Car advice..

Necksta

Okay guys, I was in a car crash a few days, and the guy hit me from the back so was fully in fault for what happened. luckily im ok but my car is f*cked.

i had his insurance company phone me asking me how much it will cost to fix my car, i went to mercedes and they said 750 for back bumper and other bits, and 1.9k for other stuff (they damaged my gearbox somehow and f*cked up a few of my sensors) i told them this, they sent me the first cheque for 750, and started hesitating when i talked about the other 1.9k. they said i need to get mercedes to send an invoice to them.. or something dumb.

the thing is im fully comp so should i just phone up the aa and let them sort it out? i need a courtesy car anyhow cause my car will take a week or two to fix.

any advice would be much appreciated..

thanks!

Just do as they say for now. Get Mercedes to send them the invoice and see what they do. They might just want proof coz it's such a large amount. Also, ask Mercedes if they do courtesy cars (which I'm sure they do).

Some idiot reversed into me in a car park in March and it's taken my insurance company until now to get their insurance company to finally sort it. I was told to get quotes and I finally got a letter saying I can take it to the garage that gave me the cheapest quote. It says the garage should send the bill directly to the other person's insurance company and that if the garage can get me a courtesy car the cost can be included in the claim. They can't get me a courtesy car but I'm sure Mercedes can for you.

I recently was involved in a car accident where the guy had also hit me from behind.

What you should have done was ring your own insurance company and tell them about the accident, as it was the guys fault it wouldn't effect your no claims and you wouldn't have had to pay any excess either. They would have then sent an accessor round to collect your car whilst dropping of a like for like courtesy car, the accessor would then decide weather the car is worth fixing or not, then you would either receive your car back fixed or a cheque for how much the car is worth in book value.

Your gunna have to do what they say for now and send them the relevant invoices and what not.

• Upvote 1