VIP2 Cookbook of Henchness

Skenghis Khan

Basically a cooking thread for the gym goons, where we share tasty yet high protein recipes.in an ideal world we should be consuming between 1-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight a day split over 6 meals. For me this would mean each of my meals should contain around 45g of protein. This can be difficult to maintain and you can end up eating the same things all the time or becoming reliant on protein shakes (imhim? lol). i see no reason why i cant have a varied and tasty diet and achieve my strength and fitness goals, unless ur one of them "i want to gain 20lbs of muscle but still see my six pack" type guys its perfectly possible.So i experiment or try to adapt 'normal ppl' recipes, alot of these experiments turn out f*ck*ng awful and inedible, but this thread is for the sharing ones that dont. There are lots of recipes to be found on the internet, but many of them ime dont actually work or taste really bad (avoid adding lots of protein powder to things that need to cooked, is a good rule of thumb, it generally results in nasty texture and flavour.)two ingredients which ive found extremely useful are pasteurized egg whites and extra virgin coconut oil. Pasteurized egg whites are sometimes hard to find in the uk and can be a little pricey (£5 a litre, which is about 32 whites) but is very good source of protein and extremely useful. Sainsbury's and tescos sell it in cartons and you also buy it in 6 litre packs from myprotein.com. extra virgin coconut oil is predominately made up of medium chain triglycerides (MCT's) as opposed to other oils which contain mostly LCT's. MCT's are burnt quickly by the body which prefers to use them immediately rather than store them, basically coconut oil is made up of good fats.Only share recipes in here that you have tried and can vouch for, include photos and nutritional content if u can.

• Upvote 3

i will get this started with two excellent breakfast recipes i stole from the elitefts website. I will add more once ive done photos of the completed recipe

POWER FRENCH TOAST

e2ptQ-1.jpg?t=1296060238

These are f*ck*ng peng.Ingredients:4 slices of fruit loaf1/2 cup of egg white1/4 cup of whole milk1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder1 tsp cinnamon (more if u want)2 tbs extra virgin coconut oilmaple syrup (optional)Method:Blend the egg white, milk, protein powder and cinnamon.place bread in a large bowl/dish, and pour the blended mix over the bread, allow the bread to soak up the liquid (preferably over night in the fridge)heat the oil in a large frying pan for a couple of minutes on a medium heat, be careful not to overheat the oil causing it to smokeplace the eggy bread in the pan and cook for a minute or two per side until u get the desired amount of crispiness (be careful, the soggy bread is fragile)put on plate and drizzle with maple syrup (or not if ur scared of the extra calories)Nutritional InformationCalories: 777.5Protein: 40gCarbs: 74gFats: 31.25g (28g of which comes from the coconut oil rich in MCT's)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROTEIN PANCAKES

DSCF0061.jpg?t=1296054811

recipe makes one big meaty pancake. you can use woteva topping (fruit etc) walnuts give u a few extra grams of protein. in the pic ive made two and topped with a handful of walnuts giving me about 64g of protein for breakfast.Ingredients:3 egg whites (1/2 a cup)1 whole egg1 cup of oats 1 tsp of cinnamonMethod:blend the oats until u have a fine powderthen add the egg whites, egg and cinnamon to the powdered oats and blend to make pancake battergrease a frying pan, and pour in the mixture like a normal pancake.cook on a medium heat, when u see bubbles rising in the centre flip the pancake and cook for another minute or so.add whatever topping you want.Nutritional Content: Calories: 418Protein: 30gCarbs: 55gFats:11g----------------------------------------------------------------------------more recipes soon come.

• Upvote 7

mmmmm protein pancakes........good thread however i cannot be f*cked to cook stuff, ever. i'm one of those ppl that can't pre-empt their hunger, if i wanna eat i wanna eat now and until then i'm too busy doing more interesting stuff. help me my fellow gym goons.

CREPES

DSCF0087.jpg?t=1296177230

basically the same as the protein pancakes, but u make em thin so u can wrap up a filling. i like to have them in place of sandwiches but u can have them sweet as well, just replace the savory flavours with a drop of maple extract/vanilla or cinnamon. also nonstick is a must. in the pic i've filled them with chicken breast, rocket and sweet onion relish giving me 69g of protein.Ingredients:3/4 cup oats1 cup egg whitepinch of salt and some basil or small handful of sundried tomatoes .Method:blend the oats into powderadd egg white and woteva herbs/flavours u want, blend wellgrease a large nonstick frying pan, heat over medium heat.pour mixture into pan, cook for a couple minutes and flip.Nutritional Content:Calories: 400Protein: 30gCarbs: 36gFat: 9g

12ec6-1.jpg?t=1296177426

This is something i do quite a lot because its so quick and easy often have it when i come in from work. get a tin of tuna put it in a saucepan and add sum stir in pasta sauce get a good one or premake ur own and heat it up. 25g of protein in a tin of tuna so u can wash this down with a protein shake or use an extra tin of tuna and thats an easy 50g of protein in about 5 minutes.

Chocolate and Walnut Protein Cheesecake

DSCF0042.jpg?t=1296341542

calling this a cheesecake cos it technically is but the topping has the texture of fudge, in fact u cud just make the topping without the base and eat it as protein fudge if u wanted less carbs/calories. Ingredients:base:4oz of digestives (7 biscuits)2oz sugar2oz margtopping:2oz chopped walnuts2oz black chocolate4oz low fat cream cheese1tsp peanut butter1tsp vanilla extract1/2 cup marg1/4 cup sugar2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder (its about 4 and 1/2 scoops, u cud use chocolate whey if u have that instead)Methodbase:crush the digestive into crumbsgrease an 8" tin melt the marg in a panadd sugar and stir till meltedadd crushed digestives and stir until their thoroughly coatedput the digestive mixture in the tin and press until flat and evenput in fridge until set (1 hour)topping:melt the marg, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in pankeep stirring until completely mixedadd sugar and vanilla, mix well againput the mix in a bowl and add the walnuts and protein powder, and mix. its difficult and messy to mix, it will have the consistency of tar. u might want to use ur hands and knead it together. keep mixing till the powder is completely incorporated.spoon the mixture onto the base u made earlier and try to spread it evenly as possibleput in fridge to set, then cut into 6 even slicesNutritional Content:per sliceProtein: 24gcarbs: 16gfat: 24.5g

another thing u can do for variation is protein ice cream. comes out like frozen yoghurt. blend up a cup of egg white, cup of milk, sum frozen raspberrys/strawberrys/woteva and a few scoops of whey. pour the mix into a container, put it in the freezer and go back and stir it up every hour, the more u stir it the more like proper ice cream it will be.6B43n.jpg?t=1296343661

• Upvote 2

^^^^what i do is similar to that but but more like a protein smoothie:Excellent for breakfast, as the Berries in this mix are very good metabolism boosters.Not ideal to take in the evening, or at night because of thisTo crush and blend berries properly a Smoothie Blender should be usedIngredients1 Cup of frozen summer fruits043049.jpg?ts=634283444712half a cup of Natural probiotic Yoghurt---(Plain, or Vanilla is the best type of yoghurt to use)Half cup of Milk 2 tablespoons of Honey Your Usual scoop(s) of Whey protein (Vanilla or Strawberry Protein are ideal, due to the berry flavors in the berrymix,but chocolate can also be used.)--------------Optional Additions:1 scoop of regular icecreamHalf a Banana Half a handful of nuts-----------------------------Blend until smooth... you could either have it immediately or put in freezer for 30-45mins and this converts the smoothie into icecream

it can be as simple or complex as u want tbhthink of it like this u cant make something from nothing in this world, ur body cant magically create muscle out of thin air, it has to build it using the raw materials u give it. to make a simple analogy, imagine building a brick wall, the completed wall represents ur bodies musculature, the bricks and mortar are the foods u eat (lets say the bricks r ur protein sources and the mortar is everything else), the actual process of u building the wall brick by brick is ur weightlifting routine. You can spend as long as u want tryna build the thing but if u dont have enough bricks and mortar u wont be able to build a very big wall.ur bodies a balanced equation, u cant cheat it, the results u get out are balanced with what u put in.keeping it simple: if u eat 4-6 meals a day with a substantial protein source alongside a weight routine that emphasizes big multi-joint movements, u will get big(ger)./gym goon guinness punch:add 1 cup of egg white, 1/4 cup of evap, 2 scoops of vanilla whey and a bit of sugar to a blender, blend for a minuteadd two scoops of rum and raisin ice cream, and blend sum more. add half a can/bottle of guinness let the head settle, then blend again add a tsp of vanilla essence and the rest of the guinness, blend again.u will probably end up with like a litre of drink, pour it into glass an sprinkle nutmeg on top

• Upvote 1

i like the analogy 4-6 meals? :D i thought i was doing well having 2 lunches/i did hear that a good diet is as important as a good workout. need to step up my eating game
that is including shakes tho, if u load em up - two scoops of whey, tblspoon of pb, cup of egg white, 2 cups whole milk, a banana, handful of almonds - thats a pretty decent meal and 75g+ of protein./another thing i like to do is bake sum sweet potato, add it to a bowl with 2 scoops of whey sum cinnamon and a cup of milk and mix it all together into a mash and munch it, its a bit of a cant be f*cked meal atm but its given me the idea to make sum kind of protein sweet potato pie./just ate banana pancakes using this recipe:1 cup egg white3/4 cup oats1/2 scoop vanilla whey (u cud use banana flava if u had it)2 tbl brown sugardash of cinnamon blend that into smooth batter, makes 3 decent pancakes. about 30g protien totalbest ones ive done, proper light and fluffy. did sum for the mrs and she thort they were normal banana pancakes, little did she know she was eating the equivalent of a chicken breast in protein content.i also did coffee and walnut pancakes the other day by adding sum instant coffee to the blender and sprinkling sum broken up walnuts into the batter just after i poured it into the pan. pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
12ec6-1.jpg?t=1296177426[/center]This is something i do quite a lot because its so quick and easy often have it when i come in from work. get a tin of tuna put it in a saucepan and add sum stir in pasta sauce get a good one or premake ur own and heat it up. 25g of protein in a tin of tuna so u can wash this down with a protein shake or use an extra tin of tuna and thats an easy 50g of protein in about 5 minutes.
did something similar to this just nowfried some onions in a sauce pan with a bit of olive oil, threw in a can of tuna, dashed some mixed herbs, garlic powder and black pepper. threw in some chopped tomatoes (canned) let it simmer for a couple minutestoasted some brown bread and poured it over, feeling solid after tht

• 2 weeks later...

eggs today dont have as much cholesterol as they did previously, and theres a misunderstanding about cholesterol in general. your body or liver makes more cholesterol than eggs, high cholesterol is associated with saturated fats, high sodium, and an unfit lifestyle.the more active you are, more vitamins, healthy fats and oils, anti oxidants you take, the more ability your body has to reduce the production of cholesterol. so eggs have more positives than negatives