Drought soon come

Guest Yilmaz

Guest Yilmaz
Thirty-three men, including a firefighter commended for heroism in the 7/7 bombings, have been jailed for a total of 200 years after police smashed a £100m cocaine gang in one of the biggest operations of its kind.

Simon Ford, 41, who risked his life to rescue victims on the No 30 Tavistock Square bus after the 2005 terrorist attacks and received a London fire brigade gold award, was a key player in a sprawling network of underworld criminal gangs who flooded south-east England with drugs.

Now serving 14 years, details of his case can be reported for the first time after the final member of the drugs and money laundering gang faced sentencing at Southwark crown court and legal restrictions were lifted.

Operation Eaglewood saw 520 officers carry out simultaneous dawn raids at 30 addresses in the capital and home counties in February 2008, leading to 16 linked trials spanning two years.

At the hub of the drugs operation was a run-down but heavily fortified taxi garage, Royal Oak Taxis, under the Westway in Paddington, London. Huge consignments of cocaine, ready for repackaging and distribution, passed through its doors, with the offices also acting as a one-stop money laundering shop, where bags of sterling were swapped for smaller €500 notes.

Ford was one of 22 arrested during the dawn raids led by Scotland Yard's special intelligence section (SIS) after 10 months' surveillance, with officers employing a mechanical digger to ram through the wall of one address in Uxbridge.

The Soho-based firefighter was caught by officers at his flat in Chertsey, Surrey, as he divided more than 100kg of cocaine worth around £5.5m, for delivery to a ring of couriers waiting at service stations around the M25. His bravery medal was displayed on a table near to where police caught him red-handed sorting through the parcels.

The waterproof packages had been picked up at a beach in Hythe, Kent, the previous night after being delivered from Europe by men on an inflatable boat and were still wet with sea water, said police.

Ford, who admitted laundering several million pounds and conspiracy to supply cocaine, had become a trusted member of the network after taking cocaine as he struggled to cope with the aftermath of the 7 July bombings.

Cage-fighter Aman Salhan, of Harlington, west London, also found in the flat, was jailed for 17 years after being convicted of conspiracy to supply.

As police searched the flat dozens of phone calls were made to three pay-as-you-go mobile phones as worried criminal contacts tried to discover why the two men were late.

Detective Superintendent Steve Richardson, head of SIS, said the operation dealt "a huge blow" to the British class A drugs industry.

The money laundering and drug distribution network was linked to up to 10 criminal gangs with interests in Colombia, Spain, Israel, India, Dubai, Morocco and other north African states.

The investigation began after undercover police followed two known drug smugglers as they met a mystery accomplice.

They learned he was Eyad Iktilat, 47, who operated Royal Oak Taxis, which masqueraded as a taxi repair and loan company, but was in fact a front for a vast criminal empire. Millions in cash and drugs passed through its doors, earning Iktilat a fleet of prestige cars, including a Bentley Continental and Ferrari with personalised plates, and several homes. Iktilat, of Euston, north-west London, was jailed for 30 years after being convicted of money laundering, conspiracy to supply cocaine and cannabis, and possession of cocaine.

Money mules brought bags of up to £500,000 cash to the taxi company to be converted into €500 notes via Euro Foreign Exchange (EFX), a corrupt currency exchange company in Paddington, where manager Jean-Claude Frigieri, 56, bought hundreds of thousands of pounds-worth of €500 notes from a banknote wholesaler known as Interchange.

Frigieri, of West Molesey, Surrey, was jailed for 10 years after being convicted of money laundering.

Others linked to the gang included a convicted murderer, bodybuilders and Cambridgeshire drug dealer Russell Tate, 49, whose brother Patrick who was shot dead in a Range Rover in Rettendon, Essex, in 1995.

The gang's main banker, Iraq-born Maythen Al Ansari, 42, was jailed for three years for money laundering after police used a digger to smash down a wall at his Uxbridge home.

"These criminals had been living the lives of wealthy businessmen through their criminal activity. The lives they are now leading could not be more different," said DS Richardson.

"The link between drugs and violence has been well made and can ultimately be traced to violence and harm in London's boroughs. Operation Eaglewood has prevented these men contributing to that."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/05/cocaine-gang-sentenced-200-years

lol.

someone told me theres a weed drought going on, how true is that? i havent been linking much in the past 6 months and lately aint even been linkin at all so i wouldnt even know.

last few times though weights seemed to be gettin more bumped than normal.

piff is gettin rolled as per normal, no drought round ere

what kinds of weights are you gettin?

i need to get on terms with people who are pushin bigger amounts and not ona stinge and will gimmie better weights. average street dealers are bumping hard, like less than 2g on an 1/8 and sh*t. these days i dont even blaze that much and only rely on a few old heads to get me good quality food, but even those guys dont seem to be pushin enough weight to be able to give me more than 2g. i remember back in the day when i was more into all that i used to get 3.5g standard.

lol.

someone told me theres a weed drought going on, how true is that? i havent been linking much in the past 6 months and lately aint even been linkin at all so i wouldnt even know.

last few times though weights seemed to be gettin more bumped than normal.

can only find sick croe atm, try not having dealers but growers as friends

what kinds of weights are you gettin?

i need to get on terms with people who are pushin bigger amounts and not ona stinge and will gimmie better weights. average street dealers are bumping hard, like less than 2g on an 1/8 and sh*t. these days i dont even blaze that much and only rely on a few old heads to get me good quality food, but even those guys dont seem to be pushin enough weight to be able to give me more than 2g. i remember back in the day when i was more into all that i used to get 3.5g standard.

weight is all changed prices are changed its around the 1g £10 2g £20 mark

ye i used to know growers indirectly but times have changed and people have moved on. some people i dont even chat to anymore, others arent even in the weed game like they used to be or moved, etc.

i think if i was really bothered i could go through my phonebook and possibly get to a grower indirectly, but since im not linking big the missions it would involve wouldnt be worth it. also the times i do want a draw i just want convenience. that doesnt mean i would settle for a sh*t draw if it was extremely convenient, i dont mind putting in a bit of effort to get sumin better. but for years i was just used to getting high grade and top weights without much hassle. this whole things changed now and so have i.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

reporting restrictions aint exactly gonna delay a drought is it? if they gt raided in 08 the drugs got taken off the street nt like they were still supplying n stopped when it was reported

ergo, the drought was in 08 not "soon come"

I haven't been involved with weed or that sort of thing for a few years now, but selling weed nowadays is a decent hustle, back in the day you would sell an ounce for minimal profits or persy, but nowadays you can make a fairly decent amount from an ounce, even if its bog standard weed ppl are still passing it on as highgrade etc..

The same will soon happen with coke, dealers will look to call it various types of different names and what not extort to consumers and maximize profits, its already started in a sense with pink champagne, only a matter of time.

It's cpke, don't watch what google saying.

i didnt google bruv i used to shot that in 04.

Ok cool, maybe so, but there is coke flying about now under that alias.

are u saying guys are putting food colouring in coke now aswell? lol.

/

end of the day, anyone selling coke of reasonable purity will never need a 'brand' or a gimmick, the product will speak for itself and always have a captive market so to speak.

anyone dropping colour into coke and giving it sum name is most likely looking to move sum sh*t product.

It's cpke, don't watch what google saying.

i didnt google bruv i used to shot that in 04.

Ok cool, maybe so, but there is coke flying about now under that alias.

are u saying guys are putting food colouring in coke now aswell? lol.

/

end of the day, anyone selling coke of reasonable purity will never need a 'brand' or a gimmick, the product will speak for itself and always have a captive market so to speak.

anyone dropping colour into coke and giving it sum name is most likely looking to move sum sh*t product.

God knows, i can only assume so, i'm guessing it appeals to the younger crowds that will probably try show off that they have got some sick new coke etc.

Regualr users just want coke on the rock and there happy.

I haven't been involved with weed or that sort of thing for a few years now, but selling weed nowadays is a decent hustle, back in the day you would sell an ounce for minimal profits or persy, but nowadays you can make a fairly decent amount from an ounce, even if its bog standard weed ppl are still passing it on as highgrade etc..

The same will soon happen with coke, dealers will look to call it various types of different names and what not extort to consumers and maximize profits, its already started in a sense with pink champagne, only a matter of time.

ye but those people who are just selling off ounces are just passing on the bumpage to those who pick up off them. they aint making that much more than back in the day because the price of an Oz has gone up aswell.