Kolo "Adebayor is a bitch nigga"

Mic Man

Kolo Toure believes some of his Manchester City team-mates need to pull their socks up and work harder for the team.

The big-spenders currently sit fifth in the table - six points off the top - heading into Sunday's clash against former boss Mark Hughes' Fulham.

But Toure believes some of the stars at the club are relying on their reputations and are not doing enough to earn their massive wages.

He told the News of the World: "You need to be honest, even if you hurt people.

"And there are some players here, I am not scared to say, who are not working hard enough for the team. Some don't do enough in training, but still expect to play.

"We all get big wages at City, but some need to work harder.

"You cannot have a place in the team - even if you are an international - if you don't show what you can do in training.

"As players, we have the best job in the world and if the manager said 'You haven't worked hard enough, you will only get half your wages this week' it would make the players fight harder.

"I'm a professional footballer and, to me, playing regularly is the most important thing, money is secondary."

Team ethic

Amid reports of bust-ups behind the scenes at Eastlands, Toure, who joined City in a £16 million move from Arsenal in July 2009, believes his current team-mates could learn something from the team ethic at the Gunners.

He said: "There are players with big egos here, but you get that at every club.

"I signed from Arsenal, where we had Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Dennis Bergkamp, all top players, but their behaviour was fantastic.

"The most important thing was for the team to win - it didn't matter who was playing.

"If everyone fights with each other, the team is not going to get better."

Toure believes City are still in with a chance of winning the title - as long as everyone pulls in the same direction for the team, who also need to be more consistent.

He added: "Football is not just about money, it's about winning trophies. City want to be a big club. We feel pressure that we have to deliver and we can still win the title.

"I can't say we will because it is very difficult. There are top teams like Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Not consistent

"At the moment we are not consistent enough. We played well in beating Chelsea but lost to Wolves and you cannot play like that.

"The bust-ups happened, but there is always fighting at clubs and that is normal.

"It shows the team has hunger, the players want to win and I don't have a problem with that.

"When you have players from different countries, different mentalities, you will always have arguments.

"But the most important thing is the team - as long as each player does his job, that's it. No buts.

"If a player's commitment starts to drain, the manager needs to control that, but he cannot go to everyone's house, so it's difficult.

"For me, the only thing that will calm us is to win. We need a trophy this season. And then we will get into the habit of winning."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6519521,00.html

• Downvote 1