Children without MMR should be banned from school, says former BMA chairman

Guest Lens

@ Thun.

I wouldn't question someone on molecular biology if they were an expert in that field. I wouldn't question an economist if they were an expert in their field. The same way I won't question the GMC and countless other distinguished researchers who have nullified this 'study'. Not to mention anyone with a grasp of statistics knows to infer something about the general population from a study of 12 without even a cause-and-effect model is just ludcrious.

I have no problem with intelligent independent research and with taking things with a pinch of salt. That's not what you're about though. You are constantly looking for conspiracies to unravel and corruption to demonstrate that the government/powers that be are all knowingly evil and oppressing. If you want to see something bad enough you will, and that's what's happening with you.

And for that reason I'm out.

If I go against what is mainstream then loonys like you want to label it a conspiracy theory

Nothing wrong in questioning people whether there experts or not

You seem to want people bow to authority and not ask questions even if in doubt

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@ Thun.

I wouldn't question someone on molecular biology if they were an expert in that field. I wouldn't question an economist if they were an expert in their field. The same way I won't question the GMC and countless other distinguished researchers who have nullified this 'study'. Not to mention anyone with a grasp of statistics knows to infer something about the general population from a study of 12 without even a cause-and-effect model is just ludcrious.

I have no problem with intelligent independent research and with taking things with a pinch of salt. That's not what you're about though. You are constantly looking for conspiracies to unravel and corruption to demonstrate that the government/powers that be are all knowingly evil and oppressing. If you want to see something bad enough you will, and that's what's happening with you.

If I go against what is mainstream then loonys like you want to label it a conspiracy theory

Yes but you are not informed enough to "go against the mainstream"

Like I said, you don't have degrees in science. You haven't studied the topic in any depth and you don't have any understanding of what you're questioning, but you still feel you have the authority to say doctors/scientists are wrong? It's unbelievable arrogance.

@ Thun.

Like I said, you don't have degrees in science. You haven't studied the topic in any depth and you don't have any understanding of what you're questioning, but you still feel you have the authority to say doctors/scientists are wrong? It's unbelievable arrogance.

It would be very stupid to say everything that doctors say is 100% correct and we should never question them or inform them if we learn of new developments

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@ Thun.

It would be very stupid to say everything that doctors say is 100% correct and we should never question them or inform them if we learn of new developments

But who are you to do that? You have no credibility. It's baffling that you could presume you do. Who's "we"? You're not out there doing scientific research. You're regurgitating things you don't understand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@ Thun.

But who are you to do that? You have no credibility. It's baffling that you could presume you do. Who's "we"? You're not out there doing scientific research. You're regurgitating things you don't understand.

Who are you to say doctors dont learn new things?

They could learn it from reading about it themselves or they could be informed by the public or colleagues

Think your confused thinking I go doctors and question everything the doctor tells me. In certain situations when a doctor gives advice and your in doubt is when you should ask questions. If you got research from a medical expert that the doctor does not know about then why not show them it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Awesome Kong

LOL @ the "you can't tell doctors anything" attitude. If you are desperate you will research and find out stuff that they may not know.

/

Anyone seen Lorenzo's oil? SNM

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Usually research is published in medical journals

places where other doctors/researchers can scrutinise their finding, carry out their own findings or even incorporate it into some sort of meta analysis

these online journals claiming x, y and z aren't usually put through these processes

you're right to question things no once can say you're wrong, but these guys who claim this sh*t are usually psuedoscientists who shy away from having their work checked

over by peers

Just seems like a pointless argument *stops typing*

You know the study was done on 12 people and Wakefield was struck off right?

You know the vaccine has been around since the 70's and therefore it's likely you're one of the 90% of the population that's had it right?

You realise that on pubmed there's countless further vetted (peer reviewed) publications all of which discredit the original and none of which find any link between autism and the MMR vaccine right?

/

About well informed. C/S ZeeZee. My brother is a doctor and if only you saw the disdain consultants have for wikipedia medical experts. There are conspiracy theories and then there is outright bullshit and misinformation which d*ckheads like you continue to propogate long after the media have acknowledged there was no veracity in the original claims.

Stick to 911.

THIS

this aint like global warming or 9/11 where there's decent evidence to cast doubt on the official story. there's no solid evidence whatsoever linking mmr with autism anyone who buys into that bullshit is just defending the conspiracy for the sake of it. smh measles / mumps / rubella could have been eradicated from the country by now if it wasnt for these backwards pricks

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

lol @ some of u man thinkin ur harder than doctors who actually live this sh*t, coz u read one story from a nutcase

please

this peer review sh*t is the best way to publish findings, not some lil blog

• Upvote 1