Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woodpecker

Estate Agent?

40 posts in this topic

Why isn't everyone an estate agent? apart from lazy people like xxx gaffer etc etc there are a few people on here that give the impression they can sell. who has estate agent friends? how hard is it to get into the business? info? thanks in advance (no bums reply to this post please)

i got a couple of mates who do it, and one girl that tired to do it and had to quit coz she couldn't. basically u gotta be good at talking to ppl, and have a basic understanding of the housing market which is pretty much common sense. i dno if now is such a good time to try and get into that industry, ppl aren't really buying at the mo, although the rental market is doing well.

i have around 4 friends who are estate agents and a few who tried to be

i don't know one who hasn't been a dodgey f*ck on the job

you definitely have to be a certain kind of person to do it.

My plan is to apply to be one when I loose my written warning at my current job

My boy was one and couldn't hack it

yeah selling defo aint for everyone i can't sell bullshit but if i believe in the product im away, im not that ruthless

Cos it's a sh*t job and 99.9% of estate agents are complete c*nts

me and my guy had an estate agent business in walthamstow couple years back, theres deffo money to be had, particularly in letting, most of our money came from these hard working eastern europeans plus every algerian in the area would come to us.

personally it wasnt for me, not cos of the selling, but more cos the stress of having to push these flats to break even against shop rent/business rates/tax/utility bills before i even take my money, but i guess u only need to think of them things if its ur business and not if ur just working as an estate agent.

/

shame

They're all cunts.

The guy who sits next to me hates Foxtons with a passion but will never explain why. Anytime anyone mentions them he goes off on one.

i deal with them, its certainly an industry where the young ones are usually twats

would probably prefer to sell cars tbh

not sure exactly but i think my boy is on around 30-40k and lookin at a promotion

he gets wrecked and goes into work still buzzing on various substances but can talk the talk regardless, started off on 12k in curry's sellin tvs

Got one friend from school who does it. From what I can see, he is doing very well for himself.

used to be one for Ludlow Thompson in Kilburn, decent job still. Had to stop when i decided i wanted to go uni, tho i still kinda make money from it now.

/

shame

yeah your pissed innit

nah im not pissed

first i thought u had addressed me an then i read it an it said GAFFER which is another users previous name

sooo......

thats why i said shame

ur pissed innit?

good for you pal,

you are right

i am a bum, i dnt have a job or any prospects

i live off the social and hope to have a baby soon (if anyone will have me) so i can get a flat off the council

/

shame

yeah your pissed innit

nah im not pissed

first i thought u had addressed me an then i read it an it said GAFFER which is another users previous name

sooo......

thats why i said shame

ur pissed innit?

DON'T TRY AND DRAG ME DOWN WITH YOUR SINKING SHIP

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

PMSL

/

DURRTS EMPTY URE INBOX

done

i swear most of them work 6 days a week, and whenever i walk past an estate agent about 9-10pm, I always see at least 1 or 2 ppl still working. f*ck that

you man don't love working? f*cked, I reckon most of you who don't like work either don't work or have a job thats not very fullfilling like warehouse or something however sales etc is fun work your chasing those payments making your salary if you work hard you can ball if you slack you can flop.

dno must have a different mindset to some peopl @Brisco hook me up

different strokes for different folks

i personally find selling absolute torture