Christmas Day Thread

Lieutenant

I'll wake up at my house with the girl and then we're going over to my family's house for lunch and the rest of the day. My mum makes a f*ck*ng delicious feast.

Then we're going up to the girls familiy for Boxing Day where we'll essentially repeat the above, then we're going out with all her buddies for some yearly tradition party thing they always do.

I shall be watching the cricket throughout the festive period.

I love Christmas.

I haven't found my festive cheer yet tbh.

Christmas day at mines hosted by mum, sis and myself. Guests are dad and his wife, auntie uncle and 3 wee cousins, other aunty and 2 wee cousins.

Will be great having everyone together but its quite a bit of work...

Your mum and dad with his new wife together on xmas?

I see

/

What bird do you lot have?

I wanna have a whole duck one year

It's a standard Turkey in my house but my mum cooks it beautifully.

She does a whole ham on Christmas Eve and a joint of beef on Boxing Day as well though. Great stuff.

I would like to try the multi bird roast one year - it looks pretty spectacular.

12_bird_roast_800.jpg

12 BIRDS IN THIS TING!

• Upvote 2

I haven't found my festive cheer yet tbh.

Christmas day at mines hosted by mum, sis and myself. Guests are dad and his wife, auntie uncle and 3 wee cousins, other aunty and 2 wee cousins.

Will be great having everyone together but its quite a bit of work...

Your mum and dad with his new wife together on xmas?

I see

/

What bird do you lot have?

I wanna have a whole duck one year

Yeah :/ usually we go to my dads on boxing day but...I think they mite be comin this year.

Our whole Christmas day is kinda funny - you know all of the guests I listed...are Muslim?

My mums side of the family make very little effort to stay in touch / make time to see each other so we are closer to my dads side hence having them all over but that means we dont drink (until they leave) lol.

/

Think we are havin turkey but goose is meant to be nice.

I will wake up and go see mum and then my dad, go home to get ready and then set off to my aunts where i will be greeted by 13 cousins, 9 uncles, 10 aunts, mum and step dad, dad, nan and family friends. We will squeeze a few tables in, meats will be the following – Chicken, Beef, Lamb, Pork, Goose, Duck and some salmon, everyone will cook and bring a few dishes. Some will eat from laps, the food will be luke warm by the time its passed around and at least 3 glasses will get smashed. The kids will cry over who cheated with their thumb on the crackers and my uncles will bicker and get into ongoing debates.

We will then clear the tables and everyone will bring their present bag out, you take a seat and listen for your name or your present will be hurled at you, nan gives everyone a 50 but chances are my uncles wife will have hers go ‘missing’ 3rd time in a row.

There will be many serious games of jenga where grown men are seen to have shaky hands and sweat off their forehead, drinking games and then trying to watch a film over the kids screaming and playing hide and seek.

Go home hopefully to spend the night with the boyfriend and wake up to do pretty much the same thing as the day before but with different faces.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Guest Esquilax

I like Christmas. Everyone around the tree opening sh*t, not even forced happiness I'm pretty sure it's genuine. Just my immediate family no uncles or aunts or sh*t. Open .Gifs, explore said .Gifs, bun it down, eat a roast, bun it down more, relaxxxxx :Y:

Got the house to myself gonna just walk around the place naked watching xmas telly whilst drinking my vintage cognac ive been saving then go to my mums in the afternoon to swap presents and eat DUCK (f*ck a turkey).... some more drinking maybe go to my nans depending on what everyone's saying.... find somewhere to conk out whilst watching more xmas telly.

Then boxing day watch football....girl is coming up from hampshire (prays for snow and motorway shutdowns) then me, flatmate and a few of the mandem doing the traditional boxing day raving unfortunately we might be joined in the same location or near by venue by my girl, flat mates girl and this new power circle they trying to create.(might get ugly...no doubt ill be in venting thread soon)

• Upvote 1

Same ol uncomfortable forced to eat with poeple I have nothing in common with while they all get drunk n make stupid jokes day.

awwwww.... are you the socially awkward one of the family? "every year cipher, can't we have a just one gathering where you don't offend people?!?"

• Upvote 1

Guest Esquilax

Same ol uncomfortable forced to eat with poeple I have nothing in common with while they all get drunk n make stupid jokes day.

awwwww.... are you the socially awkward one of the family? "every year cipher, can't we have a just one gathering where you don't offend people?!?"

Lol Goth Cipher

"I *said* I don't *want* any *stuffing*! GOD..."

• Upvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

prob watchin Crime & Investigation Network all day, maybe some Nat Geo

they need to put Discovery on sky player still, bt they gt some on demand stuff, guess thats good enough