Spurs >> Le'Arse. & Champions League Thread

TF S4DK

Jack Wilshere has a fitness test on Friday that will determine his involvement in the North London derby at the weekend. The Arsenal midfielder missed England’s 2-1 defeat to France on Wednesday night because of a back problem and has not yet returned to full training. Medical staff at Arsenal will check Wilshere, along with Andrey Arshavin and Tomas Rosicky, in the next 24 hours. The latter pair are expected to be fit after international duty but, when Arsène Wenger spoke to TV Online on Thursday lunchtime, they had not yet returned to the Training Ground. Robin van Persie’s recovery from an ankle problem was helped by 45 minutes for Holland and the manager is predicting no further bad news as the players come back from their countries. However Manuel Almunia (elbow), Thomas Vermaelen (Achilles) and Abou Diaby (ankle) are still out. The Spanish keeper is closest to a return. He is expected to be fully fit next week. “We have players coming back from the internationals,” said Wenger. “Some played shorter and some more longer. We have to assess all that tomorrow morning. “Jack has a test. He has a little strain of a little muscle in the back and is not in full training at the moment. We will know more on Friday about whether he is available for Saturday. “We have to assess Arshavin, who has still to come back. Rosicky is coming in later too. He had a tight hamstring but should be OK. “Van Persie had 45 minutes, which was agreed. He needed that. We had someone at the game and he looked quite sharp.” Wenger was asked which of the three remaining injured players would be back first. “Almunia,” he answered. “He is back in full training. He needs a few more days because he has been out for a long time. But he should be available for next week.”

Bacary Sagna does not resent William Gallas for his move to local rivals Tottenham Hotspur. The former Arsenal captain will return to Emirates Stadium on Saturday for the first time since his switch across north London and, although Gallas is expected to get a mixed reception from the fans, Sagna holds no grudges against his former team mate. Gallas spent four years at the Club, making 142 appearances, and the right back feels he deserves respect for the commitment and professionalism he showed while in the red and white of Arsenal. “I’m not angry at him because he signed for our rivals,” said Sagna. “He was always very professional and he always gave everything [during his time here]. “Football is football, I’m not furious against him. He needed to leave to play football and that is what he loves. “Even if the newspapers were talking about him because of his behaviour, [that] was his hunger because he wanted to win so much. Maybe he expressed it in a bad way but it was not bad at all because he wanted us to win. “I’ve kept in touch with him. On the pitch there is a war but off the pitch we are all friends. “He deserves a good reception because during the time he played for Arsenal he always did well.”

I LOVE derby day.3 points for the Gooners.
4 real G. is it St.Totteringham yet?
You're so dumb.90's born gooners are not worthy80's or before are real OG.S
80s last time SPUDS finished higher than us yh? its alright when Palacios n Bentley cum bk you'll b sorted.Fabianski<<GomesSagna>>CorlukaVermaelen>>>FaggasSquid>>BassongClichy>>BAESong>>Hudd. Hudds sik thoCesc>>VDVModric>>Wlshere. 4 now.Theo><Lennon. Don't know. Nasri>LennonArshavin>>BaleRVP>any faggit striker u gotknow the level son.
  • Downvote 1

"He is a great footballer," he told NUsport. "I know the quality he has. I would rather have him at Arsenal. I indicated a couple of times that Rafael would be useful for Arsenal but that advice was not followed."I regret the fact he was not signed, but it is the right of the club - this is just my opinion. Now you can see the result. Spurs were a good team but now they are a top team."