Welfare Cuts Will Encourage Poor To Breed

Thun

Tory peer apologises for gaffe claiming the poor 'breed'

Conservative peer Howard Flight issued an "unreserved" apology for suggesting welfare changes would encourage the poor to have more children, saying he would like to withdraw the remark.

Howard-Flight2_1770748c.jpg

Howard Flight, a former Tory MP, made the comments just days after being given a peerage by David Cameron. Downing Street moved swiftly to distance itself from the remarks.

Mr Flight, who has yet to be ennobled, was asked in an interview about changes to the child benefit system which will see top rate taxpayers no longer receiving the state-hand-out.

The father of three told the Evening Standard: “We're going to have a system where the middle classes are discouraged from breeding because it's jolly expensive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/conservative/8160151/Tory-peer-apologises-for-gaffe-claiming-the-poor-breed.html

Torys cant help saying dumb remarks

These guys are cracking me up. They got in power and some of them have lost the plot! Just saying whatever the f*ck they want!

Lol at Cameron not automatically stopping him from becoming a Lord. These people do not have terrets. They choose their words and they are clearly offensive. He needs to go the same way that old dude went last week.

as ridiculous as his claims may seem to be,

I used to know a girl/woman, who openly admitted to me and a few others, that one of the factors of her having her second child was due to child benefit,

(not saying we'll see widespread 'breeding' all over the place or i agree with his claims, but there are some f*cked people about)

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

I used to know a girl/woman, who openly admitted to me and a few others, that one of the factors of her having her second child was due to child benefit,

(not saying we'll see widespread 'breeding' all over the place or i agree with his claims, but there are some f*cked people about)

scum

luckily ive never encountered anyone like that, only heard

• Upvote 1

scum

bruv mugs like that are everywere

but allow using the word breed

• Upvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

they say things like this in public

can you imagine how they speak behind closed doors

trust me

cnt stand snakes, id rather someone jus told me straight up so i didnt waste my time

they say things like this in public

can you imagine how they speak behind closed doors

trust me

cnt stand snakes, id rather someone jus told me straight up so i didnt waste my time

tbh this is exactly what they're doing, their exposing their cuntish behaviour and attitudes for us all to see and hear.

lol

the only positives from their hellish regime will be when the next elections come around, the pricks who chose not to, or just couldnt be bothered to vote last time will be out in their droves

always look on the bright side of life and all that

scum

bruv mugs like that are everywere

but allow using the word breed

tbh we can say these ppl are void of any morales, but can't really call them mugs, as they are getting how much more every month?

the goverment made a rod or their own back with the benefit system they brought in,

when you see people on news reports claiming it makes more financial sense for them to be unemployed and on jsa

and you effectivly get a wage for being a parent,

it was predictable that some people would start taking big time advantage of the system.

same girl i was talking about had her first at 16 got moved into her own yard, claimed benefits had a second, claimed more benefits,

is now 26 and has never worked a day in her life,

but in a lot of ways she's better of than me who has worked since the age of 17, been to Uni and tried to lead the "morale" life of getting up in the morning doing a honest days work and the rest of the bullshit these people avoid like the plauge

Infact on the subject of whose better off,

due to my job i've gotta do a lot of linking up work with other agencies, and on one project we were working with the housing association,

while i was on my break, i asked one of the workers i was working with, how i'd go about getting my self a place,

she asked me two questions,

does my Mum rent or does she have a mortgage?

and

Am i employed?

answers were Mortgage and yes,

she put the folder down and said "off the record i've got to tell you the chances of you getting a place are minimal,

i went on to explain to her that i live in a 2 bedroom flat with my Mum and Brother,

she asked if there are problems at home? i said no?

she shrugged and shook her head as if to say " yeah the systems f*cked but thats how it is"

she said i could still put my name on the list, but i'd probably never see any reward for it.

just wanted to share that, not tottally sure why though

Guest WAVESURFER

People always cuss those on benefits and what not, but I saw someone saying that benefit fraud costs the country £1bn, but those tax evaders cost the country £15bn!!

Those on benefits are just easy targets for the media and government.

c/s

These rich tax evaders (like Philip Green, who is now advising the f*ck*ng government) aren't punished, they're rewarded if anything, and they're the ones doing the most damage to the country.

But all we hear about are "scrounging benefit cheats".

Makes me sick.

• Upvote 4

Yeah but you do realise theres a difference between earning your money by doing nothing and earning your money by working 10-12 hours a day?

Can you not see people on benefits are a detterent for people that pay higher income tax, not because they are lower class citizen or for the fact they receive benefits its about them sitting around all day doing nothing yet being paid.

If you can't see that then you're trying to be clever when you should just view the topic from a safe distance.

• Downvote 2

Yeah but you do realise theres a difference between earning your money by doing nothing and earning your money by working 10-12 hours a day?

Can you not see people on benefits are a detterent for people that pay higher income tax, not because they are lower class citizen or for the fact they receive benefits its about them sitting around all day doing nothing yet being paid.

If you can't see that then you're trying to be clever when you should just view the topic from a safe distance.

to be honest,

the man has somewhat of a point,

the fact is there are some people who aren't interested in ever getting a job, as if you haven't got certain qualifications or abilities in some cases it makes more financial sense to be unemployed than working.

but yes it all has to be clamped down on

Guest WAVESURFER

to be honest,

the fact is there are some people who aren't interested in ever getting a job, as if you haven't got certain qualifications or abilities in some cases it makes more financial sense to be unemployed than working.

Yeah, there's no doubt about that. But the fact is, they're in the minority. Most people on benefits DO want to work.

The money that the minority (lazy people, happy on benefits) cost the country is a drop in the ocean compared to the damage done by rich cunts like Philip Green dodging taxes.

to be honest,

Yeah, there's no doubt about that. But the fact is, they're in the minority. Most people on benefits DO want to work.

The money that the minority (lazy people, happy on benefits) cost the country is a drop in the ocean compared to the damage done by rich cunts like Philip Green dodging taxes.

When you say benefits you're describing something thats too general to your answer.

Whats the difference between a person whos worked 9-5 all their life and recentley became unemployed and had to claim benefits to someone whos been on benefits all their life and so have their family?

The 9-5 worker would want to get back into work not the social loafers, so you should make it more clearer when you say the majority of people want to come off benefits which isn't true

• Downvote 1

again,

the man has a point,

the people i set up projects for are more than open about the fact they have no ambition or intention to get and keep a job,

as the way the benefit system works today, it makes more sense to claim,

been talking about this alot over the last few days, and the overiding question has been, why and how did the goverment think this was a right way to go,

its almost as if they encourage you not to suceed,

the amount of apprenticships i hand out to young people, but then have to take back, because they attend college and therefore do not meet the criteria,

not saying all benefits are bad, but some have just encouraged laziness and a scrounger mentality ,