Car keyed

Guest Klitschko

Guest Klitschko

Has anyone here had this happen to them, if so what were they quoted etc? Have seen a few numbers floating around on the net but I'd like to speak to a pleb from here with first hand experience.

Cheers.

diferent sized scratches are gonna cost differently, And if the damage has occured over multiple panels it'll cost more. Mke sure u go to a reputable painter with at least 4 or 5 good reviews and u've seen their work cos painting cars isnt easy lotta sh*t guys out there. The paint will have to be blown in to match the sorrounding panels and other sh*t, gotta watch out for orange peel and sh*t. Where u based

prices completely depend on what panels were keyed and how deep it was keyed. if it was keyed to bare metal then will need respraying (most likely the case). also depending on where it was keyed, you might need to get the panels around it to be sprayed aswell so the fresh paint blends in.

best bet is to go to few local bodyshops and get some quotes.

if a guy i've got beef with is that cowardly that the only way of callin him out is vandalising his vehicle

I'M BREAKING SOME GLASS!!!!

windscreen - smashed!

tailgate glass - smashed!

now we'll talk about some repair costs

prick.

about f*ckin "keying". costin a man some paintwork and he could potentially still drive his car without the repair. waste of time

but @ topic title maker, go to halfords, they sell these thin paint things designed exactly for this, try that before getting Your car / panels resprayed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

if a guy i've got beef with is that cowardly that the only way of callin him out is vandalising his vehicle

I'M BREAKING SOME GLASS!!!!

windscreen - smashed!

tailgate glass - smashed!

now we'll talk about some repair costs

prick.

about f*ckin "keying". costin a man some paintwork and he could potentially still drive his car without the repair. waste of time

but @ topic title maker, go to halfords, they sell these thin paint things designed exactly for this, try that before getting Your car / panels resprayed.

Funny enough having both your windscreen and tailgate smash will cost less than bodypaint repair. Most Insurances will cover you for windscreen replacement, at most your paying £50.

Them Halfords touch up paints are awful, you will just end up with a slightly darker colour match due to the car's actual colour being. Best bet is to get it sanded, primed then resprayed with a few coats over a few panels to match.