Ryo Miyaichi to join Arsenal in January

gemma

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to confirm that Japanese forward Ryo Miyaichi will be joining the Club in January 2011. Everyone associated with the Club wishes Ryo, 18, well in the forthcoming All Japan High School Soccer Tournament, where he is representing Chukyodai Chuyko High School. Once the national championships are concluded, Ryo will join up with his new team-mates in London. Arsenal Manager Arsène Wenger said: “I am delighted Ryo will be joining us in the New Year."He trialled with us in the summer and has raw ability which has attracted many clubs around the world."I look forward to helping him fulfil his potential here at Arsenal.”

• 4 weeks later...
Ryo Miyaichi has had his initial work permit application rejected, Young Guns can confirm. The Japanese winger will now follow Wellington Silva out on loan this month.Silva officially completed his move to Arsenal today, as the club purchased the remaining 35% of his ownership from Fluminense. He has now agreed to join La Liga side Levante on loan until the end of the season, when the Gunners will try again to win the Brazilian a visa.Miyaichi is in a similar situation. He has now arrived in London and signed a five year contract, and is currently training with Steve Bould’s Under 18′s. Arsenal’s application for a work permit for him was rated at 50:50, but it has gone against Arsène Wenger.The 18-year-old will now go on loan, but interestingly, Spain is not being considered as the primary destination. Carlos Vela, Pedro Botelho, Samuel Galindo and now Wellington have all moved the Segunda after failing to win visas. Arsenal will instead look to loan Miyaichi out to the Dutch Eredivisie.A move has not been decided on yet, but Feyenoord are the front runners, along with Nacer Barazite’s Vitesse Arnhem. A deal should be completed in the coming days.
http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/01/miyaichi-to-follow-silva-on-loan/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Portuguese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3MBs52J3wU

His first official game.. looks the business.. raw pace, dribble & what not.
Yes pretty good for someone who's 6ft and surprisingly strongly built - which also means he's got good balance. You can see he likes having the ball too. Very raw as yet but quite promising considering that was his professional debut

Arsenal sensation Ryo Miyaichi is over the moon after scoring his first goal in Feyenoord's 2-1 win over Heracles at the weekend.The Japanese winger joined Arsenal straight out of high school in January and was immediately loaned out to gain valuable match experience.He is quickly becoming a cult hero at De Kuip despite making only his second appearance for the club on Saturday.The 18 year-old unleashed an unstoppable shot into the net after chesting down Diego Bisewar's cross 18 minutes into the game."For me, it was a feeling of pure joy on the field. I'm delighted to have scored my first goal for Feyenoord," an ecstatic Miyaichi told the club's official website."It was a great feeling to have my name chanted by the supporters."I am honoured to be a part of this team."Few had dreamed the skilful teenager would make such an impact having never played a professional league game before.On his debut against Vitesse Arnhem last Sunday, he was easily Feyenoord's best player after tormenting the opponent's defence with his penetrating runs.His exquisite goal against Heracles has now got the Dutch media talking, with some already nicknaming him "Ryodinho" after comparisons to Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo.