Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruno Di Gradi

Only 1 member of girls aloud can have solo success

73 posts in this topic

Nadine Coyle single sells just 117 copies

Posted Wed 3 Nov 2010 12:20 GMT by Edward Bovingdon in Behind The Music

Nadine Coyle ’s debut single ‘Insatiable’ has sold just 117 hard copies on its first day of release.

The dismal start for the former Girls Aloud singer will be heavily disappointing after weeks of promotional appearances and gigs, including her performance at G.A.Y. on Sunday. Despite these efforts, the single has performed poorly with only 117 hard copies sold since it was released on Monday, and digital downloads failing to reach even 2,500 so far.

Coyle’s hopes of becoming a solo artist seem to be dwindling as the record only hit number 35 in the midweek chart. The single is being sold exclusively through supermarket chain Tesco, a decision which could also be contributing to the poor sales.

In stark contrast, her former Girls Aloud colleague and 'X Factor' judge Cheryl Cole sold 157,000 copies of her single ‘Promise This’ during its first week on sale. The pair have been at odds with each other since launching solo careers, after Nadine snubbed Cheryl’s performance on X Factor. Cole has been alleged to have mimed on the live show and was snubbed by Coyle in a thinly-disguised attack at the star by stating she would never go on X Factor as she prefers to sing live.

She said: “I only want to do live shows. What happens with TV shows is you can’t always do things live. You can’t really get the full effect and with Insatiable being such a big song and because I’m just starting off I want it to be all about doing stuff live.”

Coyle will be hoping sales improve by Sunday when the charts are announced.

Source - http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/blogs/behind_the_music/33965/nadine-coyle-single-sells-just-117-copies/

she is pissed. The lead singer of the group as well.

117 copies u kno

its a par see one girl mention this on fb yesterday had to laugh

This what makes me laugh when these road rappers / up & coming artists throw random distorted numbers bout record sales and digital downloads..

what like mike glc claiming to push out over 150k units on road

dont know if its true or not seems to far fetched

yeah, He is just one of the lot

i remember that bre from D-fam claiming 150,000 official(whatever that means) downloads.

Nah but come on I reckon I could sell more than that, sh*t she'll definitely have more people on her facebook than that.

how did she fail so hard

is the song that sh*t?

It's probably more to do with people not liking her as a person rather than the song itself even though it's also sh*t

im sure thats only how many hard copies she sold

yup

the single has performed poorly with only 117 hard copies sold since it was released on Monday, and digital downloads failing to reach even 2,500 so far.

2500 can still get in the top 40 no? still got to sunday

Her music is absolutely dire so she can f*ck off.

shes geniuinely a c*nt

bitch thinks her sh*t dnt think

all weighin out food anorexic slag

looks like she takes it up the wrongun

havent heard the song but im pretty sure she'll sell a lot more by the time the week is done.

whats the name of the song? wana check it out

*edit just seen it in opening post.

**edit yea video and song are sh*t.

It's probably more to do with people not liking her as a person rather than the song itself even though it's also sh*t

+I swear she was selling it exclusively through Tesco.

LMAO thats deep

and why u gonna sell it exclusively in tesco ffs?

aint even heard the tune tbh, but im sure its sh*t

but this must be heartbreaking for her for real, all thinkin shes all that then sellin less than 200 copies

but from when that random wierd south african rapper who looks like Ashman made top 30 and you cant... its type for a career change

She slipped

lol @ not getting Cheryl to hook you up on the live Show on Sunday. Friends or not this is business.

apparently she declined to appear on x factor, sayin she only sings live and wont mime

i jus cant get over the tesco ting tbh

wtf was she thinkin?

we could all jump on straight riddim and sell more than that

i wouldnt be surprised used to see him outside footlocker practically bullying people to buy his sh*t lmao they were probably blank discs just to add to the par

Lol surely sales figures can be doctored in some way? All it would take is for Cheryl to slore herself for an extra hour or 2 to Simon Cowell, get him to make a few phone calls and get his cronies to work magic on the sales figures :lol:

The fact is that nobody is playing the song. Of course it's not selling, it's not being promoted. I listen to Radio 1 every day when I drive home from work and I've never heard it. Haven't even heard ABOUT it on the radio, only read about it in the papers and that was only to see that it did sh*t.

dont even know who she is. cant remember one girls aloud track either.