Convicted for self defence

Guest Lens

'iPod rage' Tube assault man convicted

A Tube passenger became the victim of ‘iPod rage’ when he asked a fellow commuter to turn down his loud music on a packed train, a court heard.

Trevor Holt tapped Troy Okwuosa on the shoulder when passengers became upset by the loud relentless beat.

But instead of lowering the volume, the 33-year-old muttered: ‘Do you want to touch me again?’

Mr Holt, 47, said: ‘When I touched him on the shoulder the second time he exploded in rage and punched me five times, knocking my glasses off with the first punch. The force he was using to punch me was considerable.’

Okwuosa, from Hammersmith, was convicted of assaulting Mr Holt on the packed Circle Line train on December 7 last year.

He was sentenced at city of London magistrates’ court to a twelve-month community order, including 100 hours community service work.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/847890-ipod-rage-tube-assault-man-convicted#ixzz160Zs4gVB

i don't see how this isn't self defence. man dun told the yute stop touchin him, the yute touched him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

i dnt understand WHY he had to touch him

people travelling in London are rarely relaxed, often in a heightened state of tension

people are close to boiling point a lot of the time

dudes music is playin, yes it is annoyin, but your journey is never gna be that long

• Downvote 1

Guest Rorschach

LOL

Fools

Some ediyat on a packed tube with his headphones too loud, a man politely asks him to turn them down (obviously touched him on the shoulder the first time because he wouldn't have heard him over the train, and the sound of the music)

and the c*nt replies with that rudeness, before banging a 47 y/o man in the face? because he tapped him twice?

if you think thats ok

your parents f*ck*ng failed and need punching up themselves, along with you

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Guest Rorschach

How loud is it that you are asked to turn it down?

I have seinhausser headphones, that are so loud I can't even hear the sound of the tube when I'm on it, but not once has anyone ever asked me to turn them down or anything like that.

If you are being asked to turn them down by some timid member of the public, then they are too loud and you should turn them down

the annoyance of you being asked to turn them down, is less for you, than it is for someone having to listen to grime second hand through your headphones from a half a foot away

trains are public places

you should respect other peoples space while in them

Im not gonna lie if someone did ask me to turn them down, Id think f*ck*ng d*ckhead

but I wouldn't batter man :/

• Upvote 1

You think thats sufficient provocation?

its not up to me to measure someone elses level for what they wuld call 'sufficient' provocation, guy tapped his shoulder a second time as an act of provocation to see what the guy would do about it.

But for the guy tapping his shoulder a second would the nigerian guy have sparked him - of course not

HATE f*ck*ng people that do that....why have I gotta listen to your music because u "think" it sounds better blasted through your ear drums. its called a PERSONAL stereo for a reason!! :angry::angry:

When Im at work, I tell people to turn that sh*t down or off no qualms, tbh one way or another the journey aint continuing with the volume @ that level! :arrow:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Guest Rorschach

People don't get to pick and chose what counts as provocation

However annoying a person may be, a polite, reasonable request, cannot be considered provocation

no matter than the man made a threat, it doesn't excuse him f*ck*ng the guy up :/

if he yanked the mans headphones off, then fair enough. Asking someone to turn down their sh*t twice, is not provocation.

Saying

'if you do that again im gonna bang you'

doesn't make whatever you do afterward justified

/

tbh I doubt he tapped his shoulder purely to see what he would do about it, he probably tapped his shoulder and asked him to turn his music down again after being rebuffed the first time

I just think its shocking people defending the guy for this

this kind of thing is the same situation that results in deaths, n then everyone would come in here saying 'wasteman on a hype etc'

no respect tbh

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

guy is obviously a partially deaf d*ckhead. Ppl who generally listen to their music so loud that everyone else can hear it do it because they wanna impress everyone else with their "cool" music taste. normally u grow out of that by 15, but some......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

how can you call that self defence? touching someone on the shoulder doesnt deserve that reaction in that context.

i also dont think anyone should be asked to turn down their music as im sure the noise of the tube when its moving drowns out the noise of earphones.

and the man tapping the guy to reduce the noise wouldnt have done asked drunk idiots on a weekend or football fans are screaming and shouting. if it was me i would just ignore the man and keep playing my music. There is no legal level for earphone music, if there is, then make it known and have officers to enforce it.

• Upvote 1

I'm assuming that the guy that got punched over was a white guy.

When did it happen that white breddahs began thinking it was ok to touch a Blackman (African no less) for any reason at all?

What I mean is it was only in the 90s when just being black was enough for any size white guy to not want none for nothing at all. It just came across that once upon a time, 1 on 1 no white guys wouldn't even bother turning up against a Blackman and the few that did quickly received a beat down.

Fast forward to 2010 and there's a white guy on a train tappin an Af on the shoulder?!?

No surprise he got his head lick off at all

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

When did it happen that white breddahs began thinking it was ok to touch a Blackman (African no less) for any reason at all?

What I mean is it was only in the 90s when just being black was enough for any size white guy to not want none for nothing at all. It just came across that once upon a time, 1 on 1 no white guys wouldn't even bother turning up against a Blackman and the few that did quickly received a beat down.

Fast forward to 2010 and there's a white guy on a train tappin an Af on the shoulder?!?

How is any of this even relevant.....

SO back to the point. If he hit him once or twice....maybe just maybe I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Its reasonable force and everyone has lost their mind at one time or another. But if you tump someone five times, over something as little as that...then sh*t....let him spend the 100 hours reflecting on his stupidity.

How is any of this even relevant?

This is how

tbh

this is why black people have bad reputations for lacking self control and violence

I figure the white guy should've just known better

How is any of this even relevant?

This is how

tbh

this is why black people have bad reputations for lacking self control and violence

I figure the white guy should've just known better

And that makes you proud? White people should fear the black man?

Reality check - its 2010, you need to llow the stupid generalisations. We don't roll around with spears no mo' (*)

Thats like saying if I saw a China-man on the train causing aggro I shouldn't approach him because he could be the long lost descendant of Bruce Lee.

But anyways, thats not the point. The guy wasn't 16/17/18....the brother is 33!!

If you're in your 30's and you don't have the cranial capacity to react to a situation accordingly then your mother failed you, and you failed at life. Let him reflect on his foolish actions. I'm sure he has no regrets....

I'd expect that kind of retort from a youth - you're a grown-ass man.

Come on son.

• Upvote 7