H.I.V patient cured using Stem Cells

Mr Q

On the heels of World AIDS Day comes a stunning medical breakthrough: Doctors believe an HIV-positive man who underwent a stem cell transplant has been cured as a result of the procedure.

Timothy Ray Brown, also known as the "Berlin Patient," received the transplant in 2007 as part of a lengthy treatment course for leukemia. His doctors recently published a report in the journal Blood affirming that the results of extensive testing "strongly suggest that cure of HIV infection has been achieved."

Brown's case paves a path for constructing a permanent cure for HIV through genetically-engineered stem cells.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/14/hiv-cure-berlin-patient_n_796521.html

Don't know much about stem cell research, but isn't there a big argument against it?

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

Americans complain

i really dont know why cos from what i understand stem cell research could pave the way for some miraculous treatments and stuff

such a shame

gas

what about the guy whose virus count is so low his virtually "cured"; been quite a few people like this and nowt has happened

f*ck a cure, the gwop is in the medication

THATS WHAT IM SAYING

its a travesty

HIV is not a death sentence

i dno what the argument is against stem cell research, but with a story like this who will stand against it?