John Pilger: The Wars You Dont See

Guest faze

Nobody watch this last night? Very very good film on media embedding in wars and propaganda...

470x357-Cyt.jpg

Having premiered at the Barbican in London on Tuesday 7 December 2010 and on British television on Tuesday 14 December, 'The War You Don't See' is showing at the Curzon Soho in London on Thursday 16 December at 9pm.

Watch Now on ITV Player: http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=198443

Yeah basically this guy probably single handedly changed my outlook of this world and how f*cked up it really is. Great Journalism

His documentary on the War of democracy shows exactly how brutal and brazen USA's foreign policy really is. and its not just happening in the middle east

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3739500579629840148&hl=en#

Truly a must see this, and a good place to start to understand the extent of USA's Tyranny

Guest Awesome Kong

This documentary is good. LOL @ Assange about "we can't destroy it, we can't hold it, so the only thing we can do is publish it."

/

There is no such thing as a free media, even if they were free, the owners/directors/executives etc etc would only want you to see what they want you to know. The media and news are f*cked.

Guest Awesome Kong

Also, the west are f*cked, claiming that we live in a free society yet when people try to tell the truth about would certain people, companies, military and governments do they want to shut them down, kill them, lock them up for a long time etc etc. Makes me feel sick!!!

Do you think any Barry with 20 years expierance and a politics degree is going to be at the top of bbc news tweaking headlines to scaremonger?

VIP2 has become so deluded its unreal

You make two amusing points.

Many of the BBC's news gathering reporters and producers (essentially the KEY players) are predisposed to certain ways of reporting/thinking that makes them report the way they do. Take Nick Robinson, because he speaks to so many insiders, he gets to put his point across to us in a way that seems entirely personal and biased. He has been called on it on a number of occasions. FWIW though, the BBC is generally one of the more impartial news providers as it's a public company. The Today Programme remains (for me) the best news programme available in the UK.

Sky News on the other hand, they all worship the ground Murdoch walks on, and are regularly briefed/informed on what political stances to take on all major stories. It's a private company, it's no secret.

/

Re VIP2 being deluded, I think you're right to some extent. It's a thing I've noticed among certain young people of today, that they see the world in such a binary way: them and us. A lot of them walk around with the notion that they are somehow more enlightened than the rest of society because they've watched a few documentaries, smoked some hard piff and/or listened to a rasta/Islam cleric preach about the white man in power.

Anyway, John Pilger = very good investigative journalist. He is one of the only few journalists left who do a real good job of investigating. Most now just sit in front of their computer writing their 1000 word opinion on some cuntish government policy snd get paid 100k a year for it.

C'est la vie.

• Downvote 3

Re VIP2 being deluded, I think you're right to some extent. It's a thing I've noticed among certain young people of today, that they see the world in such a binary way: them and us. A lot of them walk around with the notion that they are somehow more enlightened than the rest of society because they've watched a few documentaries, smoked some hard piff and/or listened to a rasta/Islam cleric preach about the white man in power.

I dont think this is the case

More people can access information that they was not able 10 years ago

It allows people to gather information and make informed decisions if they are capable

You will get the ones who twist and distort information but i think its better to live in a society were this info is available and let human beings make there own mind up

People dont need to be fed what to believe but can seek the information and make there own mind up

• Upvote 2

Amazing documentary, should be used as evidence in war trials tbh.

I can't believe the response John Pilger has got, and the way some people are saying, John Pilger is so annoying, so arrogant. WTF. The guy could've dropped kicked an old lady at the end of the documentary, still doesn't matter if you watched everything else before it. The way this is just the tip of the iceberg as well. The way it's not just war correspondents being bribed with their jobs to put across a certain point of view. It's everything. It's f*ck*ng crazy.

@Yilmaz

Some young people do walk around like they're more enlightened than the rest of us. and guess what, they are. This documentary proves it. I remember 5-6 years ago one of those self-enlightened people telling me about how corrupt the BBC was and how bias they were to reporting key international issues. I remember arguing with this kid for hours about how much bullshit he was chatting, the BBC is a public company, etc, etc, I told him. This documentary just proves his point, That silly bitch's face when pressed by Pilger just proves it.