Fight Night Champion

Trim

fight-night-champion-title-640x250.jpg

More than just a change to the franchise name, Fight Night Champion takes the boxing experience one giant step forward by delivering an experience never before seen in an EA SPORTS video game. History will be made with this revolutionary iteration that builds upon the best-in-class gameplay and physics engine of Fight Night Round 4, while immersing you in a world of brutality, uncertainty, betrayal, and redemption. Survive the brutal road to redemption with Fight Night Champion.

FEATURES

Full Spectrum Punch Control

Control your boxer's punches with precision and accuracy like never before with a new synergy of gameplay controls. From overhand punches to strategic counter jabs and one-punch knockouts, overwhelm your opponents with your refined skill set.

Physics-Based Gameplay

Move around the ring and time your attacks with precision. Building off the best-in-class gameplay engine featured in Fight Night Round 4, you now have an even wider range of abilities when it comes to counterattacks, setting up combos, and attacking your opponent.

Legacy Mode

Create your alter ego and put him in the ring against past champions. Work your way up the ranks through training and scheduled bouts, and establish your name as the fighter to beat. Take your boxer online and see how you size up against the best in the world competing for local or worldwide belts in the all-new Fight Night Nation.

Authentic Content

Fight Night Champion showcases the truest graphical representation of the sport, lifestyle, and culture of boxing with authentic and dynamic blood, realistic body damage and deformation, and mature content throughout. Experience the violence and brutality that is true to the trade.

Short Roster Video

http://www.ea.com/fight-night/videos/841b6f94162ec210VgnVCM2000001165140aRCRD

EA has named the 54 boxers it will recreate for Fight Night Champion.

Among them are British hero Joe Calzaghe, grilled food expert George Foreman, porker Erich "Butterbean" Esch, Jake "The Raging Bull" LaMotta and Ukranian monsters Wladimir and Vitali Klistchko.

The big-buck inclusions of legends Tyson and Ali are also present.

The full roster of 54 boxers is:

1. Augustus, Emanuel

2. Calzaghe, Joe

3. César Chávez, Julio

4. Corrales, Diego

5. Cotto, Miguel

6. Donaire, Nonito

7. Foreman, George

8. Frazier, Joe

9. Gamboa, Yuriorkis

10. Guerreo, Robert

11. Hagler, Marvelous Marvin

12. Hatton, Ricky

13. Hearns, Thomas

14. Jones Jr, Roy

15. LaMotta, Jake

16. Lewis, Lennox

17. Chad Dawson

18. Monzon, Carlos

19. Mora, Sergio

20. Morrison, Tommy

21. Mosley, Shane

22. Ortiz, Victor

23. Pacquiao, Manny

24. Pavlik, Kelly

25. Paz, Vinny

26. Robinson, Sugar Ray

27. Taylor, Jermain

28. Tyson, Mike

29. Whitaker, Pernell

30. Wright, Ronald "Winky"

31. De La Hoya, Oscar

32. Holyfield, Evander

33. Hopkins, Bernard

34. Klistchko, Vitali

35. Klistchko, Wladimir

36. Liston, Sonny

37. Sugar Ray Leonard

38. Ali, Muhammad

39. Danny Jacobs

40. Erislandy Lara

41. Roberto Duran

42. Cristobal Arreola

43. Tim Bradley

44. Anthony Mundine

45. Billy Dib

46. Fernando Vargas

47. Kevin Kelley

48. Eddie Chambers

49. David Haye

50. Jesse James Leija

51. Peter Manfredo Jr.

52. Butterbean

53. Zab Judah

54. Kendall Holt

When the roster of 54 boxers was released last week much of the reaction focused on names that weren’t included. Of course every boxer has to be signed to their own deal which is a difficult and time consuming process. Fight Night Champion producer Brian Hayes posted on the game’s official forum some details on the process which makes for an interesting read.

Brian Hayes: It’s that time of year again. You win some, you lose some.

I’m not happy about it either. This is what Fight Night and KO Kings has gone through every year and it’s never easy. Contracts are signed with fighters for a certain period of time and when they expire, we can’t be certain we’ll be able to reach another agreement with any of them.

- Some boxers were signed to deals over 3 years ago when things were pretty different, financially-speaking.

- All of the boxers that we lost were contacted, some of them several times by myself personally.

- I’m not kidding when I say this, sometimes we just don’t hear back. Even from people we worked with previously.

- I personally had communications with one boxer – and his three different managers – over the course of 6 months.

- Arturo Gatti died under very suspicious circumstances. Sorry that we weren’t able to re-do that contract in the wake of that. We would have signed him for an extra 2 years way back if we had known he was going to die.

- Some guys we had to drop because of a lawsuit last year, you might recall.

- Sometimes we have have verbal agreements in place with guys we really want and because of time-pressures we spend thousands of dollars making them. Only to have them make further demands, attempt to renegotiate, or simply fail to send us signed paperwork. So poof! They’re off the roster and we just burned that money. I can tell you how much Mike looooooves that.

- Some guys just have unrealistic demands.

Now, I know you probably don’t care about this. The game doesn’t have some of the guys you want, end of story. But like I’ve been saying for years, its not like boxing is chock-full of stand-up guys accustomed to a strict code of business ethics – nor is it populated by an abundance of athletes with a realistic perception of their brand value and/or mainstream appeal.

NOTE: Some guys are absolutely great. Very professional and very helpful.

All I’m saying is, we try our best and we didn’t make the business of professional boxing an absolute clusterf**.

/

Clearly the frustration is coming through here and that is understandable. There were many comments made about Floyd Mayweather not being included, and though EA Sports isn’t going to single him out or call him out publicly, his demands have been beyond absurd. Any sports game that doesn’t have a player’s association of some sort faces the issue of negotiating on an individual level and that will result in many cases with success but the inability to include others that the development team and gamers desired.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

There were many comments made about Floyd Mayweather not being included, and though EA Sports isn’t going to single him out or call him out publicly, his demands have been beyond absurd.

:lol:

aint this nigga got money issues? id take every penny offered tbh

There were many comments made about Floyd Mayweather not being included, and though EA Sports isn’t going to single him out or call him out publicly, his demands have been beyond absurd.

prob wasnt even just money prob wanted some dummbness like "you cant ever knock my character down"

• Upvote 2

prob wasnt even just money prob wanted some dummbness like "you cant ever knock my character down"

lmao was thinkin the exact same

Plus KO King is a Don King affiliant and for those that follow boxing will know Don King and Mayweather have had some sort of weird relationship going on the past half a year or so, so I'm sure Don talked him in to (or out) of some sh*t

Looking forward to this though nontheless

/

SMH @ Danny Jacobs being on this

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rorschach

If they actually fix (i.e. create) the footwork on this game

Maybe I'll buy it

its been sh*t on all the games so far, f*ck*ng appauling, its like your moving in treacle, premise of the game is to make your way to the centre of the ring and slug it out :/

glad to see they have the Klitchskos in there.

Guest Klitschko

Because of the lack of detail / reality put into the footwork and movement, you move like your shoelaces are tied together

There's no double tap and move away

fire a quick jab or combination and get out of range

It's even pretty difficult to stick to the outside with someone like Ali when fighting Joe Fraizer

it's really dissapointing and its a part of the game theyve just f*cked over to make way for explosive action..won't be buying another one till I see proof that it's fixed. It's a real shame too because I think this is the only fully liscenced boxing game ( cant actualy think of another recent/forthcoming boxing game), and it has a v good roster this time.

And it would be a very very good game if it wasn't for that (althoguh I think the punch speed should be improved for certain fighters but then such trivial things will always crop up)

Sadly the game is a slug-fest.

Guest Klitschko

Nah I know pushing the joystick twice either way makes you dart back or lunge forward, but boxers (except Ali maybe) are too slow, even when using the extremes of the joystick (i.e. pushing it all the way in one direction) they seem to cross their feet over and generally make a mes of their attempt to go anywhere.

If they incoprporate some basic fundamentals into the game ^

It would be a muc better experience.

I fight different with different fighters (I try to fight as the fighter fought, I'm a geek like that)

I dunno maybe it's box myself that I notice more and feel its flawed?

But it's kind of like MW2 in a way, the way it was centered massively around action and not realism. Though I've noticed it's a theme with EA games, there generally seems to be movement issues.

Guest Klitschko

Tryna duck our fight to fight this guy for a quick payday. Cotdamn.

I will be jumping on later, around 10 - 11, I'll be down for whatever.

Whats your gamertags?

(Lol if either of you tell me its a PS3 ting)

Strictly xbox ting tbh. I watch movies on my blu ray player these days.

But wait, did man accuse me of ducking? Maaan Ima make you regret that. Not even tryin to knock you out. Straight methodical punishment fo yo ass. You brought this on yo self.

Ima get a quick payday appetizer off the rookie then ima treat you like a main course.

Nucca ima eat you!!!

Lmao

• Downvote 1

Guest Klitschko

Lol fair do's.

Irritating the hell out of me that I can't remember Gael Clichy's Back Pocket previous username. I'm sure it began with..R. Or W.

But I've got your GT, Filthymcnasty right?

Edit. Confirmed.

Lmaoo @ Nucca Ima eat you

Gonna jump on soon for some practice, gonna be schwag otherwise.