The Centreback Solution

YesWeCain

Bar Fabregas and van Persie then nobody in the squad is good enough then...
Why you say that?
Cos IMO Song has improved every season, and been one of our better players for the last 3 seasons now. Djourou and Walcott have all had a good season, they looked better than a LOT of their team-mates. They wouldn't be the first three names I'd say aren't good enough.So if you think they aint good enough, then the likes of Clichy, Diaby, Arshavin, Bendtner, Rosicky must have no chance.
Would you say they're good enough to play for a team wanting to win the league? I wouldnt so you cant say the same about CahillDiaby, Bedtner, Rosciky are squad players so that goes without saying

Why you say that?
Cos IMO Song has improved every season, and been one of our better players for the last 3 seasons now. Djourou and Walcott have all had a good season, they looked better than a LOT of their team-mates. They wouldn't be the first three names I'd say aren't good enough.So if you think they aint good enough, then the likes of Clichy, Diaby, Arshavin, Bendtner, Rosicky must have no chance.
Would you say they're good enough to play for a team wanting to win the league? I wouldnt so you cant say the same about CahillDiaby, Bedtner, Rosciky are squad players so that goes without saying
Huh, what I say about Cahill?Djourou for me is a 3rd choice centre-back, I would really like to see him partnered with Vermaelen tho, before I fully commit to him being a 3rd choice. Since he came back from the injury at Man Utd he hasn't been the same as earlier in the season.Song yes, but he shouldnt be the sole defender in your offensive 6, its a fail.Walcott is all pace, but he does a job, not every player in your team has to be world class. Gilberto, Ljungberg, Parlour, Wiltord, weren't world class, but they performed a role in a great side.

Why you say that?
Huh, what I say about Cahill?Djourou for me is a 3rd choice centre-back, I would really like to see him partnered with Vermaelen tho, before I fully commit to him being a 3rd choice. Since he came back from the injury at Man Utd he hasn't been the same as earlier in the season.Song yes, but he shouldnt be the sole defender in your offensive 6, its a fail.Walcott is all pace, but he does a job, not every player in your team has to be world class. Gilberto, Ljungberg, Parlour, Wiltord, weren't world class, but they performed a role in a great side.
I was intially responding to HangTheDj

Ahh ok.Also what I was meant to say was surely to move a club forward, you start with adding players better or players taht will seriously challenge the current first-teamers and subtract the squad players. Hence why I said Djouoru, Walcott and Song would be the least of my worries.

i dont wanna get rid of wenger, ive said this repeatedly maybe bite the bullet was the wrong phrase i mean swallow his pride pay more than u could have if he listened to fans, pundits etc etc getting rid of wenger with a squad aged 23 is not the one,the thing is u need to jump off his d*ck a bit hes not a pakistani dictator who u cant speak out of term abouthes a manager, we should be able to criticize him, like a politician or a like a disgruntled dad, wanting his son to overachieveyou will end up more gaunty and Basil faulty like, than wenger if u spend ur whole life trying to defend everything he does mate
Who said you couldn't criticise Wenger? Lol. I criticise him.I just think at times there is no balance, its always sack him or make him stop being so tight...I've said it time and time again Wenger isn't a tight manager with money, his record in the Highbury years proves this... The way he approves rewarding some of these players big contracts is not the actions of a tight manager. Everything Arsenal do financially make me just think there a lot less money than we think... We just been taken over and the statement on our future was that our "self-sustaining model" will continue, what is a self-sustaining model? I think people dont ask enough of the right questions, its always Wenger...
i was tryin to explain this 2 turkish 2 summers agoended up writin essays for him nd gave upthe average guy sees us failing, reads the daily star, nd screams wenger outwenger is partly to blame but sack him now nd things would get real bad

tbh the board meeting goings on is a worry, any one can see it, i try not to think about it, and how depressing a situation it really could bebut tbh if u go on wengers word we healthy, why wouldnt he use the, 'we in a state of finanical stability, so i do what i can for now' as a scape goat if there wasnt a full option, given the wake of the black scarf gang i know he said the ticket increase was necessary but he needs to spell it out tbhdunoi can also see its not his character to do somy option for the cb solution is still the obvious onehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jm2ths2oEMf*cking hope liverpool dont take him aswell

• Downvote 2

tbh if u go on wengers word we healthy, why wouldnt he use the, 'we in a state of finanical stability, so i do what i can for now' as a scape goat if there wasnt a full option, given the wake of the black scarf gang i know he said the ticket increase was necessary but he needs to spell it out tbh
Wenger see himself as a servant to the club, they pay his wages, so he obeys the messages the club want to come out, even if he doesn't totally agree... He's over loyal to the club, the board members & and the players, and in return he is untouchable for it. He ain't like a Mourinho who will hot up Perez or a club official publically to get what he wants/protect his own image...

Shocked to see how people are turning on Djourou, a few weeks ago he was flavour of the month lol ill bump this when Vermaelen becomes victim..Gallas was the hero at the back and we got rid of him, was always going to be downhill from there

Djourou is understandable as despite having had a good season (bar a few games) he's returned to the side as we totally collapsed our title challenge and he has been poor in two of the five games (Stoke & Bolton) and was rash in the Tottenham game.Positive was he kept Carroll, Suarez, Hernandez & Rooney quiet.But the basic errors in the Stoke and Bolton games are too fresh in the mind and errors so basic that the positive is being forgotten.

• Upvote 1

Guys acting like until the collapse of our title challenge (which was a result of our LACK of goal scoring as opposed to conceding too many), we were unbeaten with Djourou in the side & had the best defence.
You serious?So what happened when he returned from Liverpool onwards...

Guest Portuguese

When Bartley man marks Rooney out of three games in the space of five monthsThen you can mention the two in the same sentence unless your posting Rangers starting eleven for a game.

Guest Portuguese

Wasn't we told Rooney alongside Messi were the top two in the world on the eve of the WC.Bougherra put him in his pocket not once anyways I would like you mention a defender who Arsenal have been linked with his better than Bougherra on the ball.

Djourou is understandable as despite having had a good season (bar a few games) he's returned to the side as we totally collapsed our title challenge and he has been poor in two of the five games (Stoke & Bolton) and was rash in the Tottenham game.Positive was he kept Carroll, Suarez, Hernandez & Rooney quiet.But the basic errors in the Stoke and Bolton games are too fresh in the mind and errors so basic that the positive is being forgotten.
this has been our season all over tbh, he can go from beating barca to drawing with f*ck*ng Leighton orientun convinced even with them examples tbharguebly united were knackered as the only english team left still in the CLCarroll still recovering and yet to reach his form he had at newscastle
  • Downvote 1

we need someone massive black and shiney and 25 +or someone working class white with absolutely no tekkers jus red blooded defender like carra someone to put the fear fo god in that coward clichy and someone whose gna swing bacary round by weave when he fails to stop a cross for the 50th time
:D :D :D :D post f*ckin killed me