January Transfer Window (Confirmed Signings And Rumours))

Mame Biram Diouf

Sick of this guy and his high horse.When he was spending £13 million on Wiltord that was a relatively high fee at the time (amongst the top 15 that year) he wasn't so adverse to paying high fees for players.t's funny how his condemnation of high transfer fees has coincided with Arsenal's need to be financially prudent.I don't think Carroll is worth £35 million for the record.
Fam your taking it as a dig at Liverpool...I dont think Wiltord at 13m is comparable, as you just point out it was amongst the top FIFTHTEEN in that YEAR. Carroll is amongst the top TEN of ALL TIME and is the most expensive British footballer.Wenger answered cos we playing Newcastle & they lost Carroll (& Wenger wanted Carroll), his words would be way stronger if he was talking about Chelsea, as highlighted earlier in the week when he spoke on them.
I see what you're saying but he makes comments like this far too often, it just comes across salty to me.Wiltord isn't comparable but it shows that he wasn't so adverse to spending money when he had it to spend which is why although I partially agree with his views on teams splashing crazy cash it comes across salty.

Guest Portuguese

Carragher seems to be on the level one of a few footballers who seem to be.I go back to UCL final 2007 how humble he was after and also how he said the players had to take the blame for England's World cup exit and there was nothing wrong with the preparations.

Sick of this guy and his high horse.When he was spending £13 million on Wiltord that was a relatively high fee at the time (amongst the top 15 that year) he wasn't so adverse to paying high fees for players.t's funny how his condemnation of high transfer fees has coincided with Arsenal's need to be financially prudent.I don't think Carroll is worth £35 million for the record.
Fam your taking it as a dig at Liverpool...I dont think Wiltord at 13m is comparable, as you just point out it was amongst the top FIFTHTEEN in that YEAR. Carroll is amongst the top TEN of ALL TIME and is the most expensive British footballer.Wenger answered cos we playing Newcastle & they lost Carroll (& Wenger wanted Carroll), his words would be way stronger if he was talking about Chelsea, as highlighted earlier in the week when he spoke on them.
I see what you're saying but he makes comments like this far too often, it just comes across salty to me.Wiltord isn't comparable but it shows that he wasn't so adverse to spending money when he had it to spend which is why although I partially agree with his views on teams splashing crazy cash it comes across salty.
Wenger is salty not cos of the cash other teams spend, more cos he likes Carroll and in a realistic domestic market he'd sign him, same way he would have Rio, I think thats his point he just puts it across in his own unique way (which yes can be viewed as salty).I've noticed in foreign countries, notably Spain and I'll use them as an example, big teams (Real & Barcelona) would rarely get held ransom by a smaller team, for a "unproven" player. Whatever the circumstances.

Guest Portuguese

Nationality does not matter in La Liga(in other words your buying the player based on his talent alone).Buying Spanish should be top dollar but isn't not and I like the fact unproven players have a set buyout clause inserted in their contracts.

When asked about a future approach, Redknapp said: "I could do, yeah. I love him, I love the way he plays. That ball that Van der Vaart hit for Crouchy, David hit about seven of them the other morning in training."It was like he had radar and Crouchy kept heading them in the goal. I kept saying 'That's what I have been asking you to do lads'.
:D :D :D :D Arry >>>Crouch to be offered a new 4 year deal end of season and Becks to join Spurs in the summer. I suppose that was his idea when he bidded for Carroll but instead will settle for Crouchey.

why haven't City made a bid for a Schweinsteiger / Sniejder type player? do they think they have that creative midfield spark / set piece genius already? coz i can assure them that they don't.

• Downvote 3

when have city played with wingers last?

• Upvote 1