Overreacting?

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

Guest Waka Flocka Dave
This is a boycott of Lil Wayne's disrespectful song "Whip It Like A Slave" with Da Franchise Boys.

In the current state of the world, music is leading kids down the wrong direction and inspiring them to become only athletes, drug dealers and rappers. In today's society, it is no longer cool to become doctor's, lawyers, politicians and what not. With the recent emergence of this song, I feel this was a slap in the face to those that came before us, that shed blood, sweat and tears so that we can experience the freedoms due to us by GOD above. There are many great people who died for us to have the opportunities that we have today and instead of taking advantage of them, we are letting them slip away. Hip hop's influence on today's culture has been more harmful than helpful as it is taking us away from our GOD and is allowing us to place our faith in meaningless things such as cars, clothes and money.

It's time for us to make a change today yall, and it starts here and now. Just like Andre 3000 said, "It's unfortunate that if you come up fortunate the streets consider you lame, I thought the name of the game, was to have a better life, I guess it ain't what a shame"

I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL NOT TO SUPPORT THIS SONG!!! CONTACT YOUR LOCAL RADIO STATION TO KEEP THIS SONG OF THE AIR!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2GW7J-BbSw

this is one version of the song (the best one IMO)

theres a next piece on it over here with someone else gettin menstrual about it

http://allhiphop.com/stories/editorial/archive/2009/08/03/21872635.aspx

itbh i think theyre makin a mountain out of a mole hill, n the tune f*ck*ng bangs

its kinda old i know, but i aint seen anyone talk about it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

why did he think it was smart to name his song 'whip it like a slave', in fact this is probably the reaction he wanted lol

also that quote in the op is gassed when the f*ck was it ever cool to be a doctor, lawyer or politician. i hate these anti-hiphop people its just music, yes its influential but people like to listen to the negative sh*t it aint forced on them smh.

Guest Esquilax

Whoever wrote that intro is a f*ck*ng spastic anyway

Slavery is is more prolific today that it ever was

Maybe it'll get people talking about slavery and how to combat it, as opposed to selfishly thinking only about its connotations to the African slave trade which tbh is OLD NEWS NOW

But that's just my take anyway lololol xoxoxoxo

• Downvote 1