more them kids are doing

semi off topic.

thats deep

was his mum smokin aswell?

you shoulda done the docu, theres probably a lot more them kids are doing

She wasnt smoking

but she was the typical estate trash.

When she called him: Her exact words.

Charleeeeey get in ere naaah you lil can' (c*nt)..

I remember him saying to one of the guys i was with that he got it from his mum (the cheese)

And shes on it all day or drunk.

I know if I filmed it.. It would have opened a can of worms to be honest.

I got some footage of them cuz they tried to feature in the vid.

I will be on the look out for them again cuz I might be shooting something there soon.