All men in Bristol should be DNA-tested, says MP

DJ Stashman

DNA samples from every man in Bristol should be screened as police continue to hunt for the murderer of Joanna Yeates, one of the city's MPs has urged.

Most men would understand why they were being asked, said Kerry McCarthy, the Labour MP for Bristol East. She added that DNA testing had proved critical in other murder cases.

"Rather than taking DNA just from men in the Clifton area [where Ms Yeates was abducted], where the population is somewhat transient, the operation should be widened to include the whole of the city," she added. However, the former Labour junior whip conceded: "Quite how the police would organise this I don't know."

Ms Yeates, 25, was last seen alive on 17 December. Her frozen, snow-covered body was found at the roadside by dog walkers on Christmas Day.

Avon and Somerset Police previously used mass DNA screening in the 1995 investigation into the disappearance of 18-year-old Louise Smith. Officers collected 4,500 DNA samples from local men.

Ms Smith's killer, student David Frost, later pleaded guilty to her murder after his DNA sample – taken in South Africa – matched a sample found on the victim's body. Frost, then 21, was jailed for life in February 1998.

A reconstruction of the events leading to Ms Yeates's murder will soon be broadcast on the BBC1 programme Crimewatch.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/all-men-in-bristol-should-be-dnatested-says-mp-2180289.html

Funny how this story started about how a woman is missing.

now its every man in bristol must be DNA Tested

its all bound to happen sooner or later lads,

we should cherish these days as for now we have a choice,

i fully believe in 10 years time these things will be made law.

c/s, DNA to be taken at birth

soon come

/

Do not agree with your guilty to ruled out innocent which is what this action is essentially saying

its all bound to happen sooner or later lads,

we should cherish these days as for now we have a choice,

i fully believe in 10 years time these things will be made law.

c/s DNA to be taken at birth

soon come

/

Do not agree with your guilty to ruled out innocent which is what this action is essentially saying

tbh, the Police need all the help they can get these day, half down to their own ineptness, and from young ive always looked at certain shows as being tools for criminals to perfect the perfect crime by knowing how the Police catch criminals and covering their tracks,

i.e shows like Crimewatch, when they go over how exactly they got this guy and that guy and shows like CSI and the like,

i actually believe it isn't amazingly difficult to commit the perfect crime without being caught if you sat down and thought it through properly.

the times are a changing and the police are being left behind,

DNA databases are inevitable

them ways of convincing everyone to fall into line,

Stupid people will fall for that line and cue up at their local police station,

as life has taught me that most people are f*ck*ng idiots,

kmt these are the people who are condemming us to a future of close surveilance and control

Guest Klitschko

People are going to realise sooner or later that they won't truly ever have their freedom from these more subtle forms of governmental tyranny without an orgy of violence. Or some kind of orgy anyway.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

LMAO @ volunteering to be put on that database for enternity

nah g, so they can mix up the samples someday n i get blamed for something?

from when they leave laptops n top secret documents on trains, ill pass