Whats the most greeziest grind you've ever been on?

Captain Planet

Uni students I expect to see your grind, basically this year I've decided to grind it out to fund the whip and build some character, first step was leaving an unnecessarily expensive flat to drop from 350 to 170 p/m.

Ever eaten baked beans and Kenke before? Borrowed Kenke too...

This week I've not taken bus to uni, my boys car is in the shop so us 3 have decided to do the 2 mile walk to uni every morning, saving approx £10.

Been banging cold showers and wearing layers in yard to save on the gas bill.

Charging phone/laptop in lecture as well, sitting at the front so I can use the plug sockets if I could I'd nab a portable battery.

TBH the greeziest grind was during my younger days but you get the gist of the thread...

You?

• Downvote 2

Smaddy knows. At one point in uni I was living on £2 a day or some sh*t. Had part time jobs from the very first day of uni to the point where I would turn up to freshers week events late because I was working.

They used to joke about making an Oxfam type advert for me.

Was f*ck*ng annoying living around all these people that had never struggled at all. Then one day applied for some grant where you had to show your bank statements for the last 3 months. I got just above the minimum and my friend got almost a grand. He had two bank accounts so showed them the one he never used and I had one account and the thing that f*cked me up was a £400 deposit into my account which was actually a loan from this dude which I was paying back a little bit at a time.

Guest M12 Part 2

lmao at 350pcm being expensive. And for 170 a month you should be saving P regardless of whether you try or not. Unless your parents are balling the majority of people at uni could easily save about 2-3k a year if their accomodation was that cheap

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

probs back in Africa, that sh*t was so dead, in Nairobi, livin gin some f*ck*ng shanty house with my evil stepmom, all we would eat is some thing called ugali which i cnt even explain and sukuma wiki which is called kale i think

managed to randomly find a youtube of it, ugali is the white thing n the sukuma wiki is the green crap

man had to wake up at 6.30 take the f*ckin coldest shower, no shower or nothing man had to use a tap n some massive basin, toilet was a hole in some room lol

then on my way to jump into these things called matatus

_44308845_7matatu.jpg

best believe it was that packed, people just hanging on to the door n the tings going like 60mph, theyve changed the rules now i hear, but f*ckin hell back then these things were a madness, had bare music blaring n some had sick graffs on the outside

KAmpala was f*ckin dead aswell at times, one place with my autn had no runnign water so we had to go to some f*ckin pumping well thingy, that was long, there were planned power cuts every other day, so say today theres electricity, tomorowo there wont be, think they couldnt generate enough or whatever so were just there with some parafin lamps n sh*t

school there was long aswell

then i gt sent to some boarding school in northern Uganda and left there, no one picked up at the end of term, no one picked me up at the end of the year man had to jam with some friend at his house and sh*t, then in the second year my uncle came n took me away, f*ck knows how he found me

i was like 5-7 them times, sh*t was f*cked

theres bare other crap but i dnt wanna write a f*ckin book

• Upvote 5

probs back in Africa, that sh*t was so dead, in Nairobi, livin gin some f*ck*ng shanty house with my evil stepmom, all we would eat is some thing called ugali which i cnt even explain and sukuma wiki which is called kale i think

managed to randomly find a youtube of it, ugali is the white thing n the sukuma wiki is the green crap

man had to wake up at 6.30 take the f*ckin coldest shower, no shower or nothing man had to use a tap n some massive basin, toilet was a hole in some room lol

_44308845_7matatu.jpg

best believe it was that packed, people just hanging on to the door n the tings going like 60mph, theyve changed the rules now i hear, but f*ckin hell back then these things were a madness, had bare music blaring n some had sick graffs on the outside

KAmpala was f*ckin dead aswell at times, one place with my autn had no runnign water so we had to go to some f*ckin pumping well thingy, that was long, there were planned power cuts every other day, so say today theres electricity, tomorowo there wont be, think they couldnt generate enough or whatever so were just there with some parafin lamps n sh*t

then i gt sent to some boarding school in northern Uganda and left there, no one picked up at the end of term, no one picked me up at the end of the year man had to jam with some friend at his house and sh*t, then in the second year my uncle came n took me away, f*ck knows how he found me

Was OK till that bit. What kind of life is this!?

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

_44308845_7matatu.jpg

Was OK till that bit. What kind of life is this!?

boy, that was some random f*cked up time

gt out of it though and in 2010 im sittin here typin on ViP2, can celebrate that at least

• Upvote 4

www.studentvaccine.co.uk

We're conducting a clinical study to investigate whether two vaccines can reduce the number of bacterium that could cause this kind of meningitis. The study will run for 12 months during which time participants will visit a study clinic 6 times.

Participants will be randomly (by chance) split into one of three groups to receive either:

Investigational vaccine at visits 1 and 2 plus an approved meningitis vaccine at visit 6

An approved meningitis vaccine at visit 1 plus placebo (an inactive injection) at visits 2 and 6

A control vaccine at visits 1 and 2 plus an approved meningitis vaccine at visit 6

Neither you nor the doctor will know, or be allowed to choose, which group you are placed in. The injections will be given in the upper arm muscle of the arm you use the least.

£100 visit 3 and then £150 on visit 6

• Downvote 3