Lifts that have u shook.

Skenghis Khan

talk about lifts that u wud do but ur shook/worried about looking a twat, or u just dont like. the idea is that we share, feel like a p*ssy and then man up then do them next time in the gym. i kno its all relative, sum guys are shook of squats and deadlifts but its all about conquering.mine atm:BARBELL SIDE PRESS aka bent press- its an old skool strong man lift, u dont see guys doing it ever rlly, but i know a guy who does all these old strongman lifts and i wanted to try it, gave it a go with a dumbbell side press, and tbh it scared the sh*t out of me the weight is directly above ur head at lockout. with a bb side press im guessing ur gonna have quite a job stabilizing as well (anyone tried single arm BB curl, pure f*ckeries) its a very technical lift with awkward angles, and altho its rlly not essential that im able to side press, it irritates the f*ck out of me, this is a side press btw:ArthurSaxon1.jpgu press the weight straight up from ur waist in a bent over position.BARBELL STEP UPS - basically just holding the bar in a 'high bar' squat position and stepping up onto a box. reason im not on this is there arent any proper boxes at my gym or much space for that matter, have images of me tryna step up onto a bench, bailing and injuring myself/sumone else or just looking like a prick (my balance aint all that) lifts i didnt do b4 i decided to stop being a p*ssy and just lift:POWER CLEANS - my technique is swag tho.FLOOR PRESS - Another old skool lift, basically what they did b4 they invented benching, very good tricep and upper chest exercise, excllnt for breaking bench plateaus.i used to not do this one cos i used to use a bench to rest the weight on and pull the weight down to the floor from there (dont do this, it will f*ck ur shoulder, use a power rack) so i was lying on the floor in front of the bench benching. guys wud look at me like 'ur doing it wrong' and wud ask if i wanted to use their bench cos they were nearly done etc. i joined a harder gym and stopped giving a f*ck anyway.BARBELL HIP THRUST - very good glute movement. involves resting the barbell on ur hips and then simulating a sex act while sweating and grunting, obv ppl look at u like ur different, nowadays i do not give a f*ck, just dont look at me while i do it u cunts. very good exercise for increasing the force of ur upwards power beat btw.add urs, then update once uve conquered.

i dont do any crazy movements. especially now that i joined someone doing an unfamiliar lift to kinda show off and ripped my shoulder muscle in the processdry.gifhave had to lay off heavy weights for last 2months and doing physioi do deadlifts, power cleans, jerk cleans and standing shoulder presses.

do u kno how strong those oldskool guys were tho, the guy in that pic, arthur saxon lifted 167kg above his head with the bent/side press, i think he still holds the record 100 years on. 167kg!! thats more than ive squat or benched at the same bodyweight and he's pressed it above his head with one f*ck*ng hand. he invented his own health drink which consisted of guinness and raw egg whites and backed 12 eggs and a kilo of meat everyday, f*ck*ng madman./guys really should be doing squats and deadlifts tbh, even my wife does them ffs. /bradford press is another one im shook of doing without a spot

Guest M12 Part 2
LMFAO at guinness and eggs.
i know a guy who swears JD makes him stronger before workouts. f*ck banging heavy weights and being even a lil bit tipsy./on topic squats scare me. That feeling in the hole when you dont feel like youre gonna make it out and a weight heavier than you is gonna crush you or destroy your back is emosh. I still do them though cos i understand the benefits also power cleans. When the weight is light im fine but when it gets heavy i get shook for same reason as squats.

do u kno how strong those oldskool guys were tho, the guy in that pic, arthur saxon lifted 167kg above his head with the bent/side press, i think he still holds the record 100 years on. 167kg!! thats more than ive squat or benched at the same bodyweight and he's pressed it above his head with one f*ck*ng hand. he invented his own health drink which consisted of guinness and raw egg whites and backed 12 eggs and a kilo of meat everyday, f*ck*ng madman./guys really should be doing squats and deadlifts tbh, even my wife does them ffs. /bradford press is another one im shook of doing without a spot
lol that is f*cked, but i'm not trying just get strong i'm trying to improve the way i look, although the guy in that pic looks pretty ripped.

deadlifts coz it feels like im gonna hurt my back
Everybody thinks this about deadlifts. If your form is good, you won't injure yourself. Once you've done it a few times you'll think you were silly for not doing it before
no doubti started some other lower back stuff and it still feels a bit off key working those muscles.

i used 2 b shook of squats, now i go nuts on em... same wiv deadlifts,, but i started dem more recentlyim kinda shook 2 bench press (embarressed) but i'll still do dem... sumtimesused 2 b shook of pullups and dips, now..... WOIIII , i jus b throwing myself about off dem bars

^ppl will think that funny cos evryone benches, but really benching is more dangerous than squatting etc imo.if something goes wrong when ur squatting u can just dump the bar behind u, whereas with bench theres not much u can do if u miss the hooks or somthing. come to think of it the only rlly sketchy experiences ive had in the gym were when ive pushed myself to far when benching without a spot. bet most gym accidents r bench related.

nah still aint done them, although my back is like the biggest part of me right now, i do wanna start but it's a question of finding someone to start with until i'm more confident for some reason there aren't many at my gym that do them

cmon man do them, u dont need anyone to hold ur handuse light weight and make sure u bend ur knees and dont round ur back.if ur unsure about ur form get sumone to film u and then watch it usually u can spot wot ur doing wrong like thislater on u can start to worry about the subtleties like ur grip and how high/low to have ur hips./did db bent press today, its a sick shoulder builder i think, got sum looks tho.