Train of Thought

kurious

i was thinking today on the train, there are some unwritten rules that go down on the train, considering ur in such close proximity to random people for quite a long period of time, its quite a strange place to be

eye contact - when that hot guy/girl is sitting opposite u where do u look? I usually scan the train journey above their heads 246735 times as if i dont take that route on a regular. and today i realised u can do a lot of clocking in the window reflection. but it rarely goes any further unless u get off the same stop or are sitting next to each other, can it ever be achieved if u are opposite or 2 seats down?

reading - firstly i dont read over people's shoulders and i find it really jokes/rude when i see people doing it so brazenly to others

but seriously, crotch/buttock/ general groin area resting on my novel whilst reading on a packed train ^_) its not needed

feet - sometimes when people walk past i dont know whether to keep my legs down and let them step over or tuck them in, this miscommunication has resulted in nuff people tripping and me = :ghost:

excess luggage - wha'amun for them man in suits, the ones that get on at old street rocking tie, crep and their power bags, iv had sooo much beef with some Kilimanjaro looking rucksacks and the owner hasnt even clocked :mad:

*sigh*

personal hygiene - i always use gloves to touch the poles or else do some awkward balancing act like no hands :bounce:

woot woot no hands, and have u ever blown ur nose upon leaving the undergorund :o

see them homeless people how do they get down there too? like 1 woman is always at Victoria and i actually wonderd if she lives down there?

and the last point i would like to address is

seats0.jpg

the arm rest struggle

who gets what arm rest and under what circumstances? iv had too many elbow wars with people and looked down the aisle and seen that every one is entitled to one armrest per chair until a certain point, then some people feel they can take two armrests for their newspaper reading arms and wont even share the front part or back part so i think some rules need to be established in those respects...

yeah just a few of the things i think of when on the train, what goes through ur mind?

• Upvote 9

eye contact - when that hot guy/girl is sitting opposite u where do u look? I usually scan the train journey above their heads 246735 times as if i dont take that route on a regular.

lol, I do this all the time. Then every now and then I'll try have a proper look at said hot guy and he'll catch me staring.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

who has power over that lil window?

like sometimes ill be standing and itll be like October or sutin n ill be OK, but when thats open that chill hits you in the face

and ill try close it, them u get these Eskimos is who walked around bare chested in winter opening that sh*t up, like motherf*cker i just closed that its getting f*ck*ng cold

eye contact - i usually look at the floor, but i try and make sure that i don't look near their shoes so they don't think im judging their shoes. If they are hot i just get caught slipping bcuz if i don't focus i just end up looking at them.

reading - it is jokes when you clock people clocking that someone else is reading their paper, and then move so the other person can't see it. ''I paid for this information bitch, it's mine!''

feet - I tuck nearly all the way, but not so much that my knees stick out more.

personal hygiene - don't really care about this unless i feel hot breath then im shoving till theres space

the arm rest struggle - i am a defeatist in this area, never even bother using it even if im sitting next to no1. It's all about the glass pane/end of aisle seats, where you can rest your head on the side and catch a quick kip/plus one less person you have to sit next to.

the other day was so jokes! a woman let her toddler sit on his own chair on monday when it was well busy, and then this old german woman comes in, is standing for like two minutes, then points at the child saying to the woman

''iz dis your child?''

''can you move him?''

reluctantly the woman grabs the toddler as he's saying ''no! no!'', and as the german woman sits down the child starts crying saying ''i don't like you''

loool it was jokes

yh if im seated by the window or directly behind it as the wind blows in that direction then I control the window or u ask!

arm rest battle makes no sense, someone loses, i like the rains that dont have them

also, if u and ur friend are sunning for the train and u make it but ur friend doesnt, what is standard procedure?

get off at the next stop and wait for them or go back? or go on to ur destination and wait for them there, serious train life is intense

Guest Rorschach

Pos & cs for Jubez, and then for Kurious last comment.

Neg for this thread having the title but not being about Kweli + Mos + Hi-Tek

The journey to work gets me furious

I cant stand

People who walk slowly

people who walk down the middle of the stairs, when if they moved over to the left/right, I could overake them

people who dont get to the standing side of the escalator quick enough so I can get down them

people who walk down the escalator infront of me, slowly, as if they walked just because their doctor said they should try walking for 30mins each day, f*ck off, I've got somewhere to be

people who take up all the space in the tunnel before you get to the platform, so you dont know there is a train there, and by the time you do, its too late

people who think their paper/book takes precidence over my personal space, it doesn't, and I'll crumple it

people who dont take their bags off on the train and put them between their legs when standing, thus taking up a space that could be used for a person

people who think that when people are trying to move down into the isle in the middle of the train, thats its cool for them to have their legs crossed while sitting down, so their highest foot takes up half the space in the aisle, c*nt

people who, when you get on to a tube, are right infront of you, and theres like 3 seats left, they take so long to take their bag off, swing it round, and sit in their seat, that by the time they are sat down, the other two seats are gone and you have to stand there next to dalpreet who 'doesn't beleive in deoderant'

people who think they can take up the whole armrest / spread their legs too far

just sit down and displace their arm and legs with your bodyweight in one swift movement

omg and the people at the oysetr machine taking years, i got that sh*t down to a science

a science, son

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I read over peoples shoulders tbh, i dnt care

reading - it is jokes when you clock people clocking that someone else is reading their paper, and then move so the other person can't see it. ''I paid for this information bitch, it's mine!''

:lol:

c/s lookin at someone nice in the reflection

/

i usually give in with the armrest cos its not really comfortable for me to have both arms up anyway

Guest Rorschach

who has power over that lil window?

like sometimes ill be standing and itll be like October or sutin n ill be OK, but when thats open that chill hits you in the face

and ill try close it, them u get these Eskimos is who walked around bare chested in winter opening that sh*t up, like motherf*cker i just closed that its getting f*ck*ng cold

During the winter I go and stand at the door and stick my head out that window

eliminates the heat completely

very handy, espesh for carnival, clubbing etc

yh there is a rhythm that goes with topping up oyster, touch tap tap tap insert tap touch

f that up and u could bop away from all the money u just inserted lol (iv done that it was no lol day)

+

ur the man version of my mind on the train

+

certain women should stop flicking and shaking their hair in front of my face on those 8.30 am train rides

certain women should stop flicking and shaking their hair in front of my face on those 8.30 am train rides

this gets on my nerves, blink an someones hair is in my eyes

hate it when im sittin down and then people wanna stand inbetween the seats, and their arse/crotch ends up to close to my face

favourite seat on the train is one away from the old peoples seat by the door

i think my fav is the seat by the glass at the end of the carriage

u ever been breezing down the escalators and just thought to urself one wrong move and its KO

infact what has been the dirtiest drop u have seen on those death traps?

i saw my friend drop down the ones in wood green and get back up laughing until she clocked that the dress she paid 300 pounds for was ripped. i thought she was ghost that day tho, heels, alcohol and escalators is a naughty combination

Always been pretty shook of escalators, normally a stand still and catch a ride kinda guy instead of bopping up. Them sharp metal edges take no prisoners.

i dnt mind walkin up

walkin down now, jus shook of fallin forwards

if i have heels on im not messin around, i stayin still and im payin attention liftin my feet up