Wenger: Nobody Question Me

Aquaman

Arsene : Why change a losing formula?

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is confident that his No.2 Pat Rice will stay at the Emirates Stadium beyond the end of the season.Rice has been assistant at the club since the appointment of the Frenchman in 1996 and Wenger has stressed he wants the 61-year-old to continue in his role amid speculation regarding his future.The former Northern Ireland international has yet to confirm if he will stay on beyond this season, despite giving the Gunners more than 40 years of service.Wenger told the club's official website: "From my side, there's no hesitation. I want him 200 per cent to continue."It's only a desire from me. I know how valuable he is for the club and for me, and I want him to go on."At the moment there's more chance he remains at the club than he leaves. There's a 90 per cent chance that he will go on."It's important to keep him, as important as keeping a big player. But there's a 90 per cent chance that he'll stay."DecisionRice joined Arsenal as a 15-year-old apprentice in 1964 going on to make 528 appearances for the club, winning the Double in 1971 and lifting the FA Cup as captain in 1979.And Wenger remains determined that his trusted lieutenant will not be heading anywhere else, although the final decision rests in his hands."He will be at the end of his contract at the end of the season. He will not go anywhere else. So will he stay or stop? I don't know. I hope he will continue."Yes (it is Pat's decision). In this case I am the club and I want him to continue. I want to persuade him."He wants to be sure he can be completely 100 per cent committed. He's not a guy who does half or thinks half. He gives absolutely everything."He has been vitally important because when I arrived here he was a man of the club. He's a man who knows the British culture, and he's a winner. He is a guy who is ready to give his life to win and you want to be surrounded with people like that."You can trust him, he is reliable, he has fantastic football knowledge and he never talks (outside the club). That is vital. Some people are confused, they think it is more important to talk outside."
lol @ "and he never talks, that is vital"so true
  • Downvote 1