Hazard on the horizon...?

Gunner

Lille winger Eden Hazard has revealed that he would consider joining Arsenal at the end of the season.The 19-year-old is one of the hottest properties in Europe after some excellent performances for the Ligue 1 club, earning him high praise from French legend Zinedine Zidane.Zidane has reportedly urged Real Madrid to step up their attempts to bring the Belgium international in at the Bernabeu, but they are likely to face competition from the Gunners.Hazard has been impressed by the record of Arsene Wenger for bringing through promising youngsters to the highest level early in their careers, having had similar success with the likes of Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie.He also claimed that he turned down the opportunity to move on in the summer, as he felt it was too early to make the switch.Leap"I could have gone last June, but I was not ready to make that big leap," he said."Recently the press have been writing about interest from Liverpool, and it is nice to hear your name being mentioned everywhere, especially with the best teams in the world."If I do leave at the end of the season, I don't want to go somewhere where I will be on the bench."I am young, not 20 until next month, and it will be difficult to break through in a team like Real, where (Cristiano) Ronaldo and Kaka are my competitors."But there are teams like Arsenal, where youngsters can grow more easily into the first team and make their mark."I will not leave for another French club, because, with 100 matches under my belt for Lille. I don't think I have to prove my qualities for a team in the same league."Skysports.comLech Poznan striker Artjoms Rudnevs has admitted that he would be open to a move to Arsenal.The Latvian frontman has shot to prominence this season with his exploits in the Europa League.His achievements include four goals against Juventus, with a hat-trick notched against the Italian giants back in September.It is no surprise to hear that he is drawing attention ahead of the January transfer window, with Arsenal and Turkish outfit Galatasaray reported to be keen.The 22-year-old, who has also been linked with Juve, is not reading too much into the speculation for now, but admits he would be willing to discuss a deal with the Gunners."My favourite team are Barcelona but if I could choose from the teams mentioned I'd choose Arsenal," Rudnevs told www.origo.hu.He claims no approach for his services has been received as yet, so for now he is trying to remain focused on his commitments in Poland."I just try to concentrate on football," he added."I will only think about other clubs when Lech or my agents inform me that a real offer has been made."

Hazard is ready now in Wenger's eyes and playing in France.Wellington going to Spain.JET I dont think Wenger believes, and they still haven't found him a position, I see Liam Brady saying they think its right midfield but thats where they still trying to fit Walcott a England international in and on the left there still Vela who dont make the bench. JET better go on loan to a Prem club and makes Wenger second question.Aneke & Afobe yet to play Carling Cup.so as you can see its not that hard, Wenger doesnt really f*ck about with the attacking options, like say he would defence and goalkeeper.TBH like I said I 90% think he coming to us, provided other clubs dont try force the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed his interest in Eden Hazard and looks set to make a move for the Lille star.The Belgian winger is one of the most highly-rated players in France and seen as one of the most promising prospects in world football today.The 20-year-old has already made over 100 appearances for his club and been part of the first-team for over three years, and appears ready for a new challenge after being voted the French Ligue 1 player and young player of the year.Hazard has already stated his admiration in recent times for Arsenal and Wenger's ability to bring on young players, but also was attracted by a move to Liverpool.It is unlikely that Hazard will make a move to the Gunners during the January transfer window, but could well arrive at the Emirates in the summer unless Liverpool or another club accelerate their interest in him.Hazard even described the possibility of moving to North London as a "dream", something Wenger was keen to see come true."Let us try to make his dream come true," Wenger said."We are following him."Personally I think he has real talent and the level needed to play at Arsenal."But in the offensive department we have many players. At the end of the season we'll have a look at the situation."

• 1 month later...

Reported Arsenal target Eden Hazard has revealed he is not interested in a potential move to the Premier League.The Lille midfielder has caught the eye of clubs across Europe this season after a string of strong performances in Ligue 1.Rated at £20million, the 20-year-old is believed to be on the radar of Arsene Wenger, with Liverpool also said to be among the potential suitors.Yet despite interest from some of the biggest clubs in the Premier League, the Belgian believes he is not best suited to English football."I appreciate England a lot, Germany as well, but my characteristics respond more to Spanish football," Hazard is quoted as saying in The Sun."Furthermore, this country corresponds to my temperament, the heat and the beautiful stadiums."

• 2 weeks later...

Highly-rated winger Eden Hazard has extended his contract at Ligue 1 outfit Lille until 2015.The 20-year-old Belgium international is one of Europe's hottest properties, with a host of clubs monitoring his situation.The likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Real Madrid are all reported to be keen, with big-money moves in the pipeline.Hazard has always played down such rumours, insisting he is fully focused on his duties in France.He has now committed himself to Lille for a further 12 months, with the club confirming that an agreement has been struck on Friday."Lille are happy to announce the extension of Eden Hazard's contract by a year," read a club statement.Strong signalCoach Rudi Garcia has also welcomed the news, saying: "If Eden has signed an extension it's because he wants to be with us. It's a strong signal."A new deal indicates that Hazard is fully committed to his current employers, but he has sent out mixed messages since putting pen to paper.Rather than declare that his intention to see out the new contract, the youngster has hinted that he could yet be tempted to move on if the right offer arrives.He said: "I'm with Lille 100 per cent. I'm keen [to remain with Lille] but in football nothing is certain."There are still three months to play. I will tackle them all with my heart and we'll have time to talk afterwards."