DAVID HAYE VS AUDLEY HARRISON THREAD

Corrigan

...and another Par

BOXER Audley Harrison has been floored for his world heavyweight title fight disaster - by youth workers whose T-shirt he wore as he stepped into the ring. The 39-year-old sported a top reading "Keep Stonebridge Adventure Playground Open" before being knocked out in round three by David Haye. Harrison - who grew up in Stonebridge, West London - landed just one jab in the bout in Manchester. A week earlier he visited the play area, which is under threat when funding from The Big Lottery runs out in February, to hand out posters saying why it should be saved. But the play centre's supervisor, Earl Simpson, 43, was furious with the former Olympic gold medallist yesterday. He said: "I put £10 on him. "I think I'm going to call him and ask for my money back. He has lost a lot of respect in these parts. When I watched it I was like, 'He's not from Stonebridge - we fight'. "When he came here he said 'put your house on me, I'm going to win'. Everything Audley said before the fight looks bad now. "He's let a lot of people down. On this estate you've got to fight for everything. It's how you earn respect. "If he came here now he'd have to wear a pretty big hood to hide his face because people aren't happy. If the guy's trained that long and thrown only one jab it's not right. You can't do that in front of 22,000 people." Youth worker Colin Hunter, 41, an old friend of Harrison's, landed verbal blows on his pal. He said: "He didn't make any friends last night. I've known Audley for years, I lived four doors up from him as a kid. I watched the fight with friends and we couldn't believe it." Blackburn Rovers striker Jason Roberts also attended the centre and wore a similar T-shirt under his Premier League shirt. Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3227501/New-blow-for-fight-flop-Audley-Harrison.html#ixzz15SwRBPfN
:D

• 1 month later...

keep hearing this twat haye using the word legacy to describe his careerwhat legacy? who have you fought that was any good mormeck and carl thompson @ cruiser and you lost to thompson. :/I used to rate this guy for the risks he took but nah he's a d*ckhead hope he gets ktfo he's no gladiator how many pro fights has he even had, some disrespect.

:D he lost to a former world champion - who was renowned for takin big beatings and coming back - in his 9th fight through stamina issues not a big deal tbhbare guys jumping on the bandwagon of hating haye, if he wins you will all be cheering him againpeople talk like the klits last fights have been against good opponents

Guest Rorschach

Tbh he lost against Thompson through stupidity, Haye only trained for 4 rounds.That fight was like a real life version of the simpsons episode where Homer becomes a boxer, getting battered for 15 minutes, then touches the exhaused guy and he is ko'd

point im making is he's had 2 difficult fights in his career and he has a 50% success rate yet he's bleating on about a 'legacy'why not just be honest and say i've seen the pee and im blurting all these justifications as to why he's been fighting bums, and now he's retiring :D
c/shaye is not a gritty warrior who will bring it to anyone at any time, its not his personality. haye is the kind of guy who is good for the public face of boxing in terms of going on paul o grady etc. but you will never see him in a tough 12 rounder where both men take it to the limit and are out to damage eachother permenantly.that era of boxing is unfortunately dead. we will never see a robinson hagler situation or a mike mccallum, roberto duran, julian jackson, pernell whitaker or james toney again. tough guys who could do it all and werent scared to take a shot. guys who learned the ancient artform of boxing in the square circle and would bring it to any man at any time. had skills and natural talent but could swing it out toe to toe. those are the kind of fighters who i admire the most. to be able to leave the game and say you never ducked another man is something u can tell ur grandkids about. for the rest of haye's life (if he retires) he will be asked "why didn't you ever step it up and test urself?"... once ur out the game no one cares unless you;ve really achieved something. he'll be back in a couple years sniffing around for a pay day and hopefully a young buck will take it to him and make him dig deep again cause he's got some skills.