Pacquiao v Mosley

Flojo

Pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao, unable to even get a response from Floyd Mayweather Jr. gauging his interest in a fight, instead will defend his welterweight belt against former champion Shane Mosley on May 7 in a pay-per-view fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas."We came to a meeting of the minds," Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Tuesday night after a final meeting with Mosley and his adviser, James Prince, at the Top Rank offices in Las Vegas. "[Top Rank matchmaker] Bruce Trample says it's a very difficult fight. I believe it will be an exciting fight. Shane knows how to fight and how to deal with the speed. Manny is in for a hellacious fight. I really believe styles make fights."Arum said the fight will take place at the welterweight limit of 147 pounds.The deal is not unexpected. For weeks, Arum has been laying the groundwork for the match, an unpopular one with hardcore fight fans because many consider the 39-year-old Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KOs) to be past his prime.He was routed by Mayweather in May and fought to a desultory draw with Sergio Mora in a junior middleweight fight in September.But he got the fight over lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez and welterweight titlist Andre Berto. Arum had solicited term sheets from all three before going to the Philippines last week to attend Pacquiao's 32nd birthday party and to go over the particulars for all three potential opponents.Arum said Pacquiao (52-3-23, 38 KOs) settled on Mosley during a meeting last week and that he wrapped things up with Mosley on Tuesday."I think it's a good fight. I feel that Shane is one of the toughest guys left out there right now," said Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer. "He didn't get up for 'The Contender' guy [Mora], but he will get up for Manny Pacquiao. It's a difficult fight because Shane has speed and power. He's getting a little older, which is in our favor, but I expect Shane to be at his best because he's wanted this fight for a long time. I will get Pacquiao well prepared for this one."
Roach has also requested extra testing outside of the rules of the commission and Mosley has agreed...lolArum>>>_______Steady gwop gwopping!Roach>>>_______Best match maker and illusionist in the game.

Boxing is pissing me off a lot. Would like to see Mayweather vs Cotto tbf would make a good matchup.Fraudley vs Chisora would be a decent matchup as well, should finally put an end to Audrey's tenure.Finally would love to see Haye beat Chagaev and Povetkin before he hits d Klitschko's.
I think Povetkin would have a good chance of beating Haye

possibly hes got a sick ama background, aint seen much of him though, typical boring eastern european fighter but i do like the stance he fights out of, hayes movement will def give him trouble/this fight will be a 12rnd UD for Pacmanput your money on it
Mosley is shot though, lacking of stamina. Who breathes with their mouth open in round 3?Should have been Ko'd by Mayweather imo and was unspectacular against Mora.Would be surprised if he made 9 tbf.

possibly hes got a sick ama background, aint seen much of him though, typical boring eastern european fighter but i do like the stance he fights out of, hayes movement will def give him trouble/this fight will be a 12rnd UD for Pacmanput your money on it
Speed and movement don't really bother PovetkinIt will be Haye's power/Sanya's mental fragility that does him /I can definitely see Mosley getting stopped

truesay pov has fought at LH so will have dealt with quickereven still Haye is the better all round athlete n will prevailguys underrate him HARD, when he beats wlad ure all goin to see /watch mosleyhe wnt go dwn 100%if he gets stopped its on his feet or by cuts
lol wtf was i on aboutmust have been drunk or something lol, mixing him up with adamek PMSL
  • Downvote 1

what the hell is going on with povetkin anyway he was on a roll and then signed with atlas and started getting fat and acting like a bitch c'mon man mother russia would spit on u for this cowardiceman up fat boy u got some skills
yeah i dunno what happened eitherseems to have lost it mentallyhe's still undefeated but he beat byrd and chambers back to back then went back to fighting nobodies in 10 rounders